British Speedway Forum

Any team signing Chris Holder will know it is merely an average reduction exercise so he can fit into Poole's team building plans for next year.

simple solution, offer him £300 a point with no start or appearance money, no score equals no pay,

simple solution, offer him £300 a point with no start or appearance money, no score equals no pay,

But someone else might "sponsor" him so he does not go short.

In that case I hope he signs for Coventry :D

They would be the last club he would sign for..

They would be the last club he would sign for..

Hi your on here now you told me to come to this thread didn't know you would follow me
  • Like 4

Hi your on here now you told me to come to this thread didn't know you would follow me

Only Starman would tell a poster to go and post on his own thread and then do exactly the same thing.

priceless. :rofl:

• Like 5

At this stage AJ has no intention of riding in the UK next year.

AJ will be the No.1 at Coventry next season.

Dear god I hope so!

good idea thats how it was years ago

At this stage AJ has no intention of riding in the UK next year.

That was my understanding but would be great if he would be at Brandon for 2017.

With the quality (or lack thereof) of the "SGB Premiership" we can only expect riders in our league that:

1) Were half decent 10 years ago

2) Are desperate for a pay cheque

3) Are completely inexperienced

Any foreign riders serious about progressing their career or competing in the Grand Prix's will have no interest in competing in a league that does not offer them any useful experience or competition. Even Matt Ford's bank account won't attract these riders over.

That was my understanding but would be great if he would be at Brandon for 2017.

It would. Still time to change his mind.

• Like 1

Sign Holder and you know straight for the off you have wasted at least half a point even if he has the perfect season. At least if you sign Fricke, King, Garrity etc while it would be difficult for them to maintain their average it's not impossible.

That is why the top riders averages should have been capped at 12. 13.70 makes no sense and is the worst thing to come out of the AGM that was reasonably positive.

Danny King is riding for Kings Lynn next season I read somewhere and I maybe wrong but I cannot see Fricke and Garrity increasing or even maintaining there average in my opinion.

Sign Holder and you know straight for the off you have wasted at least half a point even if he has the perfect season. At least if you sign Fricke, King, Garrity etc while it would be difficult for them to maintain their average it's not impossible.

Not often I disagree with you on statistical topics, buy I do on this occasion. The basis for analysis should surely be the most likely outcome, not the best possible.

I think by far the best measure of this is using your own weighted averages ftom 2016 and comparing to the averaged used for team building purposes.

Using this approach Doyle and Holder look far better value than the likes of Fricke and garritty, with the bonus of having the strongest possible rider to take the extra ride.

That said I can understand poole going with hans at number one, as he also represents good value and will likely allow them a strong 1-6 consisting entirely of riders on attractive averages.

That is why the top riders averages should have been capped at 12. 13.70 makes no sense and is the worst thing to come out of the AGM that was reasonably positive.

In reality what they should have done is used pl average x .85 and EL average x 1.2. Proportionately you'd have ended at the same place, but you could have built to 42/43 (so no need to change limits or convert averages for re declarations) and people wouldn't be getting hung up on these high averages. Reality is that Doyle and holder are still in the top quartile of best value riders, regardless of the fact that they are on unattainable averages. One can also assume the aim of the agm was to reduce costs by making gp stars, who presumably are the highest paid, less appealing.
  • Like 1