British Speedway Forum

IF there was a need to change the name it would have to be something that the wider community can get behind. Warwickshire Bees? Coventry Jaguars? Personally think it would be a mistake to change the name unless there was no other choice.

Coventry 'Bees', have always, as far as I know, been Coventry 'Bees'.

I wouldn't be very happy with a change of name (nothing to do with me, of course) the the 'Bees' Logo is Coventry Speedway Team and traditionally always has been. As a traditionalist - I would hate to see the famous Coventry 'Bees' called anything else.

• Like 1

Yes a return of the fighting bee or a modern version of it rather than the wasp type version that we currently use.

• Like 2

If Mick Horton has the rights to Coventry no other person could come along and start a new club with 30 miles of Coventry. The bspa would notgrant a promoters license.

do you really believe that Steve?

I'm sure Steve does believe it as he is quite correct.

• Like 1

Well let's hope Horton is sensible if and when someone makes enquiries about the club. For me I can't see how it's worth an awful lot in the current state and with a demonising old asset base.

I wouldn't be very happy with a change of name (nothing to do with me, of course) the the 'Bees' Logo is Coventry Speedway Team and traditionally always has been. As a traditionalist - I would hate to see the famous Coventry 'Bees' called anything else.

Me too. If we ever get back it will be as Coventry Bees, I'm quite sure of that.

I thought they were called the Brandon bees at the beginning but maybe wrong.

I'm sure Steve does believe it as he is quite correct.

what happened when Leicester started up they are only 29 miles away and a new club in a different league?

I thought they were called the Brandon bees at the beginning but maybe wrong.

correct

Well let's hope Horton is sensible if and when someone makes enquiries about the club. For me I can't see how it's worth an awful lot in the current state and with a demonising old asset base.

If that's the case - no one will want them :wink:

I couldn't give a flying fig about the name as I would just settle for getting our speedway team back on track.

• Like 2

COVENTRY are pleased to add another Challenge match to their schedule with a visit to SGB Premiership newcomers Rye House now agreed.

The match at Hoddesdon will take place on Saturday May 6 (7pm), which was a previously scheduled date for a league encounter between the clubs.

And it is set to be a major Coventry re-union as four of the Rockets team have ridden extensively for the Bees during their careers.

Chris Harris (2004-10, 2012, 2014-16), Scott Nicholls (2005-07, 2009, 2012-13), Edward Kennett (2009-12) and Stuart Robson (1995-6, 1998-2004, 2013, 2015) all have strong connections with the club, whilst at reserve Robert Branford is a former member of Coventry Storm in the National League.

As with the match at Wolverhampton on April 10, Rory Schlein will be appearing in the Coventry team in place of Kenneth Bjerre.

We would like to thank Steve Jenson and all at Rye House for their help and co-operation in arranging this fixture.

Share This: Facebook Twitter

• Like 1

King said he will still ride for Coventry in their meetings this season