British Speedway Forum

We could all try playing nicely, much prefer people getting on than people trying to score points. We all have differing opinions, differing pasts but this thread would be so much better if it was a little lighter in feeling....which is pretty much what the intended purpose of the 'Massif' is at the track!

• Like 4

That is all you had to say and you could have saved a helluva lot off bandwidth.

You talk about saving bandwidth and then copy my post in full? Mmmmmh.

3 coffee's a couple of rounds of toast jesus you can waffle., if I wanted a book I could have gone to the library.. I find it amazing you find the time to watch any speedway

If I'd wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it. You don't have to read anything, especially on a Thread devoted to something unique to Ipswich Supporters.

No idea why anyone else has got involved in this? Oh yes, jealousy. Oh, and be amazed. Maybe I just have more personality and energy than you?

I couldn't understand this thread when it started, six pages later I`m just as clueless, maybe its a Suffolk thing.

Nobody asked you to, and clueless is probably correct. But if you were at Foxhall on Thursday, you would know. And when we get thanked in the local paper by our Skipper and in the programme by the Promoter and the Team Manager, it looks as if we are doing something right. Shouldn't expect you to grasp that though. I used to like your Posts. I wonder what happened?

My mams bigger than your mam....

Is she. Mmmmh, well what's that got to do with this Thread? Another who jumps on other Posts for no reason and adds nothing. Forename says it all.

As i said, silence would say so much more.

Dave, if only you read what you wrote, the world would be a quieter and richer place. (Look forward to being at Brough Park again on 18th. Can't vouch for my silence then though...)

In answer to any point, or item under discussion, macca has to get in his association with a former world star and sponsorship of young riders and programme heats. It clearly means a lot to HIM, as he seems to say it in answer to anything speedway.

And yes it does mean a lot to me Dave as without it, I wouldn't be involved in speedway Ask yourself, why did you get involved? Would you rather people not get involved? Oh no, then that would mean no sport at all. Mmmmmh.

So, does anyone else want to jump in now, or can us Ipswich Witches Supporters who use the BSF now be allowed to get on with what we do? Oh and yes, there is a Facebook page now to, but I wouldn't go mithering yourselves about viewing that. May lead to more jealousy. And yes, it is all actually meant to be a bit of fun.

Yes come on children, play nicely

It seems as though the Massif attracted a lot of big jealous kids.

I couldn't understand this thread when it started, six pages later I`m just as clueless, maybe its a Suffolk thing.

The basis of the 'Massif' (I have to grit my teeth every time I type that, gets my OCD going), is to have a feel good factor at speedway, to make noise, to make the riders feel appreciated etc....pretty much to have fun.

For me personally, it has made a difference. Before I joined them on the back straight I was one meeting away from never going again as the ones who used to attend with me have sadly all drifted away from the sport leaving me a Billy no mates at the track. After one particularly lonely meeting when I said never again, it was suggested to me that I join them the following week, so I did. I haven't had so much fun at speedway for years!

We all have some kind of instrument that makes a noise, there are balloons, big cut out faces of the riders, we do Witches war cries and there are cakes, sweets and goodness knows what other nice things being passed around but more importantly for me, I feel like I belong again and I no longer look like a mad woman talking to myself.

I know that is a serious answer to what was probably a jokey question but there you go, I can do serious too at times :lol:

• Like 5

Massif - definition of massif by The Free Dictionary

www.thefreedictionary.com/massif

1. A large mountain mass or compact group of connected mountains forming an independent portion of a range. 2. A large section or block of the earth's crust that is more rigid than the surrounding rock and has been moved or displaced as a unit. [French, massive, massif, from Old French; see massive.]

Urban Dictionary: massif

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=massif

4 Dec 2006 - Top Definition. massif. a word used in the rap and hip community in Britian to mean good or great. usally said twice in succession. "that song is ...

Massif | Define Massif at Dictionary.com

www.dictionary.com/browse/massif

Massif definition, a compact portion of a mountain range, containing one or more summits. See more.

And the stadium presenter comes over and sits amongst us.

Can't hear a word he says mind you.

• Like 1

And next week we are holding an old style British buffet. The more the merrier.

I think its great we have a bit more atmosphere at Foxhall , it is definitely a improvement on what we had at the start of the season. It must help that we have a team of guys that want to race for the club. Ben Joe and Danyon are certainly a huge factor in that. But I must say this thread is also very entertaining, a bit like a certain channel 5 program I was forced to watch. :neutral: Its her indoors you see. If winning a argument on a public forum is important to you then that's fine, go for it guys it keeps me entertained. Remember its a funny old world, one day cock of the walk the next a feather duster. :lol:

Edited by cuckootoyou
  • Like 1

It seems as though the Massif attracted a lot of big jealous kids.

Couldn't give a toss about the massif but fair play if that is what you want to do, but going by your post 92 above you seem to be having a go at almost anybody that has a differing opinion to you .Well iil give you a bit off advice if you don't like what you read don't read it as you seem to tell everybody else.

It is the same for everyone else as it is for you perhaps you should practice what you preach.

You have also personally attacked a poster in Screm who most off us have alway's found to be a very good poster, his crime for having his opinion clueless he is not it seems you are on a one man crusade against anyone who doesn't agree with your view as a forum differing opinions is what it is about.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

The Balloon rockets were popular and not just with the loons! It's a bit of fun.... a fun night out rather than just watching 15 heats of speedway...

Cocktail sausage anyone?

Pork pie?

Sausage rolls?

• Like 1

Massif - definition of massif by The Free Dictionary
www.thefreedictionary.com/massif
1. A large mountain mass or compact group of connected mountains forming an independent portion of a range. 2. A large section or block of the earth's crust that is more rigid than the surrounding rock and has been moved or displaced as a unit. [French, massive, massif, from Old French; see massive.]
Urban Dictionary: massif
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=massif
4 Dec 2006 - Top Definition. massif. a word used in the rap and hip community in Britian to mean good or great. usally said twice in succession. "that song is ...
Massif | Define Massif at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/massif
Massif definition, a compact portion of a mountain range, containing one or more summits. See more.

I think you are trying to change the argument. Nobody is actually challenging the 'massif', it is YOU who is constantly bagging on about what YOU do for the sport and YOUR connections. Don't try and change what others are commenting on. Self praise is no recommendation.

• Like 1

The basis of the 'Massif' (I have to grit my teeth every time I type that, gets my OCD going), is to have a feel good factor at speedway, to make noise, to make the riders feel appreciated etc....pretty much to have fun.

For me personally, it has made a difference. Before I joined them on the back straight I was one meeting away from never going again as the ones who used to attend with me have sadly all drifted away from the sport leaving me a Billy no mates at the track. After one particularly lonely meeting when I said never again, it was suggested to me that I join them the following week, so I did. I haven't had so much fun at speedway for years!

We all have some kind of instrument that makes a noise, there are balloons, big cut out faces of the riders, we do Witches war cries and there are cakes, sweets and goodness knows what other nice things being passed around but more importantly for me, I feel like I belong again and I no longer look like a mad woman talking to myself.

I know that is a serious answer to what was probably a jokey question but there you go, I can do serious too at times :lol:

Glad you are enjoying our company sue. When we are having fun it takes away how boring and dragged out a meeting can be. With all the fun and banter it seems to make the speedway far more exciting.

• Like 2

Certainly was dragged out on Thursday and apart from Steady's efforts, it was pretty boring.

I don't think the bumpiness of Foxholes helps the racing there but it has certainly improved Ippo's form and results.