British Speedway Forum

Oh to be a fan of Speedway,

Whose teams future is uncertain and stark,

You get to feel like a mushroom,

Sxxt on and left in the dark....

As you look at your stadium in tatters,

The terracing now covered in brambles,

You reflect for a moment the reason,

And decide it's that Speedway's a shambles.....

Let's hope for some good news to come soon,

That the equipment will all be put back,

And that Coventry take up their position,

In the Premiership as well as on track...

It brings excitement greater than any other,

Which makes it even more frustrating then,

When you often ask, "why do I bother"?

God you must be bored but top marks for effort

• Like 2

Whose teams future is uncertain and stark,

You get to feel like a mushroom,

Sxxt on and left in the dark....

As you look at your stadium in tatters,

The terracing now covered in brambles,

You reflect for a moment the reason,

And decide it's that Speedway's a shambles.....

Let's hope for some good news to come soon,

That the equipment will all be put back,

And that Coventry take up their position,

In the Premiership as well as on track...

It brings excitement greater than any other,

Which makes it even more frustrating then,

When you often ask, "why do I bother"?

MGS education was not lost on you!!

• Like 1

Horton stood in a burning Brandon

The wind was blowing a gale

The arsonists had finished the job

And Sandhu had nicked the shale

I'll get me coat.

• Like 4

MGS education was not lost on you!!

I wish..!

School of hard knocks me, never did me any harm, etc etc etc.....😁

I'll get me coat.

You'll need a coat -- it's chilly out there

I'll get me coat.

Wish you would - yet another worthless contribution from the s**t shoveller

• Like 3

I think people may have missed the point of Mr Watson's post. Clever as he undoubtedly is, he didn't compose the verses but quoted those of a Victorian composer, Christopher Cox. Set to music, these became a popular funeral hymn...........

Yes, I know and I might change my choice to this one now. Damn depressing just when I was feeling a bit better. :lol:

Danny Smith..........In a roundabout way he's admitting Coventry's dead & buried?

Not an ideal way to confirm it.

Well, his lips are perhaps sealed as he's not allowed to say anything yet but that's rather a good cryptic clue. :sad:

Edited by Gemini

I think people may have missed the point of Mr Watson's post. Clever as he undoubtedly is, he didn't compose the verses but quoted those of a Victorian composer, Christopher Cox. Set to music, these became a popular funeral hymn...........

Totally unintentional, I was unaware that it was a funeral hymn - my reference was purely to silence.

• Like 2

Totally unintentional, I was unaware that it was a funeral hymn - my reference was purely to silence.

Blimey, Neil, what with fat finger syndrome and not knowing your Hymns Ancient and Modern, I think you should stick to speedway promoting..(please) ;)

Blimey, Neil, what with fat finger syndrome and not knowing your Hymns Ancient and Modern, I think you should stick to speedway promoting..(please) ;)

He is trying to but you guys keep distracting him and then asking for updates!! ;)

• Like 5

Wanting to 'silence' fans sounds like a very strange way for a promoter to explain how he wishes to interact with them and provide reassurance that work is going on to save their club (which was there long before you arrived).

I suggest Coventry Speedway employs someone with a much more respectful and friendly manor in which to deal with the public.... while you get on with helping Mick play with his toy train set.

ps Yes I know I am not even a Coventry supporter but very P****ed at the way you see fit to treat them now and have done in the past. Enough is enough, they deserve better than you!

I like to be impartial, but that has to have a like.. :t:

Wanting to 'silence' fans sounds like a very strange way for a promoter to explain how he wishes to interact with them and provide reassurance that work is going on to save their club (which was there long before you arrived).

I suggest Coventry Speedway employs someone with a much more respectful and friendly manor in which to deal with the public.... while you get on with helping Mick play with his toy train set.

ps Yes I know I am not even a Coventry supporter but very P****ed at the way you see fit to treat them now and have done in the past. Enough is enough, they deserve better than you!

If you read the thread you would understand what he meant by silence. He said he and Mick were singing from the same hymn sheet so posters responses with jokes and hymns he then responded to with a hymn. He wasn't saying he wanted to silence fans about the situation at Brandon.

As for the last paragraph maybe your right but I'd prefer they give a statement when a decision is made not rhetoric we've had from other parties on this. Just my opinion.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 4

I think you've misread Neils comments here. Someone commented on silence and hymns so Neil simply posted a hymn about silence as a bit of a joke.

I actually feel for Neil and Mick here. Say something and it goes wrong and they look stupid, say nothing and it looks like they don't know what they're doing so must be stupid. I would imagine things right now are very delicate with some of the people involved and to say nothing may just be the best thing. They have stated that as things stand we WILL be running. Until/unless that changes I'm not sure how much more they can say?

Can hardly come out and call Sandhu a prick and say that Rugby Council could be doing more as that would be the end wouldn't it?

I think you've misread Neils comments here. Someone commented on silence and hymns so Neil simply posted a hymn about silence as a bit of a joke.

I actually feel for Neil and Mick here. Say something and it goes wrong and they look stupid, say nothing and it looks like they don't know what they're doing so must be stupid. I would imagine things right now are very delicate with some of the people involved and to say nothing may just be the best thing. They have stated that as things stand we WILL be running. Until/unless that changes I'm not sure how much more they can say?

Can hardly come out and call Sandhu a prick and say that Rugby Council could be doing more as that would be the end wouldn't it?

Amen! Exactly what I've been saying.

• Like 5