British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woz01

Coventry V Belle Vue 22/07/2016

Don't agree, Bomber at the new Belle Vue has struggled, he couldn't pass PL riders at the British final and Danny King was brilliant, also his Cardiff performance and recent Ipswich and Coventry form should earn him a place.

Tai

Cook

Lambert

King

Thing is I'd bet on Bomber to beat the top riders over King and Cook. If his set up is right he's a big asset to have in the side (heat 15 last night for example) but if it isn't he could be a sitting duck.

• Like 2

Would pick Bomber over King.

King only any good from gate 4 and you know Bomber can always reel someone in and make a pass.

GREAT BRITAIN:

Tai Woffinden ©

Danny King

Robert Lambert

Craig Cook

Adam Ellis (Res)

Steve Worrall (stand-by)

#MonsterEnergySWC

No bomber then

Would pick Bomber over King.

King only any good from gate 4 and you know Bomber can always reel someone in and make a pass.

GREAT BRITAIN:

Tai Woffinden ©

Danny King

Robert Lambert

Craig Cook

Adam Ellis (Res)

Steve Worrall (stand-by)

#MonsterEnergySWC

No bomber then

Didn't King win races off the other gates at Belle Vue? He can't have got the title by being on gate 4 all night

Cook is my worry as if he doesn't gate then he's not good at all. Not a good racer and struggles against the big boys. That said Harris isn't good at Belle Vue. Nicholls really out of form.

Let's hope King, Tai & Lambert can dial in quick and get us on the podium.

Edited by mdmc82

Not confident at all ,squad looks about right but still think we will be last.

• Like 1

Not confident at all ,squad looks about right but still think we will be last.

I don't think there's any doubt, though I would love to be proved wrong.

Will we then get page upon page demanding Rosco's head like the wolf pack went after Middlo?

I don't think there's any doubt, though I would love to be proved wrong.

Will we then get page upon page demanding Rosco's head like the wolf pack went after Middlo?

No because Rosco hasn't included the likes of Kennett, Barker or Bridger 🙈

• Like 1

King won the BF because the wet track made the best racing line out wide and King had the courage and skill to use it. Similarly at Cardiff he did nothing until the outside line developed. I suspect that the weather next week is not going to be wet and therefore not provide the conditions he needs to do well. I hope I am wrong and he does well. As for Cook it is a myth that he is not a racer. I have seen him chase and pass riders so many times. However, he has not yet ridden at his best this year but is still the right choice at the NSS. Some think Steve Worrall might have been a better choice. He has made fantastic progress, which he showed again last night but you cannot compare his scores as a second string to Cook riding as a heat leader.

• Like 1

Bates and Harris were informed before last night's meeting that they weren't in the TEAM GB 1-5. Maybe that affected their performances worse than Nicholls and Worrall.

No because Rosco hasn't included the likes of Kennett, Barker or Bridger

No that was Mick Hortons team

• Like 1

The british final was a complete bog,like or dislike bomber on a track with lines and grip hes in the top 4

• Like 3

Bates and Harris were informed before last night's meeting that they weren't in the TEAM GB 1-5. Maybe that affected their performances worse than Nicholls and Worrall.

Harris looked like his head was down from the start and wasn't his usual self. We were talking in the stands saying we thought it looked like he wasn't in after Rosco informed rider that morning. Bates didn't look any different to watch.

Worrall is on standby so shouldn't really affect him.

It is good to see a fast draft rider involved. Yes it's on his home track but he's riding well away as well. Credit to Mark Lemon and Newcastle as he's really progressed this year. It was a great move for him leaving Swindon and joining The Aces

No that was Mick Hortons team

Don't remind me 🙈 Still stuck watching one of them now

I don't get all this we have no home track advantage etc etc.

We have only lost 1 home match and that was the very first match where that could be expected I suppose.

Edited by Phil The Ace