British Speedway Forum

Using scbs converted averages: king, garritty, fricke,buzz, joonas, bates,Schlein (also tm).

Think some teams may struggle to attract a genuine number one this season.

• Like 2

Will Coventry be back at Brandon next season ?

Will there be an Elite League ?

Will they look at moving down ?

Get those three questions answered and along with waiting to see which riders will ride here if Poland have their way and then start looking at who will be in the team but it's going to be hard to attract riders if they are concerned about being paid.

I wouldn't be sure if any rider from 2016 is owed money from riders actions. KK wouldn't have ridden a night before a GP and Woryna wouldn't have rode the night before the SEC if we owed them money. Woryna wants to be back next season. Of course we will be riding, Coventry Speedway now own the lease for the stadium

Using scbs converted averages: king, garritty, fricke,buzz, joonas, bates,Schlein (also tm).

Think some teams may struggle to attract a genuine number one this season.

Personally I think a more solid 1-7 is the way we will go. Edited by woz01

Personally I think a more solid 1-7 is the way we will go.

It depends on the race format. Using the current format you need two(ideally 3) heat leaders but using the old format it's not quite so important. That said I've always been an advocate of sign a good top 2, a good reserve and then fill the gaps. Those 3 guys ride 15 (maybe more) of your 30 heats, get them right as they ride more heats than anyone else!

Just a heads up that we have Danny King as our next guest at the NSSC on Thursday night.

'On Thursday 20th October at 8pm we welcome Coventry Bees and Ipswich Witches star

Danny King to the NSSC.

Danny is always a fantastic guest, so we hope to see you there!

Venue: Brandon Club, Main Street, CV8 3HW'

Everybody welcome, non members £3 entry. All proceeds are donated to Neil Vatcher and the Young Lions.

We also have some great guests coming up;

3rd Nov. James Sarjeant, Josh Bates & Jason Garrity

17th Nov. Phil Morris

1st Dec. 'Question Time' - confirmed panel members include; Rory Schlein, Graham Drury, Steve Brandon & Tony Steele. Hosted by Dave Rowe

14th Jan. Young Lions Presentation/Awards night

• Like 2

It depends on the race format. Using the current format you need two(ideally 3) heat leaders but using the old format it's not quite so important. That said I've always been an advocate of sign a good top 2, a good reserve and then fill the gaps. Those 3 guys ride 15 (maybe more) of your 30 heats, get them right as they ride more heats than anyone else!

A strong reserve is key and I hope the promotion realise that for 2017 whichever format they decide.

Does anyone actually know the date of the AGM seems a bit hush hush at the moment.

• Like 2

A strong reserve is key and I hope the promotion realise that for 2017 whichever format they decide.

Does anyone actually know the date of the AGM seems a bit hush hush at the moment.

It's taking place in Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, at the 'start' of November. Whatever that exactly means.

Well it's usually a weekend isn't it? So I guess 4th-6th November.

Could be fireworks then.

• Like 5

Could be fireworks then.

There's certainly a few people likely to be involved who could do with a rocket up the arse.

• Like 1

Its different this year. Its Tues 1st to Thursday 3rd November as far as I've been told.

And its at the National Speedway Museum, Paradise Wildlife Park in Broxbourne, Herts.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Will the promoters be getting their claws into each other !!

Will any of them get thrown to the lions ?

Any rumours of a new team manager. Surely we'll need someone in place before team building begins, not that I doubt Horton takes anyone else's opinions on board!!

• Like 1