British Speedway Forum

Is someone prepared to put their head above the parapet and let us have the truth!

Plenty know what's gone on I'm sure...

Anyone?

• Like 1

I think the crunch here is to ascertain who are the members of Brandon Estates. On Thursday night at the grand finale of Coventry Bees I asked MH the same question and he admitted that the Brandon Estates were "known to Sandhu" sorry I think this was an ideal way to end the speedway and then pursue their evil deeds Sandhu's conduct in the destruction of Brandon was according to MH far more than has been reported on this site. Electrics ripped from the ceilings multiple damage to the stadium in fact MH said Sandhu was aghast at the damage?. When one considers he was the self admitted creator of he damage!. What hypocrisy!

They are very well known to Sandhu

very sad. I enjoyed my seasonal trip to Coventry. Sad for the riders and staff too. Speedway is in a mess.

Just like so many other famous old stadiums over the years, greedy sods selling up to property developers, I guess ultimately it's the councils allowing them to get planning permission though.

I not only feel sorry for the Bees fans but 7 riders who have stuck by the club all winter with some of them now finding that they will have very little chance now of finding a team place and a chance to earn a living.

The club in my mind is now owned by the clubs loyal fans, I hope you will all get together at a very very large meeting. Bees fans from all over the UK. Get a committee together to take over the running of the club, someone out there a true fan must be able to stand as the clubs promoter. Go to as many meetings up and down the country wearing your Bees shirts and jackets with pride. I am sure that you can think pf plenty to put into a flyer that you can hand around.

Don't stay idle, keep bugging the council, find someone out there locally with enough money to make the club viable. There is land about get the council to make sure that they make it available. There are grants from the sport council to help build facilities. You need as many money men as you can find. Make the dream, your dream happen.

Make sure that you all get together every couple of weeks. Get people to give talks much like the other supporters clubs do that have no teams. Don't let your love of the Bees fall by the wayside, keep together and make sure, that this famous club makes to the tapes again sooner rather than latter. But this time around make it happen in your hands. Not Sandu or another like him or for that matter no Horton. They all knew what was going on and I think they have know for quite sometime. This has just been a way of keeping all and sundry happy until it was to late to do anything about.

Make sure you make your dream work. Keep proud and keep busy

Can you just explain to me why Mick is getting the blame for ending the club? He wasn't the one who sold the stadium to Brandon Estates and he wasn't the one who wrecked it so it couldn't be used. Just interested as I must be a bit thick.

Yep agree with this. Horton has been sold down the river on this, maybe his heart ruled his head trying to get us to ride at Leicester but as a fan id want an owner to try and do the same.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

A difficult day, not only for fans but I feel for the riders. Reading it on Twitter, most have kevlars(Kevlar gate opens its ugly head again ) riders would have mechanics in place. What do they turn round and say to sponsors?

Maybe King/Garrity can sneak in at Bellevue at the last hour. For them not to have been told is just outrageous and speak volumes.

The statement read about the financial support that was withdrawn? Was that Sandhu? On Thursday Mick stated Sandhu had no financial input into the bees but wished he did.... The BSPA can take no fault at this outcome, they tried to help, Councillor Stokes had previously interviened to help. No matter who has tried it has just not worked, the agreement was in place and between people who supposedly "love" the bees and wanted to continue really have a funny way of showing it. IF this was the case Mr Sandhu would have backed us, purchased the club back off Mick. It's not like he is short of a few quid at the moment and we have today seen the darkest day in the clubs history at the hands of two men who have let us down so badly.

Nothing adds up as the lease should have carried on in Sandhu's name... Job done. Nobody will admit fault and no story will ever match.

A really sad day, you couldn't make it up....... On that note, lets await Mick's statment...........

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1

Didn't Horton say Sandhu was helping with some type of financial input, and this has now been withdrawn?

I gather it's the Brandon Estates sponsorship that's been withdrawn

Horton could have at least contacted the riders to explain the situation.

At least a text or email if he wasn't man enough to tell them face to face or via a phone call.

Or the bspa could have told the riders as they are the ones seemingly closing Coventry down.

Incidentally the riders still haven't been contacted and only know through the wonderful social media.

Hang your heads in shame

• Like 4

when you have a family that want the speedway out, they will make sure it's out, they (Sandhu & Brandon Estates) will stick together

• Like 1

The BSPA would of made sure the Bees ran had Belle Vue not made it

HOW.

Horton could have at least contacted the riders to explain the situation.

At least a text or email if he wasn't man enough to tell them face to face or via a phone call.

Or the bspa could have told the riders as they are the ones seemingly closing Coventry down.

Incidentally the riders still haven't been contacted and only know through the wonderful social media.

Hang your heads in shame

It seems the decision was made on Friday

from SpeedwayGB twitter page: http://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB/status/835855643571535873

It seems the decision was made on Friday

from SpeedwayGB twitter page: http://twitter.com/SpeedwayGB/status/835855643571535873

I'd love to read it but like 99% of speedway fans I'm blocked my them. Well assuming it's a tweet from bspa

From councillor Stokes Facebook page....

I am so sorry to hear of the tragic news that The Bees have been prevented from racing in the coming season. So much work has been put in over the past year to secure another three years for The Bees and Stock Car racing at Brandon and I genuinely thought after the relevant parties had discussed all options, that a solution was in place until the events of late last year.

I'd like to pay tribute to Mr Mick Horton who has worked tirelessly to secure the future of The Bees and even during the negotiations over a lease at Brandon Stadium, always ensured the discussions included the stock cars. It's easy to blame the person in the public eye, but without Mr Horton, there would have been no discussions to be had. He has never been more than a tenant at Brandon and due to circumstances beyond his control has been placed in this very difficult position and I know he is devastated by this decision. Anyone knowing all of the details would have understood if Mr Horton had of walked away at the end of the last season and many of those who knew the details, advised him to do so. But he continued to fight to ensure the survival of The Bees.

There is a lot of detail I am unable to discuss because of ongoing legal matters between the new owners and other parties, but I am confident that the fans will clearly understand the events that lead to this decision in the near future.

My sympathies are with the many thousands of fans who will potentially lose not only a stadium they loved, but now a team who most fans grew up supporting along with their parents, grandparents and now their children and grand children. I've been lucky enough to meet and speak to many of you over the past year and I've never met a group of more passionate people with regards to a sport they genuinely loved.

There are no formal powers that I can use to change this decision, but as always I will be keeping all channels of communication open and will facilitate any discussions if it can help this situation.

• Like 9

I believe that the BSPA will now own all Coventry rider assets and will gain monies from loaned out riders. It's so wrong.

Not true, they will only control them. Their assets will be up for sale, and the real owner of the assets will either get their money, or the money will be used to offset the speedway debts.

• Like 1