British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue 21.7.16

Belle Vue visit this evening and hopefully we will have a different outcome to monday at Wolves and last night at Kings Lynn.

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2724

The Robins should be able to get back to our winning ways and I hope they have watered the track well or it will be a dust bowl.

Edited by A ORLOV

Belle Vue visit this evening and hopefully we will have a different outcome to monday at Wolves and last night at Kings Lynn.

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.2724

The Robins should be able to get back to our winning ways and I hope they have watered the track well or it will be a dust bowl.

I think this could be an away win the Aces have a solid team if a A1 Zagar turns up we could be in big trouble and believe it or not we will really miss Stefan at reserve. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

I think it depends whether we are going to suffer the backlash from the heavy defeat at Wolves. It looked as if Swindon had their gating boots on for the few races at the debacle at King's Lynn last night.

On form this could be close with Aces to pick up at least a point. Zagar has ridden well recently, Steve Worrall is doing well as a second string, Fricke had a blip in his last home meeting but has been riding well everywhere and Cook has a point to prove to Rosco. Much will depend on how Scott and Richie W do, they've both struggled a bit recently.

Edited by Aces51

As a Stars fan, will be looking for this to be an away win & suck Swindon back into top 4 trouble with then after tonight just 3 home fixtures remaining.

Wolverhampton, Belle Vue & Poole look certs for top 4 now. 4th looks a tight one between Swindon, Lakeside & King's Lynn

I know Belle Vue won at Blunsdon earlier in the season but I don't think they will repeat that this time round and will go back to Manchester without a point to show for their efforts and Swindon gaining 3 valuable EL points.

Easy swindon win. 51-39

Can see the aces nicking a point.

48-42

• Like 1

I know Belle Vue won at Blunsdon earlier in the season but I don't think they will repeat that this time round and will go back to Manchester without a point to show for their efforts and Swindon gaining 3 valuable EL points.

Not this season, we have won both meetings so far against the aces.

• Like 1

Not this season, we have won both meetings so far against the aces.

Wow - was it last year? Time moves too quickly nowadays :wink:

There is no thread about Lakeside - Swindon, tomorrow yet but a quick note.

Swindon have R/R for Rohan then guests of B Pedersen, Stuart Robson and Rob Brandford for Josh, Charles and Stefan.

Edited by A ORLOV

There is no thread about Lakeside - Swindon, tomorrow yet but a quick note.

Swindon have R/R for Rohan then guests of B Pedersen, Stuart Robson and Rob Brandford for Josh, Charles and Stefan.

Great guest choices in ex Hammers Pedersen & Robbo.

How can Robson guest for Charles Wright though when he's not on the draft list and already has an EL average? He wasn't allowed to guest for Newman.

• Like 1

A win is desperately needed tonight as i think it's between us and Lakeside for that final top 4 spot as Wolves Aces and Poole will occupy top 3, tomorrow night is a defeat for sure so that would put Hammers level with us if we lose tonight with a match in hand? Maybe i'm overthinking it but nonetheless tonight is a must win more for us than Belle Vue but the loss of Stefan is a big blow much more relevant than it would had been earlier in the season especially with Wrighty not overly consistent but really not sure about Branford tonight , tomorrow not so bothered as Lakeside will muller us with another select side going there, clearly Jon Cook doesnt really care much about the quality of the opposition

A win is desperately needed tonight as i think it's between us and Lakeside for that final top 4 spot as Wolves Aces and Poole will occupy top 3, tomorrow night is a defeat for sure so that would put Hammers level with us if we lose tonight with a match in hand? Maybe i'm overthinking it but nonetheless tonight is a must win more for us than Belle Vue but the loss of Stefan is a big blow much more relevant than it would had been earlier in the season especially with Wrighty not overly consistent but really not sure about Branford tonight , tomorrow not so bothered as Lakeside will muller us with another select side going there, clearly Jon Cook doesnt really care much about the quality of the opposition

Let's hope we do a Poole and win with our select side!

• Like 3

Rain rain rain. This developed late in the day