British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 10/08/16 Elite Lgea

I can't understand why people go on a topic on a speedway forum to comment on a league and a match they don't like

Because I have the right to do so. Okay with that?

Well what can I say about that?

I go to speedway to watch was is meant to be two relatively evenly matched teams racing flat out to entertain the fans.

Well, we got that on one side. Poole went out and did their job. But the opposition were rubbish to a man.

When Schlein broke down at the tapes, he walked slowly back to the pits, knowing full well he had to go off 15 or there would be three riders. He couldn't be arsed to come out leaving poor Morely to battle alone.

A good crowd, including two very sorry looking Kings Lynn fans witnessed an absolute drubbing. Having said that the Poole boys didn't gate every heat and had to battle through quite often.

For Poole

Holder was immaculate. Led on a couple of occassions but in the lead by the end of lap one.

Ellis was very good. Saw off Harris quite easily and should have beaten Lambert and Batchelor but chose the wrong line off bend two and the two kl riders rode him out team riding.

Buck and Hans did their jobs,

Kurtz was motm as far as I am concerned. Rode the best I have seen him in a while.

Newman rode superb.

Bjarne was untouchable.

For Kings Lynn

Harris was poor but for one ride.

Schlein had one good ride when he got around Newman. But poor overall

Batchelor ditto. Just couldn't live with the Poole boys

Lambert had one win with both Buck and Hans climbing all over him. But that was all he did.

Both reserves were outclassed. Morely tried his heart out but Newman and Bjarne were too good for both Kings Lynn boys.

So three points to move us into second in the league. Would the score have been much different had Iversen rode? Doubt we would have hit 60. But I don't think Huckenbeck would have troubled our lads.

It will be totally different tomorrow.

Bjarne untouchable???? In all his races he rode against Rose and Morley in three of them and Morley on his own in the other won after Schlein was excluded, so never rode against any of KL's top four!!!!! If he can't beat the reserves in everyone of his races,he should retire!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

While i am not happy at seeing Lynns line-up tonight,you will find the ones most critical are the ones they don't go very much at all.Although i don't know whether Starboy118 does.But he is pretty much correct where people are getting fed up with this sort of crap.

Just for the record, I first went to speedway at Norwich Firs in the early 60's. Over the past few years, I have witnessed what was a relatively enjoyable sport to watch turn into a farcical shambles with no-one being able or willing to do anything about it. I wasn't there (and won't be again until there are major improvements) but can anyone get satisfaction out of seeing a match like this? If you do, good luck to you. I would rather stay at home and get better entertainment

watching my paint dry and grass grow. We all work hard for our money (I assume) and I'm not spending mine on rubbish like this.

• Like 5

Poole flexing their PO muscles. And increasing their averages, so who will be dumped for the PO terminator THJ?

• Like 1

The title favourites showing exactly why they are hot odds on favourites. Any team that can be weakened and still win at Lakeside where Belle Vue lost are hot hot favourites. Love the Shovlar match report about Bjarne lol only beat reserves!!

Well I have nothing really too say lol

Poole flexing their PO muscles. And increasing their averages, so who will be dumped for the PO terminator THJ?

The PO Terminator haha I love it

Because he is a number 8 and not allowed to go at reserve like all the other foreign riders that do so.Crazy when riders of a higher calibre are allowed to.

So you can have R/r for a No8 that is unavailable ,that should be exploited more next season!!

In truth it wasn't r/r for Huckenbeck it was r/c. Huckenbeck was at the track and only notified by the German federation that his licence was suspended approx 3 hours before start-time.

NB. I see the Stars are seeking to use Huckenbeck in place of the 'unavailable again' NKI tonight?! Morley stays at reserve alongside Jacobsen with Rose moving up into the 1-5!!

Because he is a number 8 and not allowed to go at reserve like all the other foreign riders that do so.Crazy when riders of a higher calibre are allowed to.

Thats not the rule. The rule says your number 8 can only replace a 1-5 rider. It's like saying, "All pregnant people are women. So all women must be pregnant"

If the Chairman of the league doesn't know the rules, what chance has the other mere mortals.. The rules are so complex, nobody cares anymore....

Looking on the bright side, R/R must be more positive than using Huckenbeck, cant remember the last time he beat somebody. With any other team he'd been dropped weeks ago..... :t:

You slate riders without knowing what's going on behind the scenes....... you obviously haven't seen what he has done abroad in the last week with new engines.

3rd in the first round of the European championships , 21 points in two matches for Bydgoszcz.

The German federation in their wisdom decided at 10.30am Wednesday to email Kai that he was banned effective immediately for not being able to get his equipment to Latvia for the European pairs. There were two other riders that qualified Germany for the final but then said they couldn't ride because they were doing long track. Kai was then told to do it with one weeks notice to organise his gear to get there. It is a 20 hour drive and with no one available he informed them it was impossible. The guys doing long track have not been banned by the way. The whole day was spent trying to sort this mess out with the ban being on off several times until 4.30 pm when it was the final decision. Kai was at the meeting at Poole ready to ride!!

• Like 3

You slate riders without knowing what's going on behind the scenes....... you obviously haven't seen what he has done abroad in the last week with new engines.

3rd in the first round of the European championships , 21 points in two matches for Bydgoszcz.

The German federation in their wisdom decided at 10.30am Wednesday to email Kai that he was banned effective immediately for not being able to get his equipment to Latvia for the European pairs. There were two other riders that qualified Germany for the final but then said they couldn't ride because they were doing long track. Kai was then told to do it with one weeks notice to organise his gear to get there. It is a 20 hour drive and with no one available he informed them it was impossible. The guys doing long track have not been banned by the way. The whole day was spent trying to sort this mess out with the ban being on off several times until 4.30 pm when it was the final decision. Kai was at the meeting at Poole ready to ride!!

I am no doubt of Huckenbeck ability and am aware of his form abroad, but please don't imagine that is the same rider we have had to endure these past months. His form in Elite is nothing more than scandalous. After an impressive first month this season he has done nothing to warrant any selection. We went weeks without scoring a point. Its because of his form abroad and his obvious ability, it really annoys the fans, the way he performs here. If he not prepared to perform than its better he stays away.....

The Poole riders made it as entertaining as possible - but it was a foregone conclusion from the outset which is not good in any sport. I admire the Poole management trying to boost interest in the Leicester home match - £10 entry 1 child free - music - noise makers etc. But what about season ticket holders who put money up front and get no benefit from the reductions - one free play off meeting maybe?? It would be a nice gesture for loyalty

Harris was riding with suspected broken ribs whilst guesting for King's Lynn. Most riders would have pulled out but he didn't want to let them down

Harris was riding with suspected broken ribs whilst guesting for King's Lynn. Most riders would have pulled out but he didn't want to let them down

What a hero. Always an excuse for him coming from you!!

Thought he was injured, one race he was 1/4 lap behind everyone else! Wonder if he tried to pull out but KL couldn't get anyone?