British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Now @ 7:30 Sat 22nd October 2016

You are right, it was his baby, he chose the track shape, length, width, etc....

If it had have been you building it, who would you have took advice off?

Just saying.......

People who knew about the motorised version .not the pedal type , and experienced promoters ,who have kept clubs afloat in the most trying of times , Hemsley was offered more than a lions share of both types of advice ,but took it on himself to do what he pleased with 28 years of other peoples graft and persistence . the sad thing is ,it's someone elses dream and hard work that the arrogant know it all and lunatic wife have destroyed , and it never was his baby it was someone elses .

• Like 3

Will this meeting ever happen, as someone said who pays the fine anyway. The whole thing with BP is a total shambles. The best thing that DH could do is to just walk away from it give the stadium to a new promoter who knows a bit about running a speedway club. Can't see him ever doing that though.

He should hang his head in shame for what he has done here, for all the hard work that so many people put in to get speedway back up and running again in the city, for it only to get in the mess it is in now. All because he would not listen, he would not listen to anyone on the track shape, this is my baby, keep your nose out, then the worst thing that happened he took the club into the Elite League. Running the team on a shoe string budget. This year was even worse, he got together a team that would have stuggled in the PL and the fans started walking away. Lost his main sponser and noone else wanted to know.

What will 2017 bring, will things be sorted out over the winter and see the Lions under a new owner or will the stadium be locked up and taken over by the council and be bulldozed flat. The last part I hope doe's not happen, I just wish they would have the guts to come out of Lala Land and let people know what is actually going on.

Mr Bump mentioned the Mafia, even they talk more than the Lions management do. What a terrible state of affairs to let, things get this far. Shame on all of you if you let speedway die again in Leicsester..

surly Leicester won't become another Newport ?.

surly Leicester won't become another Newport ?.

If the BSpa have anything to do with it will

Think it's time to prepare for righting off the 18 squiddly diddly rather than believing a meetings going to happen.

I'm not writing off the money I'm owed. Was going to go on Friday but cannot make the 15th (if it even happens).

I'll get my refund one way or another.

I'm not writing off the money I'm owed. Was going to go on Friday but cannot make the 15th (if it even happens).

I'll get my refund one way or another.

Small claims court?

Small claims court?

If it comes to it though obviously that incurs costs. I know of 7 others at least in this position so might be worth grouping together.

The last resort would be I would just walk away from speedway altogether. I simply refuse to give anymore of my money to people who treat fans with such contempt.

If it comes to it though obviously that incurs costs. I know of 7 others at least in this position so might be worth grouping together.

The last resort would be I would just walk away from speedway altogether. I simply refuse to give anymore of my money to people who treat fans with such contempt.

So you claim for costs as well, but you may need to confirm you have tried all other routes first.

This is what is annoying, the cost of time and effort in claiming a refund. If more people claimed these costs the stadium might start paying out on the night.

• Like 1

I know you have tried to get replies on social media, any response from the BSPA?

Too far up collective orifices for the Speedway Star to do an investigation

If not I wonder if any of the newspapers would be interested? Not a fan of some of the press but they seem to like "corruption" type issues in sport and this is bordering on it. Might just jolt the BSPA into action.

Knowing you as I do, it takes a lot for you to walk away from the sport you have loved since childhood but it seems the authorities just don't care about the fans anymore so they only have themselves, collectively and individually, to blame.

Hopefully you will get a positive outcome without going to extreme measures. Spedway can ill afford to lose fans like yourself.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Thanks SL

Social media is such an easy thing to do. I know sometimes the person on the end doesn't know the answer. But you acknowledge the query with a holding tweet, say you'll find out and get back them. Just ignoring all reasonable and polite requests is just poor customer service and leaves a bad taste.

I've asked for a third time. See where that gets me!!

Thanks SL

Social media is such an easy thing to do. I know sometimes the person on the end doesn't know the answer. But you acknowledge the query with a holding tweet, say you'll find out and get back them. Just ignoring all reasonable and polite requests is just poor customer service and leaves a bad taste.

I'm guessing the cheaper option is not to run the meeting if as alleged riders hasn't been paid and they will lose there bond that has to be placed with the BSPA so why would they want to run the meeting? My fear is Leicester will end up like Newport and after 28 years of no speedway that's the last thing speedway needs

When they started work on the track they had Sam Emelenko lay the track out and give them advise, just a shame that he had to go on holiday back to the U.S.A for a month, for by the time he got back DH had ripped out all the stakes and relaid it just as he wanted it in the first place. Sam walked away and can't blame him.

There where plenty of riders or ex riders and promoters that could have been ask for advise, but when you know every thing there is to know about any subject, then why listen to the stupid people who know far less than he did.

Don't know what the folks that put all the ffort in of getting things up and running in the city are thinking now, what I would think that they have some very unpleasant words to say. They dreamed a dream and it came true, now one man has ruined it all just through shear bloody mindness.

Lets hope that things happen in the closed season and that we hear some good news about what is going to happen for 2017. I for one would even go to watch the National League teams racing there, than to lose it all yet again, for if it doe's fold, then I think we will be saying goodbye to speedway in Leicester evr again. Hope it doesn't happen and thing all come to a satisfactory fairy tale ending.

For at this moment in time it reads more like a horror story.

Thanks SL

They replied very swiftly to me when I added a tongue in cheek comment about Pedersen and the ELRC prog so I've taken the liberty of asking in that convo. Doubt I will get reply but worth a shot, added you in just in case they did.

Well I can make the 22nd so I'll give them a break (for now).....

I can't see things changing ...