British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
E I Addio

Lakeside-v- Belle Vue 5 Th August.

Excellent result for Belle vue that. We would of won with a full team. We are very strong away this season.

6 points clear at the top now.

2 bad 5-1s to give away at the end there. Belle Vue are a very good side get yer money on em for the league.

Edited by Vincent Vega
  • Like 1

At L/Side with 6 riders and still get a point is a great result, Pity Zagar couldn't be bothered.

An impressive performance by the Aces tonight. Zagar would have scored more than we got from r/r but to be fair so would Kennett. However, I feel confident that Fricke on present form would have done better than Morris.

Another away point gained to consolidate our position at the top of the league.

Might be alright for old gits like me and you who are die hards--but how are you going to get younger ones interested from what i've seen most EL riders are disengaged from most fans and have hardly any interaction at all and are gone as soon as possible from the track--but if you're happy with that fair enough.

There is certainly interaction with the fans at BV. Last year at Kirky Lane the riders used to walk through the crowd on the terraces at the end of the meeting to chat, pose for photographs and give autographs. That is not practical with the all seater grandstand at the NSS but we now have after meeting press conferences in the Peter Craven suite which riders attend, on Wednesday it was Zagar, Cook and Jacobs and fans can ask questions and later take photos and get autographs. So far they have been popular, plenty of fans have stayed behind to attend.

Anyone coming to the NSS who is not impressed with the standard of racing on offer is never going to like speedway.

• Like 2

2 bad 5-1s to give away at the end there. Belle Vue are a very good side get yer money on em for the league.

....and make the bookies happy.

Lakeside obviously decided to gift Bell Vue a point, not sure it's a great result for Belle Vue, Poole beat Lakeside with a team of PL riders!

Of course its a good point, lakeside are excellent at home and its probably our worst away track, with our number 1 missing. Not everything is about bloody Poole.

• Like 4

....and make the bookies happy.

Lakeside obviously decided to gift Bell Vue a point, not sure it's a great result for Belle Vue, Poole beat Lakeside with a team of PL riders!

You can sense the anxiety and the realisation that a new era is dawning. :lol:

• Like 4

Well, well, well, I didn't expect that. Zagars absence levelled the playing field, gave the Kennet-less Hammers an olive branch that they grabbed and probably cost the Aces the MAtch, but along the line it produced s very tense and from Laakesides perspective exciting meeting. Everybody tried hard, everybody had a slice of the action at some stage. And there was plenty of passing. You can't ask that from any of the riders ( well some of the usual moaners would but not your normal fan).

I have to say I went with a heavy heart when I knew Kennett would be missing but full marks to all the riders for putting on an entertaining meeting.

Lakeside breath a sigh of relief as they claim the three points to keep their play off hopes alive, Belle Vue deservedly get a point, All those that went should be happy with that.

Some excellent reserve switches by Kelvin so that Rob Mear only had to beat Joe Jacobs in three of his races, but very well done to Rob and Lewi Kerr who tore the form book up in heat 12 to put 5-1 over Richie Worrall that effectively sealed the match for Lakeside.

At L/Side with 6 riders and still get a point is a great result, Pity Zagar couldn't be bothered.

Lakeside also only had six riders!

Very good rides by Craig Cook. During the grading he was talking with AJ. I wonder if he was being told how the ride the track because he pretty much followed AJs wide line from then on. So it can be done if you try :lol:

Lewis Kerr tried it but ran out of track but persevered. As for Robert, was given a kick up the a**e because he looked a different rider? I've never quite understood how he's kept his place for so long. but he looked better tonight. Is it a case of EL or nothing?

Excellent point for the Aces tonight. At the halfway point couldn't see us getting anything from this one, at probably our least favourite away track.

Suddenly Cookie found the quick way round Lakeside, giving the quality Nicholls & battling Worrall twins the backing they needed. Rode a brilliant line to keep a fast charging AJ at bay in heat 15 to help the skipper seal the 5-1.

The much-maligned,in some quarters, Lakeside track produced some good racing tonight, AJ & Scott Nicholls at the heart of much of it. The battle between Nick Morris & AJ was particularly good.

So another point towards the playoffs for the Aces. Nice to see the interest in, & concern for, the Aces on here from some of our friends in Dorset. There's really no need, we're doing just fine thanks. ♣️ ☺️

• Like 2

Oh come on that night the Lakeside riders clearly weren't happy with the track hardly takes a quantum physics scientist o work that result out! Good result for Aces and proves Belle Vue Poole and Wolves are strong units over two legs against anyone other side

• Like 1

Of course its a good point, lakeside are excellent at home and its probably our worst away track, with our number 1 missing. Not everything is about bloody Poole.

But it is about finishing top and only Poole can catch Belle Vue. Thought Belle Vue would walk this even without Zagar considering Lakeside were without Kennett, who is always good for double figures. They woke up for the last two heats but that was after the horse had bolted. Can't understand Belle Vue fans happy with a losers point. If Poole had done this I would be gutted and angry!

You can sense the anxiety and the realisation that a new era is dawning. :lol:

Poole don't do anxiety. We have been there so many times and won so many titles in recent seasons. We can't win it every year that would be ridiculous but there's nothing to say about not winning it this year. With Poole riding at Belle Vue probably three times in September, we will certainly be dialled in to the quickest way around. And with a Poole team full of racers Belle Vue are not the threat. Wolves with their trick track are a far more formidable opponent with their home track advantage. They could smash anyone around Monmore.

• Like 1

But it is about finishing top and only Poole can catch Belle Vue.

Wolves have 6 home matches so it's not impossible for us either.

However with the Aces having a match in hand and 6 home matches to come as well its unlikely they might suffer a late season collapse.

Poole are in an even better place with the meetings in hand. Winning those meetings in hand is a different thing however.

You have 6 away meetings to, it's assuming you can get something out of those matches.

If you do then it makes Poole and the Aces overwhelming favourites for the final.

Belle Vue still the team of the year so far.