British Speedway Forum

Done and dusted for next season deal has been done Bees back at Brandon for next year at least. Well done to Councillor Stokes of Rugby Council also to Pete Lawrence andhismerry men. Now let's stop all the stupid posts and give the management including Mick Horton the support they need to get the Bees back where they should be. Support is the name of the game not stupid comments that don't help!

Very easy to say, but I wonder how many of the" all in " season ticket holders will support Horton by " putting their money up front again " after being ripped off this year?

Dave I agree with you n that pointHave been season ticket holder until this season just gone Because of their withdrawal of concessions and a price increase of £100 for two tickets I refused to purchase seasont tickets. I know they will point out that it included a programme with each ticket. The days of programmes are on the wane because they are only a reprint of the Speedway Star and Coventry Telegraph. Concessions should be reintroduced and programmes should NOT be included. It should provide entry to the Stadium only. I ask this question a family of four arrive with season tickets finish up with 3 unwanted programmes crazy thinking. I agree that season ticket holders lost out and it cost them more than admission at the turnstiles would have cost. There has to be a financial advantage when shelling out preseason. By the way son and I didn't miss a meeting this year

Edited by abbo
  • Like 1

I'd hope there would be something for those who did purchase a Storm season ticket. They didn't get what they paid for at the end of the day.

Dave I agree with you n that pointHave been season ticket holder until this season just gone Because of their withdrawal of concessions and a price increase of £100 for two tickets I refused to purchase seasont tickets. I know they will point out that it included a programme with each ticket. The days of programmes are on the wane because they are only a reprint of the Speedway Star and Coventry Telegraph. Concessions should be reintroduced and programmes should NOT be included. It should provide entry to the Stadium only. I ask this question a family of four arrive with season tickets finish up with 3 unwanted programmes crazy thinking. I agree that season ticket holders lost out and it cost them more than admission at the turnstiles would have cost. There has to be a financial advantage when shelling out preseason. By the way son and I didn't miss a meeting this year

Fair play to you. I can't bring myself to give the guy any more of my cash, as much as enjoy the sport.

Good news about next season but looks like the owners want something in return in regards to building on the land for us to get a further two seasons.

I don't think season tickets were handled fairly for the storm at the end however I would love to have seen the reaction if Mick Horton had done a Leicester or Belle Vue then the forum would have been in meltdown so on the day one promotion have been shown up for huge failings another no matter what anybody says has done a great job in securing the bees having a home in 2017.

First signing should be the team manager, hopefully we hear something soon now the AGM is over

Need to keep Bates on that average

• Like 2

Good news about next season but looks like the owners want something in return in regards to building on the land for us to get a further two seasons.

I don't think season tickets were handled fairly for the storm at the end however I would love to have seen the reaction if Mick Horton had done a Leicester or Belle Vue then the forum would have been in meltdown so on the day one promotion have been shown up for huge failings another no matter what anybody says has done a great job in securing the bees having a home in 2017.

I think that just proves how far this sport has sunk. We have a promotion cast aside for gross mismanagement, and you want to congratulate another promoter who was blatantly ripping off his customers because his crime wasn't quite so bad.

As long as people continue to accept what he is doing without protest he will just carry on in exactly the same old way.

I think that just proves how far this sport has sunk. We have a promotion cast aside for gross mismanagement, and you want to congratulate another promoter who was blatantly ripping off his customers because his crime wasn't quite so bad.

As long as people continue to accept what he is doing without protest he will just carry on in exactly the same old way.

It's amazing, in speedway you're good if you're just not as bad as the next man. And we wonder why the sport is on it's arse!

As I said before. If Horton doesn't give something back to those storm season ticket holders then quite rightly have a go as it isn't fair on those people. I hope something will be done but doubt we will hear about it until admission prices for 2017 are released. Perhaps a small statement saying they will be compensated in some way with details later on will help. Let's be honest it would not be many people so it should be simple and not very costly to sort.

Shame that this overshadows the good news though because no matter what anyone says we would all be looking for something else to do on our Friday evenings in 2017 if it wasn't for Horton and Cllr Stokes.

• Like 1

First signing should be the team manager, hopefully we hear something soon now the AGM is over

Need to keep Bates on that average

Hope you keep Garrity on 8.55 too!! ;-)

• Like 1

Hope you keep Garrity on 8.55 too!! ;-)

If you multiply 1.4 to his EL average he's pretty much that anyway so he's on the right average.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2