British Speedway Forum

Jeremy Heaver will be on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire after 6pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbccoventryandwarwickshire

As Sandhu's lackey he will chuck all the crap at Horton.

The damage done really does mean the end of Coventry speedway.. congratulations to Sandhu, finally got his way.

it would cost tens of thousands to put the damage right. Just not worth it. Smashing up seats proves Sandhu's aim was to make sure there was no way back for either sport of speedway or stox. By vandalising the stadium he brings an end to decades of coventry bees.

Guess the only option open now is to move the team to Leicester..

Rumours were around a while ago that Sandhu is actually part of Brandon Estates, the site owners. In effect he sold it to himself. Wonder if there is any truth in it. I didn't believe this but I have to wonder.

Don't think so, as he seemed annoyed that Horton had acquired the lease & locked him out the stadium last October: might be double bluffing tho

I can't do links but the Coventry observer has done a report. Sandhu has had all the seats smashed, why do that if you want to get a deal to continue racing there? Crazy.

To take seats out and smash them is just pure professional vandalism. Whatever grievances there may have been it should never have come to this.

So your current owner is offered pretty much a free ride & isnt signing the deal. To me it's this individual who will take Cov down & not the previous speedway owner.. Isn't this similar to what happened at Boro?

Again, one side I suppose but if the other side won't speak what/who do you believe, like I said earlier it's the fans who suffer!

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

BSPA maintain their usual policy of silence.

To me if Horton is serious he has to make a statement of intent and not some wishy washy comments about having to see what state the stadium is in.

Bottom line is all the basic equipment is gone and not coming back (IMO). Either he agrees he will cough up to put it right. He shouldn't be surprised his other arch villain of the pce has taken his assets and in effect said go to hell.

He should have the ba**s to say he has not got the money to undo what has been done (and as quickly as possible) or inform his intent that he wants/intends to try and do something with whoever over at Leicester. Either that or get out the game and stop playing with fancy words that say nothing as to racing actually taking place at Coventry in 2017 or ever again.

If Horton is a businessman he must have known this was coming and to conveniently be out of the Country on the deadline date re fixtures and fittings etc kind of smells funny to me to have left himself open to such developments.

• Like 3

Disappointed with BBC Coventry and Warwickshire. Jeremy Heaver was providing a detailed and eloquent explanation of the situation until the presenter rudely cut him off to go to the travel and to play a 50 odd year old pop song.

Unbelievable.

• Like 5

I can't believe what I just heard there, so you remove all the fittings (roughly) from a stadium and then announce that you might be prepared to put them back?

So Jeremy Heaver states:

• Sandhu was a major part in Horton getting the lease at a reduced cost of just £50,000 per year
  • Sandhu was an integral part of getting the sponsorship packages agreed for next season
  • Stox have been trying to agree a deal for 16 weeks but Horton keeps changing the position
  • Horton was warned that if a deal isn't agreed with Stox the fixture & fitting will be removed by 30th November
  • These fixture & fittings were set aside to be used as & when a new stadium could be found
  • The running costs of the stadium per year is £300,000 to which Sandhu is prepared to underwrite
  • If a deal can be reached by tonight between the Bees & Stox Sandhu will replace everything at his own cost
  • Like 1

two possible stories:

either they are both (Horton & Sandhu) up to their necks in it and its all been a pantomime to re locate us to Leicester (no Leicester signings yet)

or Horton is inept but Sandhu is a nasty vindictive piece of work.

Little value would have been taken out and it exposes the lie to "promoting the stox"

take your pick

I can't believe what I just heard there, so you remove all the fittings (roughly) from a stadium and then announce that you might be prepared to put them back?

They had no choice to do that. Tomorrow is their last day as lease holders.

If they didn't get their property removed by then Horton gets the lot for free, that isn't right or fair

• Like 2

Comment from Peter Oakes on facebook...

" So depressing to see a place that has so many memories locked in it in this condition. One day I'm sure the truth will come out and what is so sad that people who were warned about what would happen didn't do anything about it when they still had a chance. RIP Brandon"

If they didn't get their property removed by then Horton gets the lot for free, that isn't right or fair

what rip out seats that are worth nothing?

tractors i can understand, the armco yes because its only really stox, but rip out the electrics, irrespective of who is right it just shows how much he really cares about the stadium, ie zero!

• Like 5

Disappointed with BBC Coventry and Warwickshire. Jeremy Heaver was providing a detailed and eloquent explanation of the situation until the presenter rudely cut him off to go to the travel and to play a 50 odd year old pop song.

Unbelievable.

Couldn't believe it!!

I understand that but it's still robbed the fans of their sport (I can't see any way back).