British Speedway Forum

Why do we seem to go from crisis to crisis?

We don't deserve this!

Why can't they just put us out of our misery...

:(

Telling the truth would be a starter.

• Like 1

Bad news for the Coventry fans, why is it Horton keeps dragging the club through the mud? Never had any of these issues before he arrived.

Because we haven't rented the stadium before. Sandhu is throwing his toys out of the pram. We were told by him and Jeremy Heaver that there was zero chance that the new owner would do a deal to extend the lease. What did Horton do with a lot of help from Cllr Stokes? Got a deal to run the stadium, Sandhu cannot be happy with that. Soon as the deal was announced he hiked by food and drink prices whole at the same time letting the stadium rot.

Is Horton withholding rent who knows but locking the speedway out was a error by Sandhu especially if the odd rumour is true that Stox have yet to have a deal at Brandon.

Why do we seem to go from crisis to crisis?

We don't deserve this!

Why can't they just put us out of our misery...

:(

It's Coventry and it's sport. Depressing day yesterday as a Bees and CCFC fan! Bad news all round. Edited by woz01

Pirates Of Poole, on 24 Sept 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

Bad news for the Coventry fans, why is it Horton keeps dragging the club through the mud? Never had any of these issues before he arrived.

Would anybody be interested in taking over if Horton wanted rid of it ? Has there any names been banded around Brandon ?

This. Also Horton has constantly asked about things being fixed/replaced and he's had to do some of it with his own money even though it's not within the agreement. Floodlights not working and the tannoy being constantly rubbish is two of the things fans notice.

Also I overheard that Stox won't run at Brandon next season, whether it's true I have no idea but at the minute I can see it being an issue!

Beer up 50p I was livid

Don't think it would make a difference to next year as Horton will be running the stadium not Sandhu. As for the ELRC the BSPA run the event so I guess they rent the stadium? Then again Sandhu isn't a fan of them is he?

What got me worried was we were told that Sandhu was forced by the bank to sell!

This. Also Horton has constantly asked about things being fixed/replaced and he's had to do some of it with his own money even though it's not within the agreement. Floodlights not working and the tannoy being constantly rubbish is two of the things fans notice.

Also I overheard that Stox won't run at Brandon next season, whether it's true I have no idea but at the minute I can see it being an issue!

Beer up 50p I was livid

Don't think it would make a difference to next year as Horton will be running the stadium not Sandhu. As for the ELRC the BSPA run the event so I guess they rent the stadium? Then again Sandhu isn't a fan of them is he?

What got me worried was we were told that Sandhu was forced by the bank to sell!

Who told you he was forced to sell ? More than Likely Sandhu . He has Played the supporters ,the Bspa , and the promoters of both Stock cars and speedway , the blokes a proven liar ,so if the source of "He Was Forced " is him it's lies for sure ,

Who told you he was forced to sell ?

I also thought the stadium had to be sold to pay back the tax owed by a relative of Sandhu's who was a part owner? Strange though because he'd always said he owned the stadium 100%.

I also thought the stadium had to be sold to pay back the tax owed by a relative of Sandhu's who was a part owner? Strange though because he'd always said he owned the stadium 100%.

How the hell has this club got into such a state.

Who told you he was forced to sell ? More than Likely Sandhu . He has Played the supporters ,the Bspa , and the promoters of both Stock cars and speedway , the blokes a proven liar ,so if the source of "He Was Forced " is him it's lies for sure ,

Jeremy Heaver said on a post on Facebook. I was told at the time when he did put it up for sale that the bank is forcing him too by an anonymous poster on here by pm. I think some other Bees fans on here were also posted in that same message. I wasn't convinced Sandhu would have funds for a new stadium after hearing that but some seemed to think he has?

That's stating the obvious.

People were asking I answered!

The HMRC looked into the stadium a few years back then it was on the market not long after.

If houses could be built on the site why would Sandhu sell, that made little sense to me.

You have to wonder why Sandhu didn't actively seek to run the stadium like Horton did. It seems to me he wanted it to close. Jeremy Heaver not attending meetings to speak to fans said a lot too.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

News Local News Brandon Stadium

National competition postponed after dispute between Coventry Speedway and stadium owners

A statement on their website said there was a "political issue" involving Coventry Speedway and the stadium's owners

Motorsport fans were left disappointed yesterday after a dispute between Coventry Speedway and stadium landlords meant organisers were forced to postpone a national competition.

Dozens of people took to social media on Friday to share their concerns after the National League double header involving the City Gearboxes Storm, Stoke and Rye House was cancelled .

According to a statement on the racing club’s website, this was due to the ‘unavailability of the stadium’.

No new dates have been arranged yet.

Reports emerged on social media of track staff allegedly being stopped from entering Brandon Stadium in Warwickshire .

Some Twitter users even said that a group called Ride’n’Slide Dayz had turned up at the stadium, but found the gates locked.

@OfficialCovBees what about an apology to the #RideAndSlideDayz event? Guys turn up @07:30 arctic full of bikes & gear to a Locked gate!

— Richard Hammond (@richard3642) 23 September 2016

Last night bosses issued a statement saying that they were involved in a “political issue” with the stadium landlords Coventry Racing Club Ltd.

They tried to assure fans that the issue did not involve the stadium’s new owners and would hopefully be resolved after talks with the British Speedway Promoters Association and Coventry Racing Club Ltd .

The statement read: “Coventry Speedway would like to apologise to supporters, riders and sponsors for the postponement of Friday’s meeting.

“This is a political issue involving ourselves and our current stadium landlords Coventry Racing Club Ltd.

“The matter requires further discussion with the BSPA and new stadium owners, and we are unable to comment further at this stage other than to confirm the issue itself does not involve the new owners.

“Another statement will be provided in due course following these discussions.”

The Telegraph has tried to contact Coventry Speedway for further comment.

READ MORE

Brandon Stadium needs increased support, warns Coventry promoter Mick Horton

Earlier this month, the Telegraph reported how Coventry promoter Mick Horton said National League racing cannot continue indefinitely at Brandon without increased support.

This came just months after the Coventry Bees and Coventry Storm signed a deal to remain at Brandon Stadium when it looked like they were going to be left homeless .

After the intervention of the leader of Rugby Borough Council, Coun Michael Stokes, a deal was reached with Brandon Estates Ltd, who purchased the site from former Bees owner Avtar Sandhu for £2.77million, to allow the Bees to ride there next season - with a possible two years to follow

As a Bees fan who in 3 years (hopefully) will celebrate 50 years at Brandon, I would like to say....

I don't care who said what to whom.

I don't care who owns what.

I don't care about politics.

I don't care about land prices and planning permission to build houses.

I do care about my speedway.

I do care about the Bees.

I do care about the Storm.

I even care the Vikings (look them up).

I do care about our riders.

I do care about the long serving staff.

I especially care about my fellow fans.

Please listen, whoever it is making decisons about our club.

We care. Whether we're fighting for the playoffs or just beating our local rivals.

Happiness is 40-38 or whatever the modern equivalent is. Maybe that's my problem eh? I just want to watch good racing like it was in the day.

• Like 3

As a Bees fan who in 3 years (hopefully) will celebrate 50 years at Brandon, I would like to say....

I don't care who said what to whom.

I don't care who owns what.

I don't care about politics.

I don't care about land prices and planning permission to build houses.

I do care about my speedway.

I do care about the Bees.

I do care about the Storm.

I even care the Vikings (look them up).

I do care about our riders.

I do care about the long serving staff.

I especially care about my fellow fans.

Please listen, whoever it is making decisons about our club.

We care. Whether we're fighting for the playoffs or just beating our local rivals.

Happiness is 40-38 or whatever the modern equivalent is. Maybe that's my problem eh? I just want to watch good racing like it was in the day.

Coventry Don't have enough supporters to run Elite League Speedway or to make the council want to make sure the sport stays at Brandon. Fact

Crowds are shocking compared to a few years ago and it's clear the people of Coventry and Warwickshire are not behind supporting it.

It will be a sad day if it's the end of Brandon and the bees

Coventry Don't have enough supporters to run Elite League Speedway or to make the council want to make sure the sport stays at Brandon. Fact

Crowds are shocking compared to a few years ago and it's clear the people of Coventry and Warwickshire are not behind supporting it.

It will be a sad day if it's the end of Brandon and the bees

What a load of rubbish. For one the leader of the council said Brandon will not be in the updated local plan as the want the stadium to continue running. Secondly crowds are easily sustainable especially when you consider our poor league form this season some clubs would love our crowds (apart from sky). Thirdly, the speedway promoter as things stand will run the stadium in 2017, that means rent from stox and other events (hopefully) and money from food, drinks and other sales. We didn't get any of that before. The Bees can't be doing that bad because they've ran the storm for 4 years and I bet that's lost money pretty much every year, still might run next year too. Edited by woz01
  • Like 4