British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Coventry Bees 20/7/16 Elite B

Thats great news. Shame he couldn't have ridden last night because that would have been enough to cover for Andersen's effort.

Newman would propably only of had 3 rides !! Bees missed Woryna more than poole missed newman !!

• Like 1

Newman would propably only of had 3 rides !! Bees missed Woryna more than poole missed newman !!

Which is pretty ironic considering you all want him sacked!!

Which is pretty ironic considering you all want him sacked!!

Woryna would have scored more than the 0 his replacement did.

However we have points available for another heat leader if he was replaced, making King a 2nd string so surely that most fans would want the same if their club was in that position.

Josh Bates injured his knee in his heat 14 fall on Friday. He pulled out of his guest booking for Leicester Sat and isn't riding in his Sheffield meeting today. He's also a big doubt for Wednesday's meeting.

Huge blow for Coventry with the way he's been riding. No suitable replacement if needed.

Sarjeant is also a doubt.

Edited by mdmc82

Josh Bates injured his knee in his heat 14 fall on Friday. He pulled out of his guest booking for Leicester Sat and isn't riding in his Sheffield meeting today. He's also a big doubt for Wednesday's meeting.

Huge blow for Coventry with the way he's been riding. No suitable replacement if needed.

Sarjeant is also a doubt.

Huge blow losing Bates? Where is he going to score? Coventry fans over hyping the youngster. Made two gates and then Ellis had him easily, proving why Ellis should be reserve for the scw (think its nailed on now judging by comments in SS)

If Bates gates he can be quick but what I have seen from him if he misses the start is that he is clueless on passing.

Poole going to get quick revenge for a laclustre performance on Friday.

Huge blow losing Bates? Where is he going to score? Coventry fans over hyping the youngster. Made two gates and then Ellis had him easily, proving why Ellis should be reserve for the scw (think its nailed on now judging by comments in SS)

If Bates gates he can be quick but what I have seen from him if he misses the start is that he is clueless on passing.

You have watched one meeting. Those of us who watch him for Coventry & Sheffield each week know he is also capable of passing. You must not have watched the u21 champs either. However on a gate & go track like Poole that wouldn't be a problem.

When you look at replacement options for him, we would definitely miss him.

As for the SWC I don't think it's going to matter which is at reserve as neither are ready. They will just be there to make up the numbers if needed.

Edited by mdmc82

Over hyping the 2 time British U21 champion and currently 4th place in the World U21 championship? We can't have that now can we.

Starkes better than bates

Starke is currently better than most of the fast track riders including Bates, Newman, Ellis and Howarth.

The lads come on lots since joining Leicester.

Over hyping the 2 time British U21 champion and currently 4th place in the World U21 championship? We can't have that now can we.

Exactly. Can Steve please remind me what Ellis has won this year. Isn't he riding NL?

Yes he beat Bates in 1 race on Friday but other than that he only beat Roynon & Bellego all night. Hardly World Cup competition.

While Bates beat Holder, Andersen, Kurtz & Pedersen.

Both are good riders on their day & both can also have poor meetings.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Starke is currently better than most of the fast track riders including Bates, Newman, Ellis and Howarth.

The lads come on lots since joining Leicester.

Exactly. Can Steve please remind me what Ellis has won this year. Isn't he riding NL?

Yes he beat Bates in 1 race on Friday but other than that he only beat Roynon & Bellego all night. Hardly World Cup competition.

While Bates beat Holder, Andersen, Kurtz & Pedersen.

Both are good riders on their day & both can also have poor meetings.

That's on Bates' home track though. If you are going to compare them then you have to wait and see what Coventry riders Ellis beats on Weds.

That's on Bates' home track though. If you are going to compare them then you have to wait and see what Coventry riders Ellis beats on Weds.

They raced each other on neutral track in the U21 championship.

Also Ellis has rode our track lots last year in EL & NL.

My original point to Steve was that if Bates does have to miss Wed and we have to use riders down the draft like Clegg, Mear, Morris in the top 2 then that weakens us. That's a fact

Edited by mdmc82

They raced each other on neutral track in the U21 championship.

Also Ellis has rode our track lots last year in EL & NL.

My original point to Steve was that if Bates does have to miss Wed and we have to use riders down the draft like Clegg, Mear, Morris in the top 2 then that weakens us. That's a fact

Yes, I get that. But you were listing riders who Ellis and Bates beat on Friday. Well of course Bates will do better, it's his home track!

It's your opinion not a fact. Will not be a fact til we see what the replacement scores on Weds.

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

A bit like heat 6 when he put a 5-1 over Andersen and Holder, both of them clueless on passing!

• Like 2

Get over yourself Steve change the record young Bates has done well he is improving.He has a better record in individual meetings this year U21s and past years under pressure than Ellis yet you still knock him.Ellis, Newman when judging riders you need to be IMPARTIAL and you seriously are not.
  • Like 1