British Speedway Forum

At the end of the day they will change the rules for next year if they think appropriate, but from a neutral point of view this certainly makes the playoffs an attractive proposition. Probably a good thing after the complete **** they have made of the EL this season. Really really looking forward to the Playoffs now. Chris Holder, Tai, NKI, Zagar, KK etc etc... I'm excited about it.

We all know Poole's side will be subject to change right up to the end anyway and guests will be used for anyone who's underperforming. Nothing against Poole, but Matt Ford taking the huff is always good entertainment.

RE: Dudek - aren't Falubaz still involved? He's certainly quality.

The vast majority of Poole fans have been supportive...

That's because it would make them hypocrites if they did and as for Shovvy, he's just being Shovvy, winding people up ;)

Well this signed turns Wolves into playoff semi finialists to clear favourites over Belle Vue who must be gutted after all the hard work they have done in 2016.

To Stick with the same one to seven all season, only to see another club bring a ringer in at the death to take the title away must irk.

Pooles chances of reaching the final now have reduced dramically. It's in the rules but is hardly within the spirit of the sport. Personally bringing in ringers for the playoffs like this should be against the rules.

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion but did you feel the same when Poole signed Hancock ?????

I doubt it

I think it is a great and a major coup for British League Speedway to see Britain's best rider compete again and hopefully we will see more fans at stadiums up and down the country.

I wonder if the next edition of Speedway Star sold at Wimborne Road will have a page torn out? ;)

He'll have to get somebody to show him how to do it first! :t::t::t::t::t:

It's not ratified yet, a lot of talk that with 2 years out his average should be re-assessed. They haven't broken any rules but I wonder if a change mid season much like the season when the number of play-off teams got reduced will occur. Personally it will be good to see Tai racing although I wish they had introduced a squad system years ago. I would also have a draft system for the top 10 or so riders so every team gets a real number 1. I still think the Aces will win the league with Wolves as the other finalists. Think Poole and Swindon will make the play offs.

HE rode here in 2014, he didn't ride here in 2015, it's not 2016 and he'll ride here. Thats One season out, not two. Also the rules state is a rider is out 3 seasons his club MAY apply for a re-assessment. Try again.

For me no rules broken.

No Problem.

Would Matt Ford in the same situation have done the same for Poole?

Of course he would the mans a winner and loves to win.

Looks like the Wolves have play a blinder just at the right time.

• Like 5

It's really going to kick off when Piotr Pawlicki replaces Sam Masters :)

And Matt Ford has left Poole to become Wolves Promoter. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome back Tai --- speedway is all about I'm alright Jack /what goes around comes around/one mans meat is another mans poison

Poole would do exactly the same as would any other management if they were able to do so.

• Like 2

Welcome back Tai --- speedway is all about I'm alright Jack /what goes around comes around/one mans meat is another mans poison

Poole would do exactly the same as would any other management if they were able to do so.

Agree,that why the sport in GB can't move forward though.

I don't disagree wit you at all

Ah!

I understand now, you're right. I was going to be flying over to take in the playoffs, I won't now, my team is trying to win. I don't what that, who would?

Let's take Poole, their fans are sick of their team trying everything they can to win each year. Little wonder they get the lowest crowds in the league.

Coventry under Sandhu, what a disaster that was, making changes where necessary to increase chances of success.. just turned the fans away. I still shake my head when I watch the Poole v Coventry playoff final in the deserted stadium..

Far better to just drift along and do nothing to improve your team, that packs the crowds in, guaranteed!

• Like 1