British Speedway Forum

Coventry Stox have apparently announced their April and May meetings have been cancelled

Well that should be a clue as to what will happen with the Bees and when, if ever, they can get back to Brandon.

COVENTRYSTOX PRESS RELEASE
By Coventry Stox, Feb 7 2017 05:17PM

CoventryStox would like to announce their decision to postpone the BriSCA Formula One April and May meetings. Unfortunately at this moment in time decisions and agreements still have to be made and we feel it is in the best interest for everyone to postpone the first two CoventryStox fixtures and focus on the British Championship in June.

We would like to thank both BriSCA and the BSCDA for their ongoing support in these times of uncertainty and we look forward to reaching an agreement that suits drivers, fans and everyone involved in the world of Stock Car Racing.

A further update will be given as soon as we have agreements in place and we would like to apologise for the delays in launching the 2017 season.

Edited by Gemini

Well that should be a clue as to what will happen with the Bees and when, if ever, they can get back to Brandon. COVENTRYSTOX PRESS RELEASE By Coventry Stox, Feb 7 2017 05:17PMCoventryStox would like to announce their decision to postpone the BriSCA Formula One April and May meetings. Unfortunately at this moment in time decisions and agreements still have to be made and we feel it is in the best interest for everyone to postpone the first two CoventryStox fixtures and focus on the British Championship in June.We would like to thank both BriSCA and the BSCDA for their ongoing support in these times of uncertainty and we look forward to reaching an agreement that suits drivers, fans and everyone involved in the world of Stock Car Racing.A further update will be given as soon as we have agreements in place and we would like to apologise for the delays in launching the 2017 season.

So no chance of Coventry being in till late May at earliest.

as a speedway fan I wasn't expecting Bees to return to Brandon until May at the earliest. I guess one thing s for sure, the stadium is a long way from being operational if the May stox has been cancelled

he also went on record saying he had no partner , but still had to buy the non existent partners 50% share off HMRC , to retain ownership of His share , this was when his friend and Non existent partner got put in prison for money laundering !!! says all you need to know about Sandhu . anyway all this posturing about helping to save the Bees load of cobblers Like the new stadium he was never intending to build , if he really wanted to see the Bees continue , why would he sell the stadium in the first place ,even if it was to himself ?

You make some good points there ;)

Just delay it long enough for Horton to go bust at Leicester, then put the stuff back in for Stox at his own leisure. Probably been the plan all along. Then wait for planning consent to be granted.

Edited by From PC to KC.
  • Like 3

Not surprising news that Buildbase will no longer be title sponsor. Good news that they do remain as a 'normal' sponsor though.

Edited by woz01

Reckon DIGNITAS, that renowned Swiss based company could do no better than promoting the death IN THE CITY (local proximity) of Coventry for the "sport" of speedway.

I aint into franchises, Wimbledon Football club/Milton Keynes "Dons" LONDON Wasps rugby football club / Wasps Rugby Football Club based in Coventry just 2 of many.

can't believe the whoop, whoop hysteria just because the NAME of Coventry is going to exist for the time being at a "rivals" gaff

So sad to think that people believe all will come good.

• Like 1

Not surprising news that Buildbase will no longer be title sponsor. Good news that they do remain as a 'normal' sponsor though.

Who would stump up sponsorship to a team with no stadium who are unlikely to get halfway through the season.

Who would stump up sponsorship to a team with no stadium who are unlikely to get halfway through the season.

You need a local Lottery Winner... I said I would buy the Lions if I won reasonably big.... Actually got the first 5 numbers drawn out one Wednesday, couldn't get the sixth or bonus ball to get 6... Kept checking lottery results to see how much we'd won, gave up at 2am and went bed...

Got up at 5.30 for work, chucked the TV on, and guess how much we'd won.....

£568 yes, a miserly £568!!!

That's Five Hundred and Sixty Eight Pounds, just in case you think I missed any zeros off!!!

It had usually been at least a grand an a half for 5 numbers in those days...

To say I was disappointed is another matter!!!!!

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

I think it will be difficult to find one.

I am not a betting man but I would put a tenner on Coventry not completing the season's fixtures. It has just been a makeover to keep up the necessary numbers for the Sky contract. What odds can I get?

• Like 1

I thought Brandon Estates were going to be the main Bees sponsor for 2017.

They were but that was before the falling out