British Speedway Forum

But Rosco said on TV that most of those things are in place - not only for the team GB 'squad' but all those in the Poultec scheme as well

Mmmmm

Who do we believe? Tai who is proud to ride for his country and wants it to progress or a governing body and so called mouth piece who have failed to deliver what's been required for 15 years or more??

If it was all in place I see no logical reason why Tai would now choose to walk away. It defies any logic!

• Like 1

Mmmmm

Who do we believe? Tai who is proud to ride for his country and wants it to progress or a governing body and so called mouth piece who have failed to deliver what's been required for 15 years or more??

If it was all in place I see no logical reason why Tai would now choose to walk away. It defies any logic!

So you think Rosco was lying live on TV :shock:

BTW he didn't say it was ALL in place and neither did I :wink: I remember him saying something else I think along the lines that some things that Tai wanted are simply not possible but I could be wrong and that could have been on the EDP podcast

As for walking away now. It's obvious that GB will not be seeded to the final in 2017 and will have to qualify and possibly not make it so Tai would gain no benefit from competing. The same probably applies to 2018 as well so maybe that's the logic for him walking away now. Who knows

Edited by Star Lady

So you think Rosco was lying live on TV :shock:

BTW he didn't say it was ALL in place and neither did I :wink: I remember him saying something else I think along the lines that some things that Tai wanted are simply not possible but I could be wrong and that could have been on the EDP podcast

As for walking away now. It's obvious that GB will not be seeded to the final in 2017 and will have to qualify and possibly not make it so Tai would gain no benefit from competing. The same probably applies to 2018 as well so maybe that's the logic for him walking away now. Who knows

Someone is lying, and my money is on it not being Tai!

Tai has gained no benefit from competing in every year he has previously completed so it's nothing new.

Clearly something has happened (or not likely to happen) to prompt this sudden announcement. Maybe that may become clear in the near future.

what you said about diet Steve have you noticed how big bomber seems compared to say Greg and Tai. I think this is one area Tai knows Team GB has to improve on

• Like 1

what you said about diet Steve have you noticed how big bomber seems compared to say Greg and Tai. I think this is one area Tai knows Team GB has to improve on

Bomber wears extra protection. Trust me I've spoke to him a few times before meetings, there isn't much of him at all. Same with the others.

Edited by woz01

oh right, nige said the other week at gp hed stopped wearing it, my mistake then apologies to bomber

oh right, nige said the other week at gp hed stopped wearing it, my mistake then apologies to bomber

Was he was on about the protection that inflated on impact? Not wore that in a while. Think he's wearing something else now.

It obviously suits Sky, Wolverhampton and the Wolves fans also. The guy is World Champion, of course he does things to suit his professional ambitions. That's what top sportsmen do...

The real mark of a top speedway rider is surely that he wears a shirt and tie, knows all the words to the national anthem, doesn't swear and has no piercings or tatoos. Extra kudos for princess Diana / Queen mum tribute on his Kevlars.

Was he was on about the protection that inflated on impact? Not wore that in a while. Think he's wearing something else now.

Having been "up close" to Bomber when machine examining, I can confirm he is very lean indeed, he is no longer wearing a "personal" bouncy castle, but does wear some bulky protection, and don't forget, he's only 5"5 when he wakes up in the morning, so often when Kevlared up, does look bulky...

Bit like me!!

• Like 1

Bomber wears extra protection. Trust me I've spoke to him a few times before meetings, there isn't much of him at all. Same with the others.

I'm surprised more riders don't wear extra protection with Nicki around. :wink:

The real mark of a top speedway rider is surely that he wears a shirt and tie, knows all the words to the national anthem, doesn't swear and has no piercings or tatoos. Extra kudos for princess Diana / Queen mum tribute on his Kevlars.

He does wear a shirt and tie. The trouble is he then spoils it by also wearing a baseball cap back to front!

• Like 1

We still don't know the facts so perhaps not wise to be forming judgements. We do know that we have the Poultec programme up and running, the Young Lions set up being supported by the BSPA and the pre season training camp in Croatia paid for by the BSPA, so certainly not true to say nothing is being done.

What I do dispute is that Woffinden is unequivocally best placed to determine what we should be doing because he is presently our best rider. He may be but equally, he may only know what works best for him and that may not work for others. Cook has a fitness programme, it may not be what Woffinden does but may be better suited to Cook.

It has not usually been the best riders who have made the best administrators, managers or trainers. Rosco and Middleditch, not a former World Champion, were chosen as national team managers and the most successful training programme to date was run by Dent Oliver,a good rider but never World Champion.

The point is that determining how best to produce the next crop of world class riders requires different skills than being the best rider. Tai may have those abilities but it is certainly not a given that he does. My guess is that if you asked a group of world class riders you would get different answers as to what GB should do. I am sure that Tai would make a valuable contribution and should be listened to but that does not necessarily mean doing everything he wants.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 5

don't necessarily agree that Bomber is all that big however he could learn from Tai regards diet plans and machinery prep.

We still don't know the facts so perhaps not wise to be forming judgements. We do know that we have the Poultec programme up and running, the Young Lions set up being supported by the BSPA and the pre season training camp in Croatia paid for by the BSPA, so certainly not true to say nothing is being done.

What I do dispute is that Woffinden is unequivocally best placed to determine what we should be doing because he is presently our best rider. He may be but equally, he may only know what works best for him and that may not work for others. Cook has a fitness programme, it may not be what Woffinden does but may be better suited to Cook.

It has not usually been the best riders who have made the best administrators, managers or trainers. Rosco and Middleditch, not a former World Champion, were chosen as national team managers and the most successful training programme to date was run by Dent Oliver,a good rider but never World Champion.

The point is that determining how best to produce the next crop of world class riders requires different skills than being the best rider. Tai may have those abilities but it is certainly not a given that he does. My guess is that if you asked a group of world class riders you would get different answers as to what GB should do. I am sure that Tai would make a valuable contribution and should be listened to but that does not necessarily mean doing everything he wants.

Also a valid point.

I'd also add the BSPA could still talk to a dozen world class riders and probably end up still not doing enough.

This is not a new phenomenon let's face it but they are doing more in the past 12 months but clearly not enough.

obviously when I said bomber looks a bit big I was comparing him to greg and tai and not myself :wink:

• Like 1

Met Bomber when he was at Glasgow and couldn't believe the size of him, small and very lean but very powerful looking upper body - not an ounce of fat on him

• Like 1

Peter Adams is the guest at the NSSC tomorrow night.

I don't know if he'd be willing to discuss Tai beyond his signing for Wolves but he's been very close to him for many years.

Besides that Peter was very entertaining last year with tales of the many World Champions he has worked with. Smuggling a passport less Bruce Penhall over the German border in the boot of his car was one of the highlights! Peter has a very sharp wit, totally different to his on screen (SKY) persona. We are in for a treat.

All proceeds go to Neil Vatcher and his Young Lions. Only £3 for non-members, everybody welcome.

http://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk