British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue 21.7.16

5 from 3 being classed as good in that EL?? Maybe in Poland , but riders like Nicholls should really be banging in 10-13 pts a meeting in such a watered down league

how do you get 10-13 from three rides?

5 from 3 being classed as good in that EL?? Maybe in Poland , but riders like Nicholls should really be banging in 10-13 pts a meeting in such a watered down league

Nicholls now is a 6.80 rider to 7.00 point rider where do these 10/13 points come from?
  • Like 1

Lol!

Nobody said it was good did they?

How do you score 10-13 points from 3 rides without riding in a crap team?

Meant over 5 rides. My error.

And it was said it should give Rosco a nudge, him and Cook scoring 5 from 3? Why would it give him a nudge? Maybe 7 or 8 from 3 would but 5?

Thats a 6.66 average by the way. Hardly impressive.

Or maybe it would of given rosco a nudge in the other direction and not to include them, is that what was meant!

• Like 1

Just going by the updates but why an interval if raining or threat of rain? yet again a meeting cut short and perhaps without an interval a few more heats???

The Ref was shocking, delayed the tapes so long there were a lot of re-runs,made the meeting take much longer and IMO spoiled the meeting together with the real winner "The rain".

• Like 2

Meant over 5 rides. My error.

And it was said it should give Rosco a nudge, him and Cook scoring 5 from 3? Why would it give him a nudge? Maybe 7 or 8 from 3 would but 5?

Thats a 6.66 average by the way. Hardly impressive.

Or maybe it would of given rosco a nudge in the other direction and not to include them, is that what was meant!

I wouldn't claim 5 from 3 is brilliant but it's a decent score from a second and third heat leader away from home with the current race format where heat leaders race each other. Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Rosco set to name his team this weekend. I'd guess Woffinden, King, Cook, Lambert and Ellis.

The Ref was shocking, delayed the tapes so long there were a lot of re-runs,made the meeting take much longer and IMO spoiled the meeting together with the real winner "The rain".

I can't remember many meetings that I've enjoyed when Ronnie Allen was refereeing a Robins meeting. Didn't Rosco & him have a big bust up a few seasons ago. He called Doylie back in 1 heat when you could clearly see the tapes move before the rider did. It didn't matter in the end because he went on to win the heat. Steve Worral was disqualified for breaking the tapes I heat 1 but I thought the heat 10 interval was going to come before he released the tapes. Ridiculous man, I tend to think that the night is over when I see his name on the programme.

• Like 2

Rosco set to name his team this weekend. I'd guess Woffinden, King, Cook, Lambert and Ellis.

I think they are the ones he will pick.

I wouldn't claim 5 from 3 is brilliant but it's a decent score from a second and third heat leader away from home with the current race format where heat leaders race each other.

It is interesting how we seem to have a perception of a 'watered down' league yet the top riders averages are dropping year on year through at least two heat leaders often racing against their opposite numbers three times a night

Take the EDR's out of the equation and I would say that most teams' 'one to five' actually delivers a reasonably strong league..

Maybe the Danish League model would be best for the EL?

I do believe Rosco has a big issue and decision to make regarding the 4th pick (does the reserve matter as whoever gets picked isn't a Kurtz or Peasoup) and that is whether he bows to public pressure and includes a Belle Vue rider and then what Ace as after dismissing Scott from the equation do you go for Cook or S.Worrall?.

If he just goes with his own heart he would certainly go for neither and pick Harris but imagine the reaction?! King seems to be saving his best form for latter parts of meetings (as per normal) when the dirt moves out so may need to be patient early doors but that ability alone and in winning the BF should cement his place and my overall feeling is the same side as SteveO has stated although i do have a slight mistrust in Cook and Stevie does seem a little more consistent , as for the initial feeling and leaving one or two decisions as late as seeing them in practice always seemed a bit pointless to me as everyone looks more or less the same as all they are doing is going around and around.

So Woffenden Lambert King Cook , reserve not really bothered

Team confirmed - wish it was so easy to pick the winning lottery numbers!

• Like 1

A friend of mine describes Ronnie Allen as a weak referee who is inconsistent in his decisions

• Like 3