British Speedway Forum

Buster Chapman ...Says the BSPA are optimistic of the Bees racing this year...

Well of course he has to say that, doesn't he? He can't go public with a prophecy of doom can he?

As I said elsewhere, I'm optimistic of us having a white Christmas this year...but what you're optimisitc about and what you get can be two different things.

Buster Chapman was on local radio tonight. Says the BSPA are optimistic of the Bees racing this year. Small steps but progress being made. They have until Friday to confirm.

While there's a chance, there is hope..........When there s no hope, we have nothing....

• Like 1

Buster Chapman was on local radio tonight. Says the BSPA are optimistic of the Bees racing this year. Small steps but progress being made. They have until Friday to confirm.

Well, I find that concerning.

Small steps being made yet they have only 3 days to confirm their position.

Time clearly running out so now big steps are required

Lets hope for more good news that the Bees have been sorted and will be coming to the tapes. Im keeping a couple of holiday days aside for when we visit Brandon, keep positive.

Well, I find that concerning.

Small steps being made yet they have only 3 days to confirm their position.

Time clearly running out so now big steps are required

Depends how many small steps have already been made.

It seems there is actually a will to get Brandon running so hopefully they can agree to let Sandhu in and put stuff back in.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

It seems there is actually a will to get Brandon running so hopefully they can agree to let Sandhu in and put stuff back in.

Do you really think he's ever had any intention of doing that? I'll do a lap of the Brandon track in my mobility scooter just wearing my knickers if we come to the tapes in March. :lol:

• Like 8

Do you really think he's ever had any intention of doing that? I'll do a lap of the Brandon track in my mobility scooter just wearing my knickers if we come to the tapes in March. :lol:

Low crowd for the first meeting then 😂. I've had my doubts about Sandhu since this all started but it seems there is a will from him to stay at Brandon for whatever reason. Very much doubt we will get seats and bar areas back though.

• Like 2

Low crowd for the first meeting then . I've had my doubts about Sandhu since this all started but it seems there is a will from him to stay at Brandon for whatever reason. Very much doubt we will get seats and bar areas back though.

We don't NEED these things. All we need are shale, a fence and lights. The rest can be worked around. It may not be pretty but it'll be speedway and will still not be the worst stadium in the UK by a long way!

Just drop me a PM on ticket availability...

Will the scooter be dog-drawn?

• Like 1

It's imperitive that the Bees come to tapes this season, otherwise we're down to 8 again, no bigger than before....

Surely, the BSPA can sort Belle Vue and Leicester, but then fail to assist Coventry.. Come on BSPA, don't let the Bees down....

• Like 2

We don't NEED these things. All we need are shale, a fence and lights. The rest can be worked around. It may not be pretty but it'll be speedway and will still not be the worst stadium in the UK by a long way!

Agree entirely. Some seem to think Sandhu will replace it all, I doubt that very much. Just need track and floodlights the rest can wait. Just get in some portable bars (hire some from Wasps?) and I'm sure there are people with burger vans more than willing to get some extra trade.

Edited by woz01

Horton has not taken up the lease according to the coventry telegraph outlook looks bleak now

Edited by naffer
  • Like 1

A statement from James Crocker, lawyer for Brandon Estates, has confirmed that deal is now dead.

He said: I can expressly confirm that Mr Mick Horton did not take up the lease of Brandon Stadium on January 3, 2017.It would obviously be improper for me or my clients to comment on Mr Hortons decision. I can however say the decision not to take up the Lease was Mr Hortons and not Brandon Estates Ltd and Brandon Estates Ltd had offered a substantial and extremely generous sponsorship package to Mr Horton/Coventry Speedway Ltd.

The statement added 'I do not believe that a new lease will be entered into prior to the start of the forthcoming Speedway season'

I truely hope Mick Horton has an explanation for Coventry fans as to why he did not offer to loan the speedway promotion out to someone who would have been happy to take up the lease on what sound favourable terms?

Unless that is forthcoming I fear he will always be known as the man who shut down Coventry Speedway and not Mr Sandhu.

Edited by jchapman

Oh dear.

Telegraph has a statement from Brandon Estates saying Horton not taken up the lease and the opportunity gone. Were getting mixed messages almost daily!

I get the feeling Horton is Chemical Ali in Bagdad claiming his side is winning while the American tanks roll past (or Brandon estates bulldozers) :(

Will Sandhu suddenly return the fixtures/fittings and lease the stadium off Brandon Estates for Stock Cars?

Edited by Brandon

Hopefully this statement is correct unlike the riders released rumour you mentioned.

For the Bees fans, what a rocky journey it's been with mixed and positive statements coming from Horton and local press.

It's hard to know what to believe.