British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Coventry Bees 20/7/16 Elite B

Thats great news. Shame he couldn't have ridden last night because that would have been enough to cover for Andersen's effort.

some effort that was...either hes aiming to be a reserve and get the glory like B.P

or he wants to join davey watt

might have been better result with matt fords recent 2 man team

Edited by capone
  • Like 1

A bit like heat 6 when he put a 5-1 over Andersen and Holder, both of them clueless on passing!

they couldnt get anywhere near him he was gone into the distance, at least when ellis beat bates , bates kept him honest

they couldnt get anywhere near him he was gone into the distance, at least when ellis beat bates , bates kept him honest

Very true. Bates also had some if not the fastest times of the night. He was flying in the main body.

He was also very good at King's Lynn on our recent trip which is why he's a big miss at reserve.

He's already done a lot better than I thought he would this year. Such a shame he keeps getting held back with injuries.

Edited by mdmc82

Bates is no doubt a good young improving rider and looks faat when he gates but i have seen him many times and he doesnt pass much, he rides fast enough to keep the rider ahead of him honest but rarely passes.

Bates is no doubt a good young improving rider and looks faat when he gates but i have seen him many times and he doesnt pass much, he rides fast enough to keep the rider ahead of him honest but rarely passes.

Very true. Certainly can be quick when he leads. At Coventry go high and wide and hardly anyone can pass, with the exception of perhaps KK and Harris. Bates has learnt this line and thats why he won those heats. Lets see what he does at Poole on Wednesday.

And to be fair Inwant all young Brits to do well. We need these youngsters as they are the future of Team GB.

• Like 2

Neither Ellis nor bates are likely to do any overtaking in the swc final. I think you go with whoever is most likely to get out of the gate sharply, on current for I'd say that's Bates. But reality is neither (hopefully) will need to ride in the final.

Neither Ellis nor bates are likely to do any overtaking in the swc final. I think you go with whoever is most likely to get out of the gate sharply, on current for I'd say that's Bates. But reality is neither (hopefully) will need to ride in the final.

You mean you don't think Ellis is good enough to overtake the likes of Zmazlik, Dudek, Iversen, Emil and the Lagutas? Yikkes! :D TBF I can't see Bates or Ellis, even with a flyer that the referee misses holding off riders of SWC final standard just yet. I stand by what I said weeks ago, both should be there, i the pits, regardless of which one gets to wear a set of kevlars.

You mean you don't think Ellis is good enough to overtake the likes of Zmazlik, Dudek, Iversen, Emil and the Lagutas? Yikkes! :D TBF I can't see Bates or Ellis, even with a flyer that the referee misses holding off riders of SWC final standard just yet. I stand by what I said weeks ago, both should be there, i the pits, regardless of which one gets to wear a set of kevlars.

Agree with that. Would be good for them to be there.

• Like 1

Any of you Coventry fans coming down for this. Going to be a lovely day, you can go down the Quay have a drink and eat, and soak up the best area in the country. Be the last chance you'l have this season.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Will Woryna be back for this or has Barker taken his place?

Thought Barker is in for Garrity?
  • Like 1

Thought Barker is in for Garrity?

He is and I guess Barker and Woryna will ride Wednesday.

Will Woryna be back for this or has Barker taken his place?

Barker is in place for Garrity. Woryna should be back. It's Bates & Sarjeant that are doubts due to injury