British Speedway Forum

Is back for Wolves, confirmed by his official website.

Press & News

WOFFINDEN A WOLF AGAIN!

TAI Woffinden has answered a surprise birthday call from his British club Wolverhampton and is on his way back to British racing for the rest of the season!

The reigning world champion celebrated his 26th birthday on Wednesday and was pleased to answer the phone to Chris Van Straaten, the man who took him into British Elite League racing in 2009.

He will make an emotional return to Monmore Green for their vital clash with Lakeside on Monday week, August 22.

Said Woffinden: Im in Sweden right now and it was nice of Chris to call me and wish me happy birthday but he then asked if Id be interested in going back there to help their title push for the rest of the season.

Theyve had a good season so far, Ive still been following their results, and if I was going to ride again in Britain then it was always going to be for my parent club.

I cant think of anybody better to ride for Chris and Pete Adams are my mates and Im pleased to go back there to try and help us win a gold medal.

This is a good opportunity for me and Im really hoping its a move which will benefit both Wolverhampton and myself.

Ill be giving it everything Ive got to try and help us win the league, weve got some important meetings coming up and Im looking forward to it.

Wolverhampton team boss Peter Adams, who worked alongside Woffinden for three years on the Grand Prix circuit, said: This is an opportunity we simply had to take and personally Im looking forward to working with Tai again.

I will say, however, that the signing of Tai still doesnt guarantee us the title. We have to work hard as a team but to have the opportunity to bring in the world champion is something we cannot refuse.

We hope Tai can play his part in getting us over the line. Weve had a tremendous season so far and hopefully this will spur us on for the last push and the play-offs.

I believe this is a move which any other club in the league would have made had it been possible, we are pleased to make it happen and we welcome Tai back.

• Like 1

Someone was a little desperately excited to get the news on the forum first they keeps hitting to 'Post' button a bit too often :lol:

• Like 1

Well this signed turns Wolves into playoff semi finialists to clear favourites over Belle Vue who must be gutted after all the hard work they have done in 2016.

To Stick with the same one to seven all season, only to see another club bring a ringer in at the death to take the title away must irk.

Pooles chances of reaching the final now have reduced dramically. It's in the rules but is hardly within the spirit of the sport. Personally bringing in ringers for the playoffs like this should be against the rules.

Just my opinion.

• Like 7

Well this signed turns Wolves into playoff semi finialists to clear favourites over Belle Vue who must be gutted after all the hard work they have done in 2016.

To Stick with the same one to seven all season, only to see another club bring a ringer in at the death to take the title away must irk.

Pooles chances of reaching the final now have reduced dramically. It's in the rules but is hardly within the spirit of the sport. Personally bringing in ringers for the playoffs like this should be against the rules.

Just my opinion.

No irony to see here.

• Like 5

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.

nobody mention Greg Hancock

• Like 3

It might be in the rules but its a complete farce.

Feel sorry for the rider who has to move aside to make way for TW, the rider(s) who has supported the team all year.

• Like 8

Just my opinion.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Feel sorry for the rider who has to move aside to make way for TW, the rider(s) who has supported the team all year.

I totally agree with you, I want to see Tai committing to our league but not like this, how unfair on Kylmakorpi ....
  • Like 1

How can it be a complete farce ?...He`s a Wolves asset coming in on a lower average than the rider he is replacing !

• Like 2

Just my opinion.

Stop belly-aching. We weren't complaining when we brought Greg in a few years back. It's about time some more teams started playing like we do. We're being beaten at our game in style. Good on em. :t:

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 6

I remember when shov was up in arms when poole brought greg hancock in for the play offs the other year lol

For the very badly injured Chris Holder.