British Speedway Forum

The BSPA don't do themselves any favours do they? You try to be balanced and not jump to conclusions as there's nearly always 2 sides to every story even though we reckon we know the issues. Not a dickie bird on their website. Woffinden's equally at fault for not detailing the reasons for his decision. Result ----> confusion and wild speculation.

Edited by Wolfsbane

We still don't know the facts so perhaps not wise to be forming judgements. We do know that we have the Poultec programme up and running, the Young Lions set up being supported by the BSPA and the pre season training camp in Croatia paid for by the BSPA, so certainly not true to say nothing is being done.

I heard that wasn't paid for,maybe why a few riders didn't turn up.

• Like 1

The BSPA don't do themselves any favours do they? You try to be balanced and not jump to conclusions as there's nearly always 2 sides to every story even though we reckon we know the issues. Not a dickie bird on their website. Woffinden's equally at fault for not detailing the reasons for his decision. Result ----> confusion and wild speculation.

Not sure why the BSPA would put any statement up ...thou they get plenty of stick they are quite right of not getting into a public spat with someone ..if Woffy got some beef he should sort in out with them rather than going public on twitter etc ....Woffiden's at fault all round here

• Like 1

I heard that wasn't paid for,maybe why a few riders didn't turn up.

I've not heard that. It has certainly been reported that the BSPA paid for it and didn't Rosco say the same when on TV for the Swedish GP, I think on the Saturday when they were filling time before it was called off or, did I imagine that. Tai said he didn't go to Croatia because he had already made other arrangements to be elsewhere, nothing to do with money.

You also have to consider the EL clubs running NL teams. It certainly isn't being done to make money, maybe in the hope they produce British talent for their EL side but that also feeds into Team GB.

Plainly more can be done but my point is that it is untrue to claim, as some have, that nothing is being done by the BSPA.

• Like 1

Not sure why the BSPA would put any statement up ...thou they get plenty of stick they are quite right of not getting into a public spat with someone ..if Woffy got some beef he should sort in out with them rather than going public on twitter etc ....Woffiden's at fault all round here

Issuing a press release to explain their side of the story is not 'getting into a public spat'. Knowing speedway fans as we do you can guarantee that 'Tai said it so it must be true' is the prevalent attitude out there. The fact that the BSPA has a track record for cock ups as long as your arm will only confirm that in the sheeple's minds. Far be it from me to defend Woffinden but I fail to see how paying all your own expenses to ride in the SWC final puts him at fault.

• Like 1

i think we can all be clear..

if something is on Tai's mind he will just come out with it yes he hasnt given us all the details but i think the comments "i have had enough of being taken for a mug or being mugged off" and "i wish i could buy the BSPA and run it like i run my business"

pretty much tells you where the blame lies.. but the BSPA wont tell you yes we didnt want to go with any of his plans because it will cost money etc.. or whatever the BSPA told Tai..

What we can be sure of is that this has to do with what Tai wants for the good of British speedway and what he has learnt and improved in himself while riding away from this country and in the GP series.

if its bike prep... training... etc etc... all to help the younger riders come through and be the best they can be with the guidance of a two time world champion who wants what is best for british speedway.

you know what he does throw his toys out but that just shows how passionate he is about getting what he thinks is the best for the growth of british speedway and the long term future of us climbing up the SWC ladder and the futures of the next generation of british rider.

• Like 1

i think we can all be clear..

if something is on Tai's mind he will just come out with it yes he hasnt given us all the details but i think the comments "i have had enough of being taken for a mug or being mugged off" and "i wish i could buy the BSPA and run it like i run my business"

pretty much tells you where the blame lies.. but the BSPA wont tell you yes we didnt want to go with any of his plans because it will cost money etc.. or whatever the BSPA told Tai..

What we can be sure of is that this has to do with what Tai wants for the good of British speedway and what he has learnt and improved in himself while riding away from this country and in the GP series.

if its bike prep... training... etc etc... all to help the younger riders come through and be the best they can be with the guidance of a two time world champion who wants what is best for british speedway.

you know what he does throw his toys out but that just shows how passionate he is about getting what he thinks is the best for the growth of british speedway and the long term future of us climbing up the SWC ladder and the futures of the next generation of british rider.

I quite agree with all of that. How anyone can question Tai's commitment to British speedway as a whole over the past 4 or 5 years is beyond me. And before the usual suspects start, not riding in the British Final has nothing to do with wanting the very best for up and coming British riders....which is obviously something Tai feels passionately about.

Have you seen any British riders publicly say anything negative about Tai? No, but plenty (especially the younger riders) have stated how Tai has helped them.

Tai is the first British rider to seriously try to get the BSPA to change their ways and improve things for the future, but they seem intent on remaining the obstinate bunch of buffoons they have been for donkeys. Just about everyone is in agreement that British speedway needs a monumental shake up so Tai has given that a go - but yet a number on here are berating him for trying to do exactly what you say needs doing!! No wonder the kid has had enough (for now).

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

Oh I'm getting deja vu :o

Just because you post something twice doesn't make it any more correct :P

• Like 1

Oh I'm getting deja vu :o

Just because you post something twice doesn't make it any more correct :P

too many topics about one person really should all be in one topic but wanted it to be read by everyone..

why there are three topic all about the same situation is beyond me

So Woffy wishes he could buy the BSPA and run it like his business. Does he wish to make money from being the MD of the BSPA then? Is that what he wants. Or am I mis-understanding another of his cryptic tweets. Perhaps he wants a job when he finishes racing. Any other theories.

Just another thought. If he paid his own expenses at Manchester, does he not pay his mechanics yearly, so that meeting should have been included in their salary anyway. Ovbviously there may be other expenses to account for,but i would have thought mechanics were already accounted for.

So Woffy wishes he could buy the BSPA and run it like his business. Does he wish to make money from being the MD of the BSPA then? Is that what he wants. Or am I mis-understanding another of his cryptic tweets. Perhaps he wants a job when he finishes racing. Any other theories.

Just another thought. If he paid his own expenses at Manchester, does he not pay his mechanics yearly, so that meeting should have been included in their salary anyway. Ovbviously there may be other expenses to account for,but i would have thought mechanics were already accounted for.

Would have thought that mechanics etc were paid monthly or weekly for the number of months or weeks they had worked.

Mileage would only have been just into double figures, so maybe 120 mile round trip from his home to Belle Vue, @ what, 48p per mile?

Mileage would only have been just into double figures, so maybe 120 mile round trip from his home to Belle Vue, @ what, 48p per mile?

he actually stated he wished he could buy the rights to Team GB.. and his team would of had to drive from either Sweden or Poland to get to the event who will pay for that of course he fronted the bill for that and their accomodation etc.. he didnt claim a penny of that one..

he actually stated he wished he could buy the rights to Team GB.. and his team would of had to drive from either Sweden or Poland to get to the event who will pay for that of course he fronted the bill for that and their accomodation etc.. he didnt claim a penny of that one..

not Team GB fault he isn't in England though

Edited by godmother
  • Like 1

not Team GB fault he isn't in England though/

but expenses still have to be paid rosco would have known that at the time of asking him to ride... in fact everyone knows he doesnt ride over here so naturally his bikes wouldnt be over here and its an expense to transfer them over..

riders get travel money to ride all over the country in all 3 leagues.. it isnt a strange thing.. you could say you are due to ride in glasgow but who is going to pay my fuel.. it isnt my fault you havent got bikes in glasgow lol...