British Speedway Forum

i genuinely believe we are being put in this situation to soften the blow when they bulldoze the stadium. The constant hokey cokey of whether we are riding next season, the fact no official statement was made by the Speedway promotion, and the genuine uneasiness all of us fans are feeling.

I genuinely believe this is being done so the fans are like 'whatever just do it already'. I don't think we're gonna see another meeting at Brandon. It's all very well and good saying they're replacing the features, but all we have are words. I'm sick of the constant lies from all parties.

Either put us out of our misery, or sort your petty arguments out once and for all. Cannot believe the reputation of Coventry Bees has sunk this low.

But Steve he has stated that he will make good everything that has been taken out plus he will pay the running costs of the stadium .this leads me to believe that Horton playing games somewhere along the line and keeping quiet?

I really don't think my Brandon Estates getting the police involved has anything to do with Horton. The electrics at the stadium had to be made safe as it was in a right state. Not sure who hired the elctricians but I guess Brandon Estates would've been liable had a trespasser got injured from the site being unsafe for whatever reason.

Edited by woz01

Why won't Horton just make a fkn statement

Maybe because he's been legally advised not too...

• Like 3

lets be clear here, many people dont like Horton, but he is not the one who has trashed the stadium .

For sandhu to stand up and says he "loves speedway & Stox" but then completely strip the venue is showing his true colours

Even IF sandhu is correct in that those things were his assets, the damage caused in removing them is the issue that i suspect has gone to the police.

but please no more of this lets sandhu run the speedway.

sandhu sold the stadium to brandon estates (many are still of the opinion he sold it to himself) for whatever reason they only wanted one lease holder and chose the speedway (if sandhu is so great why ddnt they choose him?)

The Stox then had to agree a sub lease with the speedway, ie sandhu and Horton, this couldn't be agreed (again who really knows why or cares), sandhu then strips out his assets but in the process damages the stadium ie brandon estates assets.

so yes it is a police issue,

• Like 4

Maybe Sandhu is waiting until the stocks have an agreement, could be asking for some assistance in restoring the fixtures & fittings as well

Brandon estates have said the only way speedway and Stox WON'T run is if the assets taken are not reinstalled. This is from Cov observer journalist on twitter.

Maybe Sandhu is waiting until the stocks have an agreement, could be asking for some assistance in restoring the fixtures & fittings as well

There is an agreement with Horton but not signed yet probably due to police involvement.

Trouble is that even if it does get sorted for 2017, you can bet your bottom dollar that the whole rumpus will start all over again at the end of the year.

Supporters of any club deserve better than this, surely?

I hope if a 3 year deal is signed by all parties then we will get a break from all that. We can't keep going year on year like this.

We will share fixtures with Belle Vue in the National League. Assuming we run of course

We will share fixtures with Belle Vue in the National League. Assuming we run of course

How would this work?

How would this work?

I guess it'll be one team and half the home fixtures will be at Belle Vue and the other Brandon. With more home fixtures in the top division it would be difficult to fit NL fixtures aswell. Not sure it'll work but at least there is more team spaces for that level.

Why won't Horton just make a fkn statement

We don`t need a statement. Theres nothing to say at the moment. I think most people know whats happening by now.

• Like 3

The latest developments following the statement issued by Brandon Estates is quite alarming really for a number of reasons. Who exactly are Brandon Estates? As a business, they should know that this is a Civil matter around disputed assets and contract of sale and not something that Warwickshire Police would be interested in. The Police will not investigate this as a theft or burglary. Sandhu was the previous owner of the Stadium and at the time the property was taken had lawful access to the Stadium in the form of a lease. The key thing here is that he or persons acting for him were not trespassers. It may be, as reported that damage was caused in the removal of property, but again this in my view is a Civil matter and not Criminal.

I suspect that this will drag on and we will need the services of Councillor Stokes again to help resolve this. I have heard that there is real concern around the time scales in relaying the track. I understand a period of time is needed for bonding of the sub base and shale surface. I have also heard that the electrics were removed and the work required to replace / reinstate the systems is substantial. I don’t think Mr Horton is in a position to comment other than to the negative at this stage until the issues involving Sandhu and Brandon Estates are resolved.

• Like 1

The latest developments following the statement issued by Brandon Estates is quite alarming really for a number of reasons. Who exactly are Brandon Estates? As a business, they should know that this is a Civil matter around disputed assets and contract of sale and not something that Warwickshire Police would be interested in. The Police will not investigate this as a theft or burglary. Sandhu was the previous owner of the Stadium and at the time the property was taken had lawful access to the Stadium in the form of a lease. The key thing here is that he or persons acting for him were not trespassers. It may be, as reported that damage was caused in the removal of property, but again this in my view is a Civil matter and not Criminal.

I suspect that this will drag on and we will need the services of Councillor Stokes again to help resolve this. I have heard that there is real concern around the time scales in relaying the track. I understand a period of time is needed for bonding of the sub base and shale surface. I have also heard that the electrics were removed and the work required to replace / reinstate the systems is substantial. I don’t think Mr Horton is in a position to comment other than to the negative at this stage until the issues involving Sandhu and Brandon Estates are resolved.

I think you summed up the position perfectly.

One thing is for sure when land is sold for potential development, it is very common that a large proportion of the sale value is only received once planning permission is granted. Could this be the reason that councilor Stokes has some sway over various participants in the dispute?