British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside V Swindon - 22 July

The Robins tracking three guests (Bjarne Pedersen, Stuart Robson and Robert Brandford) and R/R - another scintillating meeting coming up!

The Robins tracking three guests (Bjarne Pedersen, Stuart Robson and Robert Brandford) and R/R - another scintillating meeting coming up!

good god... :o can't see any Robins fans making the journey tomorrow...

utter, complete shambles. I think that sums up tomorrow nights match.

• Like 1

Whats the Hammers line up ?

To be fair Bjarne & Robson have been decent at Lakeside in the past but Branford is not good enough.

What a joke that you go weeks without a fixture though & then have a meeting with 3 Robins available.

• Like 1

Whats the Hammers line up ?

Full squad. AJ, Kennet, Lawson, Bridger, Nilsson, Mear, Kerr.

What a joke that you go weeks without a fixture though & then have a meeting with 3 Robins available.

TBF, it is the result of rain offs, home and away. The Lakeside v Swnidon A fixture was rained off and iis now on in September,, but there are apparently no other available dates when Swindon can put out a full squad . Hence Lakeside had to go to Swindon on a re-arranged fixture without AJ and Kim after the original one was rained off and Swindon come to Lakeside with 3 riders already booked at Sommerset.

Not satisfactory but will always occur while the domestic league plays second fiddle to the continental season.

Does that mean Bjarne will ride at reserve? After the Poole result I am not taking anything for granted.

Does that mean Bjarne will ride at reserve? After the Poole result I am not taking anything for granted.

Judging by the Lakeside website it looks like he is riding at No5. but not totalling sure.

Looks like Robbo will be at reserve but I can't see what rule allows him to ride as an EDR reserve. Can anyone clarify ?

• Like 1

Judging by the Lakeside website it looks like he is riding at No5. but not totalling sure.

Looks like Robbo will be at reserve but I can't see what rule allows him to ride as an EDR reserve. Can anyone clarify ?

The ruling was amended after the 2016 regs. were published as follows.

Tier 1 EDRs who are missing can be replaced by any rider on the EDR List that is below them or any PL British Rider that has a lower PL Average than the missing rider,apart from any PL rider that is declared in an EL 1-5

Edited by tocha

On paper the Robins look stronger than the Poole team that visited recently, I still think we are strong favourites to win but nothing can be taken for granted, looking forward to at least some good races involving Jason Doyle, amazing to think how he has developed when at one point I thought he was just always likely to be a rather erratic reserve/second string.

Justin and Robbo are also popular around Lakeside so they will get a good reception, Bjarne is the wild card, he must surely be looking to prove a point tonight? Riding in a heat leader slot too, which is what he would have been for us originally.

I've just looked at the preview on Swindon's website and was amazed that RR has been allocated to Tungate meaning only Morris and reserves can take his rides. Surely it would have made more sense to have RR for Grajczonek and Bjarne as the guest for Tungate. However, the ruling on this is a little obscure:

17.6 FACILITIES

a Absent Rider (1-3) G or ARR

b Absent Rider (4 or 5) ARR only

c Absent Riders (both 4 and 5) ARR and G

d Absent #6 (if an EDR) G (EDR* only)

e Absent #6 (if not an EDR) G f) Absent #7 G (EDR* only)

g “No Facility” for Absent 1-5 PL G (PL MA of 6.00 or less)

This seems to imply that you are forced to use a guest for a missing 1-3 if just one 4-5 is absent.

Edited by tocha
  • Like 1

Was going to attend this meeting but I see the forecast is predicting slow moving thundery showers in the Thurrock area for today and having been caught out the last time they tried to run this fixture ( a downpour flooded the track late afternoon) I'm thinking about giving it a miss unless somebody local has a more accurate forecast?

Would be grateful if any Hammers fans could provide a local weather check.

The ruling was amended after the 2016 regs. were published as follows.

Tier 1 EDRs who are missing can be replaced by any rider on the EDR List that is below them or any PL British Rider that has a lower PL Average than the missing rider,apart from any PL rider that is declared in an EL 1-5

Robbo was stopped from riding before by a MC decision that he was ineligble due to having a 2015 EL average. They appear to have changed their minds on that point.

Was going to attend this meeting but I see the forecast is predicting slow moving thundery showers in the Thurrock area for today and having been caught out the last time they tried to run this fixture ( a downpour flooded the track late afternoon) I'm thinking about giving it a miss unless somebody local has a more accurate forecast?

Would be grateful if any Hammers fans could provide a local weather check.

Hi Gresham, Bryn from Just south of the Thames normally reports weather conditions from home and then the track when he gets there so just keep checking this thread.

Edited by A ORLOV

Hi Gresham, Bryn from Just south of the Thames normally reports weather conditions from home and then the track when he gets there after lunch so just keep checking this thread.

Thanks very much Orlov :t: - after getting caught up in the Kings Lynn fiasco the other night I'm understandably cautious about going along today...!