British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Rockets V Somerset Sun 31st July 4pm Double Header

Unless the Raiders have a team with youngsters like the Brummies it will be a waste of time running again.

Better to have second half racing and MDL meetings where the current lads will be more suitable.

• Like 2

Unless the Raiders have a team with youngsters like the Brummies it will be a waste of time running again.

Better to have second half racing and MDL meetings where the current lads will be more suitable.

I agree entirely.

• Like 1

Well, can I just say that I would rather have an event like Sunday's than no speedway at all at Hoddesdon.

• Like 1

Well, can I just say that I would rather have an event like Sunday's than no speedway at all at Hoddesdon.

Anyone would prefer a double header to no speedway at all that's stupid but people have to pay more money and they may only want to watch the PL match, they also have to put up with worse racing than normal

Anyone would prefer a double header to no speedway at all that's stupid but people have to pay more money and they may only want to watch the PL match, they also have to put up with worse racing than normal

I popped out to the car park after the PL match and saw quite a few people heading home. I s'pose the prospect of an NL meeting after a 2 and a half first half was too much to take.

• Like 1

The new promoters at rye seem to have no sense of urgency in running meetings. Strung out parades, multiple tractor breaks and extended intervals just add to the experience of watching Speedway in a building site.

The new promoters at rye seem to have no sense of urgency in running meetings. Strung out parades, multiple tractor breaks and extended intervals just add to the experience of watching Speedway in a building site.

Building site aside that's no different to the Silver era.

Considering the Somerset team are mostly Elite ........!

SWINDON 52: Josh Grajczonek 13+1, Rohan Tungate 11+1, Charles Wright 10+2,

Thank you!

You calling me stupid?

Building site aside that's no different to the Silver era.

maybe they should have learned from last season. The lack of meetings and awful track conditions have made watching speedway at rye a chore for me this year. I hope things improve soon.

Interesting reading on here about supposed lack of development at Rye. I been twice this year and I think it's coming along ok tbh. These things take time and money to achieve and the new promotion have only been in charge a couple of months. I can only compare the growth of my club , Somerset with Rye. Every season in March when we opened something different had happened, changes to the pits, changing rooms and so on, until we have what we have now.

The new covered pits at Rye look great, the work done in the middle is coming on too. I think the racing has improved as well, not so much gate and go that used to make a visit to Rye a bore fest. I will agree the state of the track is at the moment is a bit of a downer, but good riders can ride any track imo.

New bosses, new season , get behind them and see how it's shaping up in a couple of seasons. We are doing great at the moment, it hasn't been an overnight thing and long may it continue, I can remember a time when we were always in the bottom half of the league.

Rye is a local club to me and I want them to succeed .

• Like 1

Is your name that?

I don't know, I'm stupid.

• Like 1

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm the result of heat 15 from a programme please?

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm the result of heat 15 from a programme please?

Tungate, Kennett, Robson, Grajczonek

Same as on updates