British Speedway Forum

After what has happened at Brandon, wouldn't it be nice if the Kings Lynn and Buxton promotions refused stoxs.

Not sure how the Buxton Speedway promotion could influence events at the Stadium next door to them!

After what has happened at Brandon, wouldn't it be nice if the Kings Lynn and Buxton promotions refused stoxs.

Certainly would and hopefully if the situation arises they will 👍

• Like 1

Has anyone been on the Jersey Companies Registry site and ordered the Brandon Estates 2016 Annual Return?

https://www.jerseyfsc.org/registry/documentsearch/NameDetail.aspx?Id=300208

Would be interesting to see who the directors and shareholders are, and if any of them have the name Sandhu.

Pretty sure the main purpose of registering a company in Jersey is so that the Directors can be kept anonymous. Surprise, surprise.

• Like 1

You clearly have never been to Buxton because the Stock car stadium is a separate business and a separate stadium.

The story about it costing £1million is just scaremongering from Brandon Estates. Sandhu has most of the equipment he took in storage (shale included) so the prices banded about is no way near correct. The cutting in half of the floodlight pylons is just pure vandalism.

• Like 1

The story about it costing £1million is just scaremongering from Brandon Estates. Sandhu has most of the equipment he took in storage (shale included) so the prices banded about is no way near correct. The cutting in half of the floodlight pylons is just pure vandalism.

The price is not scaremongering at all.

It's the insurers value at rectifying to previous standard.

Whether Sandhu still has the stuff in storage is irrelevant as insurance companies have to value new for old, especially electrical equipment.

• Like 2

The price is not scaremongering at all.

It's the insurers value at rectifying to previous standard.

Whether Sandhu still has the stuff in storage is irrelevant as insurance companies have to value new for old, especially electrical equipment.

Agreed Danny, Brandon Estates are simply following the correct procedures. Can you imagine they gave the keys to Sandhu and said 'here you go Mr Sandhu, we trust you to put everything back to a fit and proper stat, even after you took a total disregard to the way you removed what you claim to be your property. Oh and by the way make sure you get safety certificates and test all the electrics so we are not liable for any accidents to the public'.

I do not believe any sensible person here believes it can be as easy as that, too many risks

• Like 1

As no deal has been signed and with the press now being invited to look around the site, will Sandhu even want to sign a deal now? I will repeat that all this would have never had happened had Mick Horton stuck to the deals agreed with Sandhu, however with no Horton there would have been no speedway so it's a difficult one. However if the cost to put it back in is as mentioned if I was Sandhu I would say I'll put the stuff back in, now Mick you pay the running costs for the stadium as where does Mick stand in all this ? Sandhu was going to pay the running costs so he gets help there, The sky money helps another way then the landlords are also going to be behind the bees so be that a rent reduction or who knows what there is no big outlay from what I can see so be it very clever or very strange I don't know as the person offering the least is running the place? How can that be right.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1

As no deal has been signed and with the press now being invited to look around the site, will Sandhu even want to sign a deal now? I will repeat that all this would have never had happened had Mick Horton stuck to the deals agreed with Sandhu, however with no Horton there would have been no speedway so it's a difficult one. However if the cost to put it back in is as mentioned if I was Sandhu I would say I'll put the stuff back in, now Mick you pay the running costs for the stadium as where does Mick stand in all this ? Sandhu was going to pay the running costs so he gets help there, The sky money helps another way then the landlords are also going to be behind the bees so be that a rent reduction or who knows what there is no big outlay from what I can see so be it very clever or very strange I don't know as the person offering the least is running the place? How can that be right.

so Mick Horton was driving the trucks was he? utter nonsense of cause its sandhu's fault. whatever the contract status he is the one who has took a bulldozer to the place no one else.

• Like 2

so Mick Horton was driving the trucks was he? utter nonsense of cause its sandhu's fault. whatever the contract status he is the one who has took a bulldozer to the place no one else.

I think you are wrong if Horton had stuck to the agreement nothing would have been removed
  • Like 1

I think you are wrong if Horton had stuck to the agreement nothing would have been removed

Not just the once it was agreed and he changed his mind and it couldn't be signed. Brandon Estates have the press do there talking, Jeremy Heaver has been the only person to say exactly what the state of play was with the radio interview he did. Mick has been very underhand with going back on the deal then not being around when it all kicked off, Brandon estates must have been aware that things were being taken so if they were so sure it was not Sandhu's to take why not call the police at the time? It can't be that complicated to work out who the fixtures belong too?

• Like 2

Not just the once it was agreed and he changed his mind and it couldn't be signed. Brandon Estates have the press do there talking, Jeremy Heaver has been the only person to say exactly what the state of play was with the radio interview he did. Mick has been very underhand with going back on the deal then not being around when it all kicked off, Brandon estates must have been aware that things were being taken so if they were so sure it was not Sandhu's to take why not call the police at the time? It can't be that complicated to work out who the fixtures belong too?

Two suggested questions for the local newspaper to ask Mr Sandhu:

1. Can we please see the page of the stadium sale agreement detailing sale or retention of fixtures and fittings?

2. Have you or your family any ownership interest, be it direct or indirect, in Brandon Estates?

• Like 1

1. Can we please see the page of the stadium sale agreement detailing sale or retention of fixtures and fittings?

2. Have you or your family any ownership interest, be it direct or indirect, in Brandon Estates?

Re point 2.

Would his family (if they had any interest in Brandon Estates) call the police? ;)

• Like 1

1) I would imagine it's down to Sandhu and Brandon Estates to sort out, not to be shown to every tom, dick and harry. The public might want to know but they have no right to see it.

2) I am sure it was addressed a few times that Sandhu has no connection with Brandon estates, if he did do its a bloomin funny way to. Would it not be like calling the police on yourself?

Its all very messy and doesn't bring anybody out of it looking good. makes the winter go quicker I suppose.

Edited by Coventry_Bee