British Speedway Forum

Horton hasn't paid the website since April so the webmaster as pulled everything of since the last payment he received.

Speedway gets pettier by the day

Guest wolfhound

Not my territory but as many are asking about the state of Brandon, there is a report in the Coventry Observer -

website: coventryobserver.co.uk/tags/sports/speedway - (with a few images included)

The police are now involved and also an insurance company and until both have completed their investigations into the damage which has been caused, all work to repair the stadium is suspended.

Hopefully everything will be sorted out soon and Coventry can begin preparing for the new season.

What a sorry state of affairs, how can we expect anyone to take the sport seriously.

I dont think anyone really does anymore...

Most go now I would say for the racing only and blank out all the nonsense which goes with the sport (in Britain)....

No-one really (apart from possibly the promoters) regard it as a 'proper professional team sport' anymore, because, as we know, it isnt one...

Hence the sport is down to mainly those eternally loyal '40-70 year old die hards' clinging on to the ever diminshing hope of a better future for their sport. People who, God Bless Them, are willing to put up with 'any old guff' to get their weekly Speedway fix...

Losing Cov would be another body blow, akin to losing Dudley Wood, Plough Lane and Hyde Rd given its stature in the sport..

Here's hoping for some good news post Xmas. Be a shame to lose another 'iconic' track...

And something British Speedway in it parlous state could surely ill afford....

Best wishes to Cov. Lets hope the joint NL team happens...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

Wow!

Not sure that Buildbase will want to have their "Yes We Can" logo on there for too much longer!

I don't see how this stadium would be fit for anything without a tidy sum of money spending on it.

Great shame.

:angry:

Hate to say this but can't see Coventry Bees coming to the tapes in March 2017. It is going to cost someone a considerable amount of money to put right and don't see who will be able/prepared to invest in the sport. It is really sad and hard to look at that video.

Its disgusting what he`s done ! It wouldn`t be so bad but he`s just taken stuff to dump it in a skip.

Edited by dornier
  • Like 2

Its disgusting what he`s done ! It wouldn`t be so bad but he`s just taken stuff to dump it in a skip.

For heavens sake, pull the plug on this mess and put everyone out of their misery.

It is so damned obvious that ultimately this is all about person/s/people trying to empty this stadium asap so it can be officially closed/bulldozed and redeveloped which to me is ultimately what this is all about.

The amount of money to be made by housing or a retail development being put on the site makes anything revolving Speedway pale into insignificance. A few hundred maybe at top 1000 mainly middle aged die hard's plus a few youngsters are nowhere near as important at the megabucks one or some will make out of the redevelopment.

Let's stop living in the dark ages. Complain all you want but running Speedway in what will effectively be a waste dump is not the future. Move on and get a deal done at Leicester and IF.... and when a new stadium is built for Stox then I am sure Speedway would be a welcome addition to the income of the overhead of such a stadium. Again IF it ever happens as I feel this is more about property speculation and redevelopment which is where the real money is in this stupid game of cat and mouse.

It's sad but having personally witnessed the closure of my beloved Hackney Hawks/Kestrels as well as having seen White City for a whole 2 seasons incl winning the league and also West Ham in an ill fated half season, I know full well the sadness of seeing tracks I enjoyed going to close.

Let's all move on. Get the show on the road with Leicester so we retain some credibility for the sport. Can you imagine how depressing it would look on Sky visiting Coventry Speedway. Let's be honest. Who the hell is going to pay big money to put the stadium in a condition fit to stand on let alone race on. For what 1 season at best maybe??

It's sad, its horrible but ultimately that's life. There is still Speedway in the Midlands with Wolves - Hopefully Leicester and also Birmingham so lets embrace what we do have and stop tolerating this unmitigated mess at Coventry which is now an embarrassment to the sport.

I feel for you all Coventry fans but to me its time to be realistic. The clowns involved do not have Speedway's interest at heart or this circus would not have been allowed to continue. There is obviously more involved and for me its all about the money maybe both parties could be making from a redevelopment and possible sweetners being offered to stand aside if the site can be closed and redeveloped sooner rather than later.

I would love to be proved wrong but it doesn't take a genius to view the video and see that it would take major investment to get it back to a sensible investment and no way can I see that happening for what - a season or so ???

• Like 1

dornier, on 20 Dec 2016 - 2:31 PM, said:

And you Bees fans think Horton's the problem ..HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME MR SANDHU !

• Like 1

Very sorry situation. Would be amazed if Coventry pull this together in time for the start of the season. What a selfish and untrustworthy man Sandhu is.

• Like 1