British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PHILIPRISING

Sweden Favourites?

LOOKING through the respective line-ups for Friday and Saturday it is hard to see beyond Sweden as favourites to retain the SWC they surprisingly won last year.

On current form Jonsson, Lindgren and Lindback match the top three of any other country and Ljung is enjoying a resurgence in form and appears to be as good as any other no number four. And, of course, they are already in the Final. Jonsson has three new engines from a new tuner, Lindgren's GTRs seem fast and Lindback is flying.

Poland, also through, have a young side that will probably love the wide, open spaces at Belle Vue but will inexperience count and who knows which Kasprzak will turn up. Dropping Janowski may come back to haunt them.

Russia, even if Gregori Laguta makes the race-off, have a weak link, Australia rely too heavily on Jason Doyle and to a lesser extent Chris Holder while Denmark appear vulnerable without Nicki Pedersen (even if he is not at his best) and a struggling Peter Kildemand. Hard to see Kenneth Bjerre doing well at BV.

So Sweden it is... maybe :party:

Edited by PHILIPRISING

LOOKING through the respective line-ups for Friday and Saturday it is hard to see beyond Sweden as favourites to retain the SWC they surprisingly won last year.

On current form Jonsson, Lindgren and Lindback match the top three of any other country and Ljung is enjoying a resurgence in form and appears to be as good as any other no number four. And, of course, they are already in the Final. Johnson has three new engines from a new tuner, Lindgren's GTRs seem fast and Lindback is flying.

Poland, also through, have a young side that will probably love the wide, open spaces at Belle Vue but will inexperience count and who knows which Kasprzak will turn up. Dropping Jankowski may come back to haunt them.

Russia, even if Gregori Lugata makes the race-off, have a weak link, Australia rely too heavily on Jason Doyle and to a lesser extent Chris Holder while Denmark appear vulnerable without Nicki Pedersen (even if he is not at his best) and a struggling Peter Kildermand. Hard to see Kenneth Bjerre doing well at BV.

Are you discounting Team GB, do you not think home advantage will count?

Poland slight favourites imho. Ljung is one of the weakest riders in the field, whereas Poland dont (on paper) have a weak link.

On current form Jonsson, Lindgren and Lindback match the top three of any other country and Ljung is enjoying a resurgence in form and appears to be as good as any other no number four. And, of course, they are already in the Final. Johnson has three new engines from a new tuner, Lindgren's GTRs seem fast and Lindback is flying.

Poland, also through, have a young side that will probably love the wide, open spaces at Belle Vue but will inexperience count and who knows which Kasprzak will turn up. Dropping Jankowski may come back to haunt them.

Russia, even if Gregori Lugata makes the race-off, have a weak link, Australia rely too heavily on Jason Doyle and to a lesser extent Chris Holder while Denmark appear vulnerable without Nicki Pedersen (even if he is not at his best) and a struggling Peter Kildermand. Hard to see Kenneth Bjerre doing well at BV.

Johnson, Jankowski, Lugata, Kildermand ???? Been at the Wincarnis, Philippe ?

Concentrate on t'spelling rather than the needless capital letters !

Johnson, Jankowski, Lugata, Kildermand ???? Been at the Wincarnis, Philippe ?

Concentrate on t'spelling rather than the needless capital letters !

NEED a good sub-editor. Thanks ...

• Like 1

Are you discounting Team GB, do you not think home advantage will count?

No chance, shouldn't even be in The Final. :sad:

Farcical World Cup. Home nation seeded to final, Jokers. :rofl:

No chance, shouldn't even be in The Final. :sad:

Farcical World Cup. Home nation seeded to final, Jokers. :rofl:

Could had been worse, could have been The Czech Republic...oh hang on..

Poland are the favourites on paper. Ljung rode very well but Västervik is his hometrack and I don't expect him to do this well in Manchester.

I also think that Janowski will do better in the final since I think that NSS track suites him better then Vojens.

I'm hoping Australia dont get through the race off . (goooooooooo Denmark ) but if they do Ill be cheering on Sweden and Poland . sadly (for me anyway ) if they get through the race off they are guaranteed a rostrum finish ,,

Poland are the favourites on paper. Ljung rode very well but Västervik is his hometrack and I don't expect him to do this well in Manchester.

I also think that Janowski will do better in the final since I think that NSS track suites him better then Vojens.

Janowski isn't riding.

Sweden for me. The Poles youthful exuberance could maybe cost them a few points through over-riding.

Sweden.

Poland.

Britain.

Australia.

Ok I hadn't seen that. I still would have picked Magic over KK. Don't change a winning team.

The NSS suits KK, he was excellent round there earlier in the season. Janowski just wasn't quick enough the other day, not a good thing to have especially at the NSS.

The NSS suits KK, he was excellent round there earlier in the season. Janowski just wasn't quick enough the other day, not a good thing to have especially at the NSS.

Big fan of both but overall i think KK is riding better at the moment and possibly more suited to the track. It is certainly going to be a very close final.