British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

So Who Is Going To Win The El In 2016?

Other than Lakeside who were missing AJ belle Vue haven't really hammered anyone at home.Leicester gave us a scare so you can see Poole doing well.Everyone coming to the NSS seems to ride it well.This has produced some great racing but not much if any home advantage.For that reason Belle Vue won't be favourites over Poole despite the spin coming from Dorset.I still think Wolves could win it though.

As an Aces fan I'm concerned about Wolves 'cause they are good and Poole 'cause they cheat.

Do you think the Poole lads won't like Belle Vue? I should think they will thrive in the open wide conditions. They can go there as the underdogs knowing they can beat this seasons favourites.

Belle Vue have lived up to their expectations, winning on the road as well as at home, while Poole have only won at Swindon and Lakeside with a draw at Leicester. We still have plenty of opportunities for points away from home. Kings Lynn twice, Belle Vue twice, Leicester, Swindon as well as going to Wolves.

Not sure why Belle Vue fans and fans from other clubs don't want to label Belle Vue as title favourites. They have proved they are and its a mantle Poole have enjoyed carrying.

But this year we have musfired while Belle Vue gave ridden above their expectations. Clear favourites for the title. Only problem for them is will they manage it in 2016 or fail again like last year?

With Wolves home advantage also in the mix as playoff spoilers this is leading up to an explosive title race. Let battle commence!

But you dont troll lol

Just so you understand:

Belle Vue have never been favourites for the title

Belle Vue are still not favourites for the league

Poole were odds on favourites at the start of the season

Poole still are odds on favourites for the title

Fans from ALL clubs except Poole know that Poole are favourites. Only people who lack intelligence or troll would dispute the fact

Leicester City led the premier league going into the last 8 weeks of the season yet Arsenal and Spurs were shorter in the betting!!

Correct that Leicester went on to win but they were not favourites until with about 4 games to go.

Poole are still overwhelming favourites, thats not an opinion its a fact. One that somehow escapes you.

Belle Vue or Wolves could win the title and personally i think Belle Vue are a good price.

You never see a poor bookie and thats why Poole are still huge favourites and if they cant win it this year when their biggest challenger has had to get used to a track with no advantage then Poole will have thrown it away

Edited by Gavan

Why is that? Surely Poole will want to win the title in front of our own fans. Do you think you are nailed on to finish top?

Not nailed on but Poole have got to pick up at least 15 points away less any Belle Vue drop at home to overtake us. I would say we are in the much stronger position.

Our away performances show how strong we are. If we had the sort of home advantage Poole have we would be uncatchable.

• Like 1

As I posted earlier in response to Gavan, he has passed more riders this year but I'm talking over his whole career. How many riders did he pass at Leicester?? :D

But you dont troll lol

Just so you understand:

Belle Vue have never been favourites for the title

Belle Vue are still not favourites for the league

Poole were odds on favourites at the start of the season

Poole still are odds on favourites for the title

Fans from ALL clubs except Poole know that Poole are favourites. Only people who lack intelligence or troll would dispute the fact

Leicester City led the premier league going into the last 8 weeks of the season yet Arsenal and Spurs were shorter in the betting!!

Correct that Leicester went on to win but they were not favourites until with about 4 games to go.

Poole are still overwhelming favourites, thats not an opinion its a fact. One that somehow escapes you.

Belle Vue or Wolves could win the title and personally i think Belle Vue are a good price.

You never see a poor bookie and thats why Poole are still huge favourites and if they cant win it this year when their biggest challenger has had to get used to a track with no advantage then Poole will have thrown it away

Nice try Gavan, but it doesn't cut it! Team who finishes top will be favourites as they are the best team over the whole season.

Nice try Gavan, but it doesn't cut it! Team who finishes top will be favourites as they are the best team over the whole season.

According to the bookies Gavan is correct.They have Poole down as favourites :wink: .

• Like 1

According to the bookies Gavan is correct.They have Poole down as favourites :wink: .

I don't go with the bookies! Start of 09 season they had us as faves, so shows how much they know! :D Edited by lisa-colette

I don't go with the bookies! Start of 09 season they had us as faves, so shows how much they know! :D

Think they know enough,they seem to make plenty of money :wink:

• Like 1

As I posted earlier in response to Gavan, he has passed more riders this year but I'm talking over his whole career. How many riders did he pass at Leicester?? :D

Coventry were Top of the league for most of last season and winning easily home & away but come August we had injuries tand then lost Kylmakorpi and it all went downhill.

Anything can happen as you know. However I think this is one of the closest we have had at the top with Belle Vue, Poole & Wolves all looking capable.

Personally i would like Belle Vue to win.But the fact Poole started the season with the best reserves as a pairing,and will finish the season with the best reserves that is the biggest factor in making them favourites.

As an Aces fan I'm concerned about Wolves 'cause they are good and Poole 'cause they cheat.

Can't help yourself Ouch can you?

If Wolves can get to the final they are quite capable of beating Poole or BV over 2 legs. Getting to and winning the semi final, that's another matter entirely. :D

Edited by Wolfsbane

Less concerned tonight I'd imagine.

nothing to do with nice try. Fact is Poole have been favourites since March and they still are. Why do Poole fans not believe in facts??

Belle Vue for me, look strong at all positions and very capable away from home too. Think over 2 legs, they will be the favourites despite not having much of a home advantage.