British Speedway Forum

To be fair it's part of the lease agreement to charge the same admission as Leicester.

To be fair Mick's going to get as much as he can through the door before it's game over. 8 meetings takes to the middle of June.

Great offer by the Coventry promotion. £12.50 a meeting is a bargain. Hopefully this will encourage those who are able to get there to take the offer up.

Hopefully we still get to return to Brandon at some point 🙏🏼

• Like 1

I'm doing really well tonight ~ two posts I've written but then changed my mind about sending because there's no point in corresponding with miserable people who will always find something to moan about no matter what happens.

Well done to the Coventry promotion under difficult circumstances and I hope a good number of fans are able to get to Leicester. I've been doing it the opposite way round for over 30 years so it will be nice for me to just drive a few miles up the road for a change.

• Like 2

To be fair Mick's going to get as much as he can through the door

Isn't that what every promoter wants to do?

• Like 2

The difference in price will cover fuel costs for the extra miles.

Good offer though, let's hope if pulls off

I now read all the excitement about season ticket charges beware buying season ticket will it be there at the end of the season. Sadly doubt it before you start praising Horton for his decision last season I didn't renew my2 season tickets. The actual saving at the start of the season was £5 save. By the end of the season supporters with ST were at a loss because of double headers, mixing Storm/Elite league meetings. He cut the concessions and when I took him on at Brandon Club his reply was that despite being the only Speedway club not allowing concessions other clubs would follow, this hasn't happened and in desperation Mr Horton has rescinded his decision. Although being Bees supporter I used to go to Birmingham. when they were in the Elite and it was obvious during those early months they wouldn't see the season out,they didn't!!. I hope this doesn't happen to the Bees but there had tone a solution to the ridiculous situation at Brandon otherwise the well intentioned supporters will wain in addition to those who have decided that they will not travel to Leicester unless there is the slightest chance that Speedway will return to the Coventry/Warwickshire area. There is NO indication that the three warring parties are going to change their stance and even if the Bees finish a season at Leicester what happens after that. Same as now no one knows. Shameful!!!!!

Edited by abbo
  • Like 1

It's so obvious bees aren't going back. They're basically saying we're at Leicester till June, and with our side the season will be over by August anyway.

• Like 2

........abbo........There is NO indication that the three warring parties are going to change their stance and even if the Bees finish a season at Leicester what happens after that. Same as now no one knows. Shameful!!!!!

Of course no-one knows because the owners of the stadium/land want to build houses on it so presumably don't want the Speedway or Stock Cars back. In spite of all the negative comments by the same people on here I'm just glad I've been able to support the Bees since Sandhu took over in 2004 because it could all have ended then. As it is we have had 13 seasons with number 14 coming up and strangely enough I'm really looking forward to it whether it all ends in June, July, August or not.

• Like 1

It's so obvious bees aren't going back. They're basically saying we're at Leicester till June, and with our side the season will be over by August anyway.

And if a certain person doesn't pay an amount of track rental charge up front, Bees ain't going to be running at all! RIP

Exactly what I just posted on Facebook, if it was the other way round and Leicester at Brandon I'd consider it. A few people have said that they are now going to Leicester when they wasn't originally.

Agreed,

Well done to Cov for doing it..

One further add on could be do a 'four for £50'?

The 'eight for' offer would I am sure appeal to loyal Cov fans who see the value in the deal...

The 'four for' deal though might sway some 'casual fans/gone away fans' to dip their toe in the 'Speedway waters' and give the sport a go again for what is, in reality, a bargain price..

(It may also get some Leicester fans shelling out an extra £50 for four more top league meetings, especially if one is Cov v Leicester)!

I've said before on other threads, these 'deals' should be used by more clubs. If not for anything else it brings cash flow in to the business 'up front', which in a sport where you can have one home meeting then a run of away matches I would suggest is vital..

More meetings in the deal, the better the discount..

I have always thought 'Buy one get a second ticket for the same meeting at half price' is also a mechanic that Speedway could benefit from as it drives tangible footfall into the Stadium...

Bigger crowds, more programme sales, more merchandise opportunities, more concession sales, more personal data can get collated, and, as we all know, the bigger the crowd the better the atmosphere, the better the atmosphere the more likely people will be to repeat the experience..

As 'bring a friend' is just about the only marketing tool the BSPA seem to have then make it worthwhile...

Edited by mikebv

Does seem to be at odds with what was claimed last year! No discount last year as OAPs were only getting slightly less than working people, now its suggested OAPs are better off than working people they get a discount :blink:

Suggested by who, Not OAP's that's for sure

If I wasn't so busy in other areas of speedway ,I would be more likely to watch the Bees at Leicester @£10 than I would Brandon @ £18

And if a certain person doesn't pay an amount of track rental charge up front, Bees ain't going to be running at all! RIP

Not messing about again is he?