British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

Poole Reaction To Tai

Why should his average be reassessed ?

He has a valid EL average

If TW had made a poor career move by signing for the Pesky Pirates and their Petty fans you'd be singing a far different tune.

totally right.......

oh the irony ... poole never sign riders on fake low averages do they.....

miedzinski came in on about 5 ..... go it up to 8 and then off he went and in came kasprazak

when the slippers on the other foot....

and no doubt watt will be back next yr on a 4....lol

totally right.......

oh the irony ... poole never sign riders on fake low averages do they.....

miedzinski came in on about 5 ..... go it up to 8 and then off he went and in came kasprazak

when the slippers on the other foot....

and no doubt watt will be back next yr on a 4....lol

Dudek will come in on a 4 average for the play offs in place of Pedersen at reserve. :t::lol:

• Like 1

Dudek will come in on a 4 average for the play offs in place of Pedersen at reserve. :t::lol:

Oh don't, they will actually believe you! ;)

Poole fans get their own thread about their reactions to Tai lol how full of self importance do they think they are. I might start one up with Leicester fans reactions! Poole still hot favourites though!! Love how Shovlar is turning into the new Starman getting rudiculed on every thread and even has his own one about going to Rome! Sides hurting love it

Poole fans get their own thread about their reactions to Tai lol how full of self importance do they think they are. I might start one up with Leicester fans reactions! Poole still hot favourites though!! Love how Shovlar is turning into the new Starman getting rudiculed on every thread and even has his own one about going to Rome! Sides hurting love it

You seem to be implying we all had a meeting and decided we needed our own reaction thread, as opposed to one forum member starting the thread...

Todays Echo. Official Poole opinion into Woffinden being signed.

'Ford added: “There are changes being made in British speedway now and, clearly, Tai Woffinden going to Wolverhampton is going to make them stronger. It is a very good move from them and one which is going to put them in the mix and give them a tremendous boost.

“We also feel as if we are hitting form when it matters and the team seems to be gelling. Bjarne is making a difference to us.

“The task is made more difficult and Belle Vue are riding incredibly well. I still think they, potentially, have the capabilities to come top with ourselves and Wolverhampton battling it out for second.

“But who knows? We have yet to go to Belle Vue and it’s the type of track that all our guys should like. Chris Holder and Brady both rode it in the World Cup and both had success there so we know those guys have got it and there is no reason why the others can’t get going just as well.”

Starry is not posting on here at the moment.

Anyway from what I can see Poole gave made no comment whatsoever about the signing of Woffinden. But why should they? It is a legal signing under the current rules so I cant see why it wont be ratified, even though I personally think he should be assessed to eight.

Didn't there used to be a rule that gave current SGP riders coming into The BEL during a season an assessed average of 8?

Didn't there used to be a rule that gave current SGP riders coming into The BEL during a season an assessed average of 8?

Yes and in my opinion it should have been applied. Woffinden has not ridden here for nearly 2 seasons so his old EL average should have been made obsolete and the standard 8 point GP rider average applied.

To be able to use an average from a while back when he has clearly improved as a rider give Wolverhampton an advantage over other clubs.

Perhaps Matt Ford is missing a trick. Find a young Polish rider with star quality, bring him over at the start of the season, get him to get an average of 4, then drop him. Bring him back the next year on the low 4. Job done.

Quite agree how can you change the rules on average's just because tai is a grand prix rider

Lol @ Matt attempting to be magnanimous - we all know he's raging. And while it would be good for Speedway to see the league fall into different hands, Poole are still favourites for me. I don't know if Shovlars on the wind up or he's actually another Statman.

Yes and in my opinion it should have been applied. Woffinden has not ridden here for nearly 2 seasons so his old EL average should have been made obsolete and the standard 8 point GP rider average applied.

And you would be saying completely the opposite if he had signed for Poole for certain.

The rules on this are crystal clear. Tai has a valid average. The rules state you have to have 3 seasons out to get re-assessed. Tai has had less the 2 seasons out. No question.

I can only imagine if KK had ridden here last year and dropped his average considerably (in line with his 2015 Polish and Swedish) to say about 5 and Poole wanted to use him on that average this season.

It would be fair to expect him to be re-assessed to 8 then???

Poole would rightly be able to profit of that average under the current rules and there may be an argument that the ruling is wrong.

Honest answer please, would you be happy to use a GP standard rider on a 5 point average?

• Like 1

And you would be saying completely the opposite if he had signed for Poole for certain.

The rules on this are crystal clear. Tai has a valid average. The rules state you have to have 3 seasons out to get re-assessed. Tai has had less the 2 seasons out. No question.

I can only imagine if KK had ridden here last year and dropped his average considerably (in line with his 2015 Polish and Swedish) to say about 5 and Poole wanted to use him on that average this season.

It would be fair to expect him to be re-assessed to 8 then???

Poole would rightly be able to profit of that average under the current rules and there may be an argument that the ruling is wrong.

Honest answer please, would you be happy to use a GP standard rider on a 5 point average?

We have Holder who is just as good if not better than Woffinden in the EL. He also supports the EL by riding in it every season. Woffinden clearly uses it for convenience, so no I would not like a half hearted Woffinden riding for Poole. Chances are he will not ride in 2017 until his Polish and Swedish teams have failed.

KK is not a GP rider, so an 8 average does not apply. I would say Lindback, who is a GP rider, should have his average raised to 8 if he returned to the EL.

If a GP rider rides in the EL every year, he should retain his EL average. If he decides to withdraw half way through a season, or comes in late like Woffinden, they should automatically receive an 8 average if they are in the current GP series. Or, if they have an EL average in the last two seasons higher than 8, that average should apply.

Makes sense, and the rules would be fair to all clubs. Just my opinion.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

To be able to use an average from a while back when he has clearly improved as a rider give Wolverhampton an advantage over other clubs.

Perhaps Matt Ford is missing a trick. Find a young Polish rider with star quality, bring him over at the start of the season, get him to get an average of 4, then drop him. Bring him back the next year on the low 4. Job done.

Clearly improved as a rider? How'd you work that one out?

Why don't you take a leaf out of your promoters book, Ford has handled the situation very well.

We have Holder who is just as good if not better than Woffinden in the EL.

Ok, now we're making sense.

Holder, whose average is 7.35 is as good, if not better than Woffinden.

So Woffinden on 7.03, by your own words, that's pretty much spot on then.

Thanks for clearing that up for us!

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1