British Speedway Forum

Hall Green Stadium IS an "Asset of the community" but this hasn't prevented Birmingham City Council from approving an application to demolish it and put 200 houses on the site - and in a particularly devious and deceitful way too - after the planning committee had originally voted 9-2 in favour of rejecting the application!

The fact that the stadium was a community Asset counted for nothing.

It's another layer to make it more difficult to get planning. It doesn't stop it.

think the hall green site was a bit different to say the least the planning committee rejected the application for development,some weeks later the full council decided it didnt have sufficient spare funds to pay the legal costs reqd to fight the inevitable appeal so reversed the decision and granted permission

East Midlands bowl, Leicester v Coventry 13th May. Harris and Kyle Howarth ride instead of Bjerre (now at BV) and Garrity who is riding for Redcar

• Like 1

East Midlands bowl, Leicester v Coventry 13th May. Harris and Kyle Howarth ride instead of Bjerre (now at BV) and Garrity who is riding for Redcar

Same night as the Polish GP

Surely if the case of Hall Green is as reported the sole reason for giving in was the cost of an appeal being disproportiate then it could be the Council could acted illegally if it was illegal then surely the matter should be reported. I would however doubt that facts are as stated on this forum.

Edited by abbo

Interesting photographs on the Peterborough Speedway twitter feed of their press and practice even taking place right now. Especially the Yellow and Black air fence which looks very recognizable and definitely not in their team colours !

Wonder if they got some track shale on the cheap too ?

Hall Green Stadium IS an "Asset of the community" but this hasn't prevented Birmingham City Council from approving an application to demolish it and put 200 houses on the site - and in a particularly devious and deceitful way too - after the planning committee had originally voted 9-2 in favour of rejecting the application!

The fact that the stadium was a community Asset counted for nothing.

And councils will leave at nothing to do the same all over the country..

Interesting photographs on the Peterborough Speedway twitter feed of their press and practice even taking place right now. Especially the Yellow and Black air fence which looks very recognizable and definitely not in their team colours !

Peterboroughs air fence was yellow and black last season too. Edited by woz01

I am told it was fairly common for Mr Horton to borrow the Panthers Air Fence, certainly not the other way round

The air fence at the showground has been yellow and black for sometime now, it is not Coventry's that you seem to be sarcastically pertaining it to be and the only connection it has with Coventry is Mick Horton conveniently borrowed parts of it without bothering to return them and as far as I am aware your shale went to Kirky lane. Hope that answers you're sarcasm . I should also like to know what makes you think the air fence has to be a particular colour that has to be in line with teams colours.

The air fence at the showground has been yellow and black for sometime now, it is not Coventry's that you seem to be sarcastically pertaining it to be and the only connection it has with Coventry is Mick Horton conveniently borrowed parts of it without bothering to return them and as far as I am aware your shale went to Kirky lane. Hope that answers you're sarcasm . I should also like to know what makes you think the air fence has to be a particular colour that has to be in line with teams colours.

I stand corrected and I apologise profusely to you Mick or are you Colin or you trusted (sic) sidekick Neil.

As you refer to Mr Horton "borrowing" airfences to Peterborough speedway - did a certain Mr Sandhu know of this being the owner of the fixtures and fittings of Coventry Speedway ? Sounds like an act of theft and something which Mr Sandhu should investigate

Edited by markyb

I stand corrected and I apologise profusely to you Mick or are you Colin or you trusted (sic) sidekick Neil.

As you refer to Mr Horton "borrowing" airfences to Peterborough speedway - did a certain Mr Sandhu know of this being the owner of the fixtures and fittings of Coventry Speedway ? Sounds like an act of theft and something which Mr Sandhu should investigate

You borrow from, you lend to. Horton took Peterboroughs airfence to Coventry was the implication.

You borrow from, you lend to. Horton took Peterboroughs airfence to Coventry was the implication.

Don't confuse him

• Like 1

Good to hear from you again Neil, hope you can still get to watch some speedway this year. Will be a lot less stressful, ATB

What ? I think you've got you're twickers in a nest.

Thank you, I didn't think it was that hard to understand either .

Edited by New era Panthers