British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Leicester V Poole Elb. 20/08/16

Anomaly? The 7th highest averaged rider is in reserve? How is this an anomaly and who do you suggest should be in reserve?

What I meant was a rider of his calibre should NEVER be allowed into a situation where he rides in races that are protected for the EDR'S...

• Like 1

Been watching this lad and he can be quite hit and miss but fast out front. A good call as a guest from Matt. R/r for Brady is a no brainer. Bjarne at reserve can have 7 rides if needs be.

r/r for Poole makes them an awful lot stronger now.

Anomaly? The 7th highest averaged rider is in reserve? How is this an anomaly and who do you suggest should be in reserve?

Pedersen is rightly in reserve on averages, just a daft situation when those positions should be for young British riders.

Then again it shows how much better this Poole team is than any of the others so its hard to understand why they are not top of the league by a mile, especially ahead of a team in Belle Vue who have little or no home track advantage.

What I meant was a rider of his calibre should NEVER be allowed into a situation where he rides in races that are protected for the EDR'S...

Gone are the days of protecting riders. They were protected for 2 seasons now they have to do it on their own. By allowing riders switch we have seen Adam Ellis ride about 5 or 6 meeting in reserve and then got into the 1-5 where he has flourished under a ltitle more pressure and getting harder rides. The alternative was he stayed in reserve beating the same riders over and and over.

The issue is the race format rather than riders being able to move up/down.

By my reckoning, Bjarne will be in reserve for the next 2 and a half weeks but will go into the 1-5 with Kurtz dropping down - unless Ellis has a bad spell or Kurtz a really good sell in the next 2 weeks.

r/r for Poole makes them an awful lot stronger now.

Pedersen is rightly in reserve on averages, just a daft situation when those positions should be for young British riders.

Then again it shows how much better this Poole team is than any of the others so its hard to understand why they are not top of the league by a mile, especially ahead of a team in Belle Vue who have little or no home track advantage.

Don't think we are stronger without Kurtz, he rides the Leicester track pretty well, we will need all our riders to be at their very best to cope without Hans, Belle Vue are doing so well because Steve Worrall has had a excellent season and riding way above his starting average, this Poole team is not much better than the others, maybe a little better but make no mistake Belle Vue also have a very strong team.

• Like 1

Isn't he saying we should have r/r for Hans or something?!!! And that promoters should start deciding the rules?! :D :D lol

yes lisa,he continually argued that it should be r/r for hans despite being told by several different posters (including peptalk)that there was no facility for hans and r/r was deemed a facility and therefore not an option,this however did not lessen his demands for r/r.however he saved the best to last when protesting that speedway "should be run by the promoters and not the bspa" is that not a classic?(he then sent me a pm telling me to "go to specsavers"???)

• Like 2

I am afraid starman goes straight for defence mode in any conversation if he waited then gave a reasoned reply there would be no aggro

If Poole dont win this they dont deserve to be champions this season.

Come on VV we are two riders down here. I agree if we were full strength but with Andersen out and replaced by a pl 6 pointer it evens things up somewhat.

Forecast is iffy as well. Still, I will be going up if it is on and cheering on the boys.

Might have to dig out my old Red/Yellow scarf for this one if the Moths haven't got it. :lol:

The issue is the race format rather than riders being able to move up/down.

Exactly. The previous format should now be brought back in. There is only one race in which the number 7 comes up against a heat leader.

• Like 1

I am still expecting your boys to win Shovvy, Leicester are useless. Fair play on you making the journey.

I don't expect any racing on saturday if the forecast is to be believed.

I don't expect any racing on saturday if the forecast is to be believed.

Nothing worse than having weather uncertainty on the day of the meeting with a six hour round trip. Guess we will have to wait and see. Not leaving until 4 pm so should have a reasonable idea by then.

• Like 1

I won't be leaving until 7pm so I'll have an even better idea whether it's worth going or not. I'm sure Shale Searcher or Weatherwatcher will keep you up to date but if not I'll stick my head out of the window and let you know what's happening.

I won't be leaving until 7pm so I'll have an even better idea whether it's worth going or not. I'm sure Shale Searcher or Weatherwatcher will keep you up to date but if not I'll stick my head out of the window and let you know what's happening.

Saturdays weather is very fluidic at the moment, literally changing by the hour... So a forecast now is going to be pretty unreliable....

I will give a forecast tomorrow afternoon (Friday) which should be a touch more reliable.. If I'd have had to make a decision to run Saturday or not earlier in the week, I'd have postponed the meeting, however now, the weather is nowhere near as bad as it was (for Leicester area) that is..