British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Rye House 5/8/16 @7.30pm

Can't remember a time when Jim McGregor wasn't referee when I've been up here. Is he here every week?

£2 parking

£17 admission

£2.80 programme.

I thought it was cheaper up north?

ive said many times its unbelievable how many times edinburgh's no8 jim mcgregor gets to ref for there meetings home or away

• Like 2

ive said many times its unbelievable how many times edinburgh's no8 jim mcgregor gets to ref for there meetings home or away

Isn't he in charge of referee allocation?

I was right it was Lanham. Nice grub at Edinburgh Shads?

M & S ham sandwich and a bag of crisps

Well we certainly made hard work of that tonight, just as well it was only Rye house. Pass marks to Sam and the reserves, mark was the worst I've seen him, Kevin and Ryan were both slow and Erik didn't get going till his last ride.

Special mention to Eddie Kennett thought he was brilliant tonight very entertaining to watch.

Must add glad to see all the boys walk away unharmed from those nasty crashes tonight especially the first one with Fisher and Riss. Both boys bikes were wrecked after that one.

Finally over after 2 hours and 15 minutes - no kids race, no additional entertainment, just 15 heats of speedway. Those in attendance were treated to 7 reruns but I suppose that's what happens when you mix rain with a trick track.

Not bad considering we had a few re-runs, two massive crashes and a rain delay. Still quicker than a standard Sunday at Ashfield I suppose.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2

He told me on Sunday rider safety was parramount and if there had been a fatallity in the last race it would be down to him. Must just be dangerous when the Moanarchs are getting pumped.

• Like 3

Can't remember a time when Jim McGregor wasn't referee when I've been up here. Is he here every week?

£2 parking

£17 admission

£2.80 programme.

Good job you didn't try the local chippie , they have the audacity to charge 4p for a cheap and nasty plastic fork.

Tonight was the 2nd meeting Jim McGregor has been the referee at Armadale this season, that's hardly above average is it!! Edited by spt82
  • Like 4

Tonight was the 2nd meeting Jim McGregor has been the referee at Armadale this season, that's hardly above average is it!!

He's also been in charge of at least 3 away meetings as well...

Damn rain, spoiled a great meeting. Nip and tuck all the way with neither team giving up. Nice to see and hear the Rye House fans enjoying themselves - enjoy the rest of your tour folks

Hope all the crash victims are ok today..... Quite a few bikes needing repairs tho' I guess

Damn rain, spoiled a great meeting. Nip and tuck all the way with neither team giving up. Nice to see and hear the Rye House fans enjoying themselves - enjoy the rest of your tour folks

Hope all the crash victims are ok today..... Quite a few bikes needing repairs tho' I guess

Track held up well after the shower. Last time I came up only saw 2 heats, so I was well happy with 15. I'd have taken a draw before the meeting, but with a 3-3 instead of that 3-2 we'd have got that draw.

Shads, on 05 Aug 2016 - 7:02 PM, said:Shads, on 05 Aug 2016 - 7:02 PM, said:

£2 parking

£17 admission

£2.80 programme.

Next time you're up book in advance and save some money. :)https://tickets.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/book-tickets

Edited by quasartech

I believe so.

Noted for next time. Cheers both

Not bad considering we had a few re-runs, two massive crashes and a rain delay. Still quicker than a standard Sunday at Ashfield I suppose.

I can only assume you pay in every week to ashfield so that you can make such an 'informed' :rofl::rofl: opinion

• Like 1