British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside V Swindon - 22 July

1pm WEATHER CHECK:

Here less than three miles from the track (2,9 to be precise!) on the Kent side, where i could see the Dartford Bridge in the gap between the two houses opposite but for the trees at the bottom of their gardens it's currently fine, bright and sunny. Very little mizzle circa 7.30am, stopped by 8am and NO rain since NOR any forecasted by the Met Office. Same goes for Rainham in Essex (3.1 miles from circuit) which is their second closest point to the track and their hour-by-hour forecast for there shows token 5% chance of rain which may increase to 10% later. Looks like all systems go but will update here if anything changes and/or soon after 3pm before we leave for the track circa 3.30pm. There, from time I arrive as well as other tasks I will answer all the "Is the meeting on cos it's chucking it down here were I am in the Shetlands (or wherever!)." calls and when I say "yes it is," please don't say, "are you sure?" as is normal in such circumstances! ONLY JOKING BUT it does happen! :lol: Cheers, Bryn. (will do update from track office once we get there if feasible).

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 2

I highly recommend using netweather radar, the site updates itself every five minutes and shows a true picture of any current weather around, you can use It to work out the direction of any storm and how fast its travelling and what sort of rainfall is being experienced within that storm in mm, probably the best way of "risk assessing" whether to make a journey or not, after all you can have 100 people telling you its dry at 5pm but it all means nout if there is a huge band raining about to hit area within the next couple of hours.

• Like 2

Didn't lanham ride for Bates earlier in the season.

Yes as Bates has a higher EL average than Stefan

Its Danny Ayres. Calm down everyone.

If true then it looks like they were denied the change which makes sense looking at Lanhams EL average.

Danny Ayres is in great form so good news for Swindon.

Pedersen, Robson & Ayres good choices at Lakeside

But Lanham has a higher EL average than Stefan

Re-read the reg and you'll see that Lanham has a lower PL average than Nielsen and EL averges are irrelevant.

Yes as Bates has a higher EL average than Stefan

If true then it looks like they were denied the change which makes sense looking at Lanhams EL average.

Danny Ayres is in great form so good news for Swindon.

Pedersen, Robson & Ayres good choices at Lakeside

So Swindon have Pedersen a reserve at Ppole riding as a heat leader, Robson who I think is a good guest & Ayres who will probably score 0 & they're good guests??

• Like 1

1pm WEATHER CHECK:

Here less than three miles from the track (2,9 to be precise!) on the Kent side, where i could see the Dartford Bridge in the gap between the two houses opposite but for the trees at the bottom of their gardens it's currently fine, bright and sunny. Very little mizzle circa 7.30am, stopped by 8am and NO rain since NOR any forecasted by the Met Office. Same goes for Rainham in Essex (3.1 miles from circuit) which is their second closest point to the track and their hour-by-hour forecast for there shows token 5% chance of rain which may increase to 10% later. Looks like all systems go but will update here if anything changes and/or soon after 3pm before we leave for the track circa 3.30pm. There, from time I arrive as well as other tasks I will answer all the "Is the meeting on cos it's chucking it down here were I am in the Shetlands (or wherever!)." calls and when I say "yes it is," please don't say, "are you sure?" as is normal in such circumstances! ONLY JOKING BUT it does happen! :lol: Cheers, Bryn. (will do update from track office once we get there if feasible).

Ever thought of getting a job with the Met Office Bryn?!

15.30 WEATHER UPDATE:

No change really, no rain, warm & humid with some high cloud and patches of blue sky. Leaving for the track as soon as tonight's incident recorder collects me en route. Next update from the track.

17.30 WEATHER UPDATE:

​I am now at the track and the weather is the same here as it was at home. Meeting is ON with juniors on track prior to parade at 7.45pm and first EL race against the Swindon Robins at 8pm.

At 18.15 the sun is shining brightly so don't forget your shades ;) and Kent fans it's confimed that Danny Ayres rides for Swindon.

I'm not up to speed like I used to be on the programme since the format was changed but surely Ayres doesn't have to have 5 rides? I was expecting him to have 3.

I'm not up to speed like I used to be on the programme since the format was changed but surely Ayres doesn't have to have 5 rides? I was expecting him to have 3.

He does if Rosco is manager!!

Hard no doubt especially with R/R but Robbo better have 7 rides as he's keeping us in the meeting.

• Like 2

Well done Lakeside & Well done to Jason, Nick & Robbo for keeping them honest.

The first time Rosco has picked a decent guest for a long time but how a 39 year old can ride as a draft rider is daft.

3 meetings this week for The Robins & 0 points.

Here endeth the dreadful week for the Robins.

Surely they can't bounce back from this can they?

Standard home win for the Hammers.