British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Why are Sky showing Tai's rides at Wolves?

Probably giving Poole fans a break from watching their team getting stuff at Swindon.

Oh dear.

The fact you even have to ask such a question is staggering.

Well done Sky.

• Like 1

Oh dear.

Well done Sky.

It was a fair question.

So let's be clear, Yes Tai is World Champion (for now), but he's just another rider. A rider who turned his back on British speedway which Pearson and team gloss over, and now he's back Sky are falling over themselves to promote him. This felt less about the World Champion riding in the UK and more about a PR exercise to big up Tai... remind me again, whose Tai's PR officer?

• Like 4

Oh dear.

Well done Sky.

Any newcomers would think Wolves were a one man team! :D

Yawn , Lovers gonna Love

Correct, I hear there was a big crowd at Monmore tonight?

Looks like the lovers out-numbered the haters.

Besides, what the hell is there to complain about? We got to see five extra races on Sky tonight.. that's nothing but a positive.

• Like 1

Oh words fail me

Pinny who the hell do you think you are buddy?

Your more than welcome to come and visit me over in Essex pal

Everyone knows my sheer dislike of the Poole promotion and ive been accused of being a Poole hater, Poole basher so many times ive lost count.

So guess what............ i decided to set up a new account as a Poole fan..........yeah that will fool the idiots wont it.

You need to get a life pal or get out more and as i say any time you want to meet up i will be there but please tell me if i need to come dressed as a Poole fan or if i can come dressed in my own clothes please as i wouldnt want to disappoint you..........pillock

Am hardly going to fly from Melbourne to Essex to meet some strange Ipswich/Poole fan am i? although when i visit home i will give you a shout, depends if im closer to poole or essex at the time though chris

It was a fair question.

So let's be clear, Yes Tai is World Champion (for now), but he's just another rider. A rider who turned his back on British speedway which Pearson and team gloss over, and now he's back Sky are falling over themselves to promote him. This felt less about the World Champion riding in the UK and more about a PR exercise to big up Tai... remind me again, whose Tai's PR officer?

I wonder how much it did for the self esteem of the other six Wolves riders.

Not blaming Woffinden for this, but the Wolves promotion should be ashamed of themselves. Those six riders have got the team to challenge for the play offs and now it appears they are just by-standers.

• Like 3

I wonder how much it did for the self esteem of the other six Wolves riders.

Not blaming Woffinden for this, but the Wolves promotion should be ashamed of themselves. Those six riders have got the team to challenge for the play offs and now it appears they are just by-standers.

comedy gold

This thread has completely and utterly proved that gavan and chris gillian are the same person. Hilarious.

I assume you jest.

While Gavan and I may share the same opinion on some points (not all), my posts are less direct and confrontational (no offence meant Gavan). I have also had some private messages in the past with Dazzafl (and a few others) so he (like them) know I'm not Gavan. Anyone is free to do the same if you really, REALLY believe we're the same person. Personally I find it quite hilarious that we're being compared bearing in mind I'm a lifelong Pirate supporter and Gavan certainly is not!

No they post identical messages talk in the same tone etc, its clear for most to see.

I beg to differ on that. Read my posts on the previous pages and read Gavan's. Completely un-identical from start to finish. Oh and I won't call you any names...as that's not my style unless pushed beyond the boundaries of common sense, which you've actually managed to surpass.

Because thousands and thousands of UK speedway supporters appreciate him - despite the handful of haters on here.

Am hardly going to fly from Melbourne to Essex to meet some strange Ipswich/Poole fan am i? although when i visit home i will give you a shout, depends if im closer to poole or essex at the time though chris

:rofl::rofl: :rofl: Feel free to drop by Southampton anytime as I live there, not Poole! Something you would know if you bothered to look at my profile.

Edited by chris4gillian

comedy gold

I assume from that remark that you don't think the six Wolves riders worthy of respect.

I assume from that remark that you don't think the six Wolves riders worthy of respect.

what are you wittering on about? Im sure the Wolves boys are more than happy that they have had the team strengthened and have a better chance of winning the league.

Tai and Thorssell are great mates , same with Howarth and possibly Tai riding inspired Clegg as well.

You do post some strange stuff when trying to bash Tai

I assume you jest.

While Gavan and I may share the same opinion on some points (not all), my posts are less direct and confrontational (no offence meant Gavan). I have also had some private messages in the past with Dazzafl (and a few others) so he (like them) know I'm not Gavan. Anyone is free to do the same if you really, REALLY believe we're the same person. Personally I find it quite hilarious that we're being compared bearing in mind I'm a lifelong Pirate supporter and Gavan certainly is not!

I beg to differ on that. Read my posts on the previous pages and read Gavan's. Completely un-identical from start to finish. Oh and I won't call you any names...as that's not my style unless pushed beyond the boundaries of common sense, which you've actually managed to surpass.

Because thousands and thousands of UK speedway supporters appreciate him - despite the handful of haters on here.

:rofl::rofl: :rofl: Feel free to drop by Southampton anytime as I live there, not Poole! Something you would know if you bothered to look at my profile.

Oh right so as your profile says your from Southampton ill take that as gospel shall i?

Its clear your both the same person. As many people have already said.

what are you wittering on about? Im sure the Wolves boys are more than happy that they have had the team strengthened and have a better chance of winning the league.

Tai and Thorssell are great mates , same with Howarth and possibly Tai riding inspired Clegg as well.

You do post some strange stuff when trying to bash Tai

Try reading before assuming. I said I did not blame Tai, therefore I was not Tai bashing. I didn't mention strengthening the Wolves team merely that a TEAM consists of SEVEN riders not just the one, a fact that seems to have escaped Sky, Pearson and it appears your good self.

EDITED to correct fat finger spelling disorder

Edited by Star Lady