British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Newcastle Diamonds Vs Sheffield Tigers Pl 14 Agust 6.30pm

Well this week sees a Premier league match to the Sheffield Tigers, can we bag the points again & make them leave empty handed? any team changes please post & I'll update thanks.

Newcastle Diamonds

1.Robert Lambert
2. Victor Palovaara
3. Matej Kus
4. Ludvig Lindgren
5. Steve Worrall
6. Lewis Rose
7. Danny Phillips

Sheffield Tigers

1. Simon Stead
2. Dimitri Berge
3. Kyle Howarth
4. Josh Bates
5. Jason Garrity RR
6. Arthur Sissis
7. Nathan Greaves

Edited by mike7164

I am a fan of Jason Garrity despite him getting the Boos at Brough. Our top guys should expect a tough time when Jason is in their heats. I cannot see any PL team beating us at home. I forecast the diamonds to score more than 50.

• Like 1

I think Garrity is an accident looking for somewhere to happen, he spends too much time out of control by hanging off the bike, might look spectacular but it's dangerous. I don't wish any rider ill, but if, and when Garrity has a big off, I hope he doesn't take anyone else with him.. I would never boo him by the way.

• Like 1

Would expect it to be pretty close, with Bates and Garrity back. Howarth is capable of doing ok, jury's out on Stead,,, and the other 3, well,,, can't see them doing much, apart from having the beating of Phillips :(

Well this week sees a Premier league match to the Sheffield Tigers, can we bag the points again & make them leave empty handed? any team changes please post & I'll update thanks.

Newcastle Diamonds

1.Robert Lambert

2. Victor Palovaara

3. Matej Kus

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Steve Worrall

6. Lewis Rose

7. Danny Phillips

Sheffield Tigers

1. Simon Stead

2. Josh Bates

3. Dimitri Berge

4. Jason Garrity

5. Kyle Howarth

6. Arthur Sissis

7. Nathan Greaves

NEWCASTLE: Robert Lambert, Victor Palovaara, Matej Kus, Ludvig Lindgren, Steve Worrall, Lewis Rose, Danny Phillips.

SHEFFIELD: Simon Stead, Dimitri Berge, Kyle Howarth, Josh Bates, Jason Garrity, Arthur Sissis, Nathan Greaves.

Taken from Sheffield's website

EDIT: Just announced (on Twitter) Garrity OUT (hand injury).

Also here: http://www.sheffieldspeedway.co/news.php?extend.2144

Edited by Steve Park

Ah Well Jason is out! It makes the Newcastle task a little easier as he in "fine fettle" takes some beating. Er just thought Fine Fettle is maybe a Geordie expression that Sheffield fans don't understand. So lets hear from you Tigers on fine fettle, what does it mean

Fine Fettle= healthy ,not really a Sheffield saying as such lol

No Jase,so Tigers to get around 33 !

rubbish, was looking forward to watching Garrity :( I don't understand why he's so unpopular, think it will be a pretty straight forward win now though

Edit: lol it changed sh*t to rubbish :nono:

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

Much better effort from Sheffield. Bates rode very well and Howarth had a decent meeting as well. Had Garrity been riding it would have been a good contest although still a home win mainly due to Stead who despite plenty of effort had another poor meeting here getting done for four 5-1's which would have been five had Kus not come off.

Another strong performance from the Diamonds with Worrall a class apart. Danny struggled again though and doesn't really look like scoring. Can't be much fun for him and I'm surprised we haven't tried someone else.

I see King's Lynn now have a match on Thursday. I assume that means we will once again be going to Redcar with three riders? If so then Lawson or Ostergaard, Robson and Garcia? Or do we take a put on Richie given he's in top form at the moment and forget the poor score the last time?

Edited by NJC71

Much better effort from Sheffield. Bates rode very well and Howarth had a decent meeting as well. Had Garrity been riding it would have been a good contest although still a home win mainly due to Stead who despite plenty of effort had another poor meeting here getting done for four 5-1's which would have been five had Kus not come off.

Another strong performance from the Diamonds with Worrall a class apart. Danny struggled again though and doesn't really look like scoring. Can't be much fun for him and I'm surprised we haven't tried someone else.

I see King's Lynn now have a match on Thursday. I assume that means we will once again be going to Redcar with three riders? If so then Lawson or Ostergaard, Robson and Garcia? Or do we take a put on Richie given he's in top form at the moment and forget the poor score the last time?

No. The King's Lynn match is a re-arranged match, so we get first call on Robert and Lewis.

We will be without Ludvig and Victor though. Their Swedish team are in the play-offs.

Simon Stead has apologised on his Twitter account tonight: "Felt I made progress over the last 2 meets but tonight was my worst in a long long time. Apologies to the club, our fans & my team mates."

From what I saw of the meeting it seemed an OK meeting (I had a video camera in my hand/on my shoulder for the first time in about three years!!) and Josh Bates seemed to get used to the place and Howarth scored well at a track he normally struggles at.

I feel sorry for Danny Phillips. They are trying everything to sort it out, but nothing seems to be working for the kid.

Edited by Steve Park

Very much like I expected, shame Garrity wasn't riding,,,

some good riding from Bates and Howarth kept it entertaining, after a poor start Howarth done well,,, if he were ever to ride Newcastle regularly, I think he would he would crack it ;)

Newcastle top 6 solid again, apart from Matty's poor first ride and fall, we need a few points on the road to cement our playoff place, then over 2 legs, we will be in with a shout,,,

I'm gobsmacked to be honest but there must be a reason we don't know about - it may come back to haunt us later on though. The lad has had a good run but at this moment of time is not Premier league quality.

Sad to see Stead struggling so badly at Brough. I can remember him scoring maximums here in the past.

Would have a been much closer if Garrity had been around but Bates did ride especially well

Danny struggled again though and doesn't really look like scoring. Can't be much fun for him and I'm surprised we haven't tried someone else.

The way I see it you should persevere with Phillips - quite simply, there are very few others who might fit the bill. .

Edited by Halifaxtiger