British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

I be held off getting a refund as am waiting to hear the restaging date - could I live to regret this ?

I'm sure there will be a re-staging.But i'm sure the ones asking for a refund won't be attending.After the last fiasco Leicester wont be getting my money in the near future.

I be held off getting a refund as am waiting to hear the restaging date - could I live to regret this ?

Me too, it's probably the Saturday night problem!

I'm afraid whenever the restaging date is, Leicester won't be having mu custom.

So yet another day passes, and I still haven't received a refund from Leicester!!

There are some comments regarding refund cheques and potential re-staging of the meeting, on the Leicester Lions Speedway team facebook page if that helps at all. Hope you get your money back soon though.

So yet another day passes, and I still haven't received a refund from Leicester!!

Someone asked about the whereabouts of their refund on the Lions facebook page 2 days ago, the reply given by a member of the Lions staff ( presumably Linda Jones as she is the website administrator), was " I was told all refunds have been sent out" . The advice given was to e-mail the club so they could check.

Does anybody know the e-mail address for Linda Jones please?

I'm a bit of a dim wit at times when it comes to Facebook, and although I've searched, I can't find the comments mentioned by Mr Bump and stevethelion.

Thank You.

I've just tracked my letter through the Royal Mail, and a Mr, Mrs, Ms Newberry signed and took delivery of it.

I can't find this name on the list of the clubs officials, anybody know who he or she is?

I hope everyone receives their refund. Unfortunately I think I've inadvertently helped the promoter's funds as I forgot to use the two tickets at the last meeting and I can't even find the 'safe place' I've put them now. Probably in the bin. :lol:

I'm a bit of a dim wit at times when it comes to Facebook, and although I've searched, I can't find the comments mentioned by Mr Bump and stevethelion.

Thank You.

I've just tracked my letter through the Royal Mail, and a Mr, Mrs, Ms Newberry signed and took delivery of it.

I can't find this name on the list of the clubs officials, anybody know who he or she is?

e-mail address for speedway is lions@leicester-speedway.com I don't know whether that goes through to Linda Jones, but she is the web administrator so I imagine she 'll get it.

Thank You.

I was in contact with Linda Jones on several occassions,and she replied every time i emailed her.

My tickets were also signed for by a person named Newberry and i got my refund.So at least this person is possibly connected to the club.

Thanks again stevethelion and tellboy.

Yet again nothing has arrived in the post today, so I'll try the e-mail address you've given, and see what happens. WHAT A CLUB!!!

I've just received this from Linda!!

Hi Mike

Sorry I don't work in the office so I am not sure if your refund has been sent yet but I will ask for you and come back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards, Linda

Linda Jones

linda.jones@leicester-speedway.com

www.leicesterlions.co

My continued correspondence has now been forwarded on to David Hemsley.

That worries me even more, as I thought he'd been banned!!!

He's still the owner though, just not allowed to promote at the moment. Anyway, good luck with your refund as according to this week's Speedway Star the riders haven't been paid for 5 weeks.

He's still the owner though, just not allowed to promote at the moment. Anyway, good luck with your refund as according to this week's Speedway Star the riders haven't been paid for 5 weeks.

Is that Earth weeks or Neptune weeks?

I'm still keeping everything crossed that those responsible refund my money, especially as two other people have received their money back, but can't understand why it's taking so long.

If I don't, then that is victimisation, and I will take the matter up with the Trading Standards Office and a Member of Parliament to start with, and see where we go from there.

The clock is now ticking.

• Like 1

Yet another day passes and no refund!!!