British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

The track is rock hard, should be little penetration from the overnight rain, as long as it stops by 12:00 noon/13:00, any surface water can be removed without damaging the track as most of the rain will have ran-off, which means it should be fine, the rest of the day is bright, 20c with a breeze, outside chance of a shower..

UPDATE:

The band of heavy rain that is moving in from the west has broken up considerably over the last hour...

Doesn't look like it's anywhere near the beast that was originally forecast... In by 02:00, gone by 08:00 I reckon now.....

The track is rock hard, should be little penetration from the overnight rain, as long as it stops by 12:00 noon/13:00, any surface water can be removed without damaging the track as most of the rain will have ran-off, which means it should be fine, the rest of the day is bright, 20c with a breeze, outside chance of a shower..

UPDATE:

The band of heavy rain that is moving in from the west has broken up considerably over the last hour...

Doesn't look like it's anywhere near the beast that was originally forecast... In by 02:00, gone by 08:00 I reckon now.....

still raining

I know, the rain band has stalled!! If you look at the hi res rainfall radar, you'll see that if it had limped another 25 miles south east, we'd be out of the rain now and it would of been sunshine all the way!!

Now got to see if it can limp south east a bit sharpish, and be gone by 12 noon as I said originally........

Bloody weather, this is why club's need track covers!! It will stop raining, and had the track been covered, their would be absolutely 100% chance of racing tonight..

I know, the rain band has stalled!! If you look at the hi res rainfall radar, you'll see that if it had limped another 25 miles south east, we'd be out of the rain now and it would of been sunshine all the way!!

Now got to see if it can limp south east a bit sharpish, and be gone by 12 noon as I said originally........

Bloody weather, this is why club's need track covers!! It will stop raining, and had the track been covered, their would be absolutely 100% chance of racing tonight..

Heavy rain in Leicestershire, let's hope it clears.

I get the feeling that the BSPA is now trying to run this match. May come down to if they can scrape together 6 or 7 riders to form a Leicester side and muster enough people to staff the meeting.

I get the feeling that the BSPA is now trying to run this match. May come down to if they can scrape together 6 or 7 riders to form a Leicester side and muster enough people to staff the meeting.

If this the case worrying for the fans, the heavy rain doesn't seem to stop, not sure if it's raining heavy by the track

No team news on Lions website, just a brief preview. On the speedway gb website, their preview as Masters, Kerr & Palm Toft guesting for KL, with R/R for Porsing . But also no mention of Lions team.

Probably still trying to find riders that will ride with no guarantees of getting paid!!

A 'promise' of a team place next year is hardly going to hold much water - unlike the track!!

No team news on Lions website, just a brief preview. On the speedway gb website, their preview as Masters, Kerr & Palm Toft guesting for KL, with R/R for Porsing . But also no mention of Lions team.

The website administrator is on holiday.

I'm a bit concerned that meeting hasn't been mentioned in the news section of the KL website.

Is there anybody close to the track that can issue a current weather report?

According to the Leicester Mercury the teams for tonight are:-

Lions: 1 Patrick Hougaard, 2 Rider replacement, 3 Nikolai Klindt, 4 Paul Starke, 5 Syzmon Wozniak, 6 Ludvig Lindgren, 7 Josh Auty.

King's Lynn: 1 Michael Palm-Toft, 2 Robert Lambert, 3 Chris Harris 4, Kai Huckenbeck, 5 Troy Batchelor, 6 Robert Branford, 7 Carl Wilkinson.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Is Busk Jacobsen not available then?

Having had a look around the various web sites I suspect that it will be Masters at no3 for King's Lynn and not Harris as reported in the Leicester Mercury. (see my previous post for teams)

Edited by Happy Hunter