British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Can you not debate or are you a child? Gresham mugged you off yesterday for fun loved it P..... myself !!!. ✌️✌Mug of the highest order.

Quoting people or expecting debate from people you tell to "f off" and who you "wouldnt piss on" etc is the behaviour of someone who is mentally unhinged, which is why you have so much in common with Gresham

As said, run along you deluded halfwit.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 1

The problem is, Tai Woffinden is only 25 and its really all come to an end in Britain. Understandably there is no chance of a return for a full Elite League season , the British Final has been ditched this year, the World Cup has been binned now and I wouldn't hang your hat on the training schools either. Our best rider in the modern era has essentially and gradually ' checked out of Britain '. Yes there will be one appearance at Cardiff every year, but as a British fan its crumbs off the table..

I can't get my head round the fact that posters on here who are British speedway fans (the White Knight) recently are precisely not bothered about Britain's best rider not riding for GB in the World Cup , even more galling is he wont give the fans that support him any genuine reason why . People seem excited and comfortable with the stark fact that Britain's multi World Champion's only input into British speedway is wearing a Union Jack race jacket in the GP.. Whats the point of having a World Champion we never see ?

New Science now this country is an after thought for all of the top boys when WK ,myself and endless others went to Speedway England was the cream you had to ride in England to be world class those days have gone now.I understand totally why Tai has done what he has done he has done his bit for England but he has to think of himself.Most people in any job have to look after there own interests because in this Dog/eat Dog world no one else will.

Quoting people or expecting debate from people you tell to "f off" and who you "wouldnt piss on" etc is the behaviour of someone who is mentally unhinged, which is why you have so much in common with Gresham

As said, run along you deluded halfwit.

I still wouldnt piss on you ✌️grow a set child.

He didnt say the best this country has ever produced but the best this country has produced.

Explain the difference please!

He didnt say the best this country has ever produced but the best this country has produced.

He never said that at all.... as that makes no sense at all .

Edited by orion

To say he isnt half the rider is a strange comment. Only Craven has won similar world crowns and Tai isnt finished yet

He deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the riders you have listed, and yes he is better than Wigg and Tatum and Louis.

I was comparing rider v rider in terms of riding ability, and excluding the quality of machinery available to or used by the riders

Perhaps on better machinery, riding ability is less of a requirement to win championships than on some of the lawnmowers used by other riders?

Neither was it a comparison of medals won, simply who were possibly better riders than Tai

Certainly he deserves to be mentioned alongside those mentioned

And I doubt we can ever know just who was THE best - Tom Farndon maybe?

I was comparing rider v rider in terms of riding ability, and excluding the quality of machinery available to or used by the riders

Perhaps on better machinery, riding ability is less of a requirement to win championships than on some of the lawnmowers used by other riders?

Neither was it a comparison of medals won, simply who were possibly better riders than Tai

Certainly he deserves to be mentioned alongside those mentioned

And I doubt we can ever know just who was THE best - Tom Farndon maybe?

Pah, Farndon was no Buzz Burrows.

• Like 1

i stopped a while back when a couple of fools accused me and chris4gillian of being the same people.

I think that was a typo. They weren't asking if you and chris4gillian were the same people, they were asking if you were and chris4gillian were sane people. :wink:

Bless go and change your pants creaming um i expect.✌️

You really are thick as shi t

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 2

Come on, heated discussion is good, let's not get personal..

Better than Loram, Jessup, Lee, Carter, Collins, Craven, and others before my time??

He may have far better machinery at his disposal, but I doubt he's half the RIDER those named above were, or even others such as Wigg, Tatum, John Louis, both Boococks . . .

Impossible to say definitively, of course, which is why sports fans get so animated when comparing the stars of different eras. But the two world titles, with the potential of more to come, and his performances in the Polish top flight clearly mark him out as among the very best of his contemporaries across the world. As to the point you make on riding ability (as opposed to machinery), I would think anyone who has watched him for any length of time will remember a string of superb rides. There's certainly a lot more to him than straddling a Peter Johns rocket.

There's certainly a lot more to him than straddling a Peter Johns rocket.

Ironically his last team was Rye House Rockets.

Yes and Dave King of King silencers also briefly rode for the Rockets. Now which PL team did Tai ride for?

It was all our fault!

We should never have given team places to Willi Laydown or Ivan Dirtdeflector either....

Edited by rmc

Better than Loram, Jessup, Lee, Carter, Collins, Craven, and others before my time??

He may have far better machinery at his disposal, but I doubt he's half the RIDER those named above were, or even others such as Wigg, Tatum, John Louis, both Boococks . . .

You seem to have missed the words "in many years." All those you mention started riding 30+ years ago

Though fwiw of the post war brits, surely only the two PCs, and at a push Lee, would join Tai as contenders for greatest british rider.

• Like 1

"Greatest" is a matter of opinion, "Most Successful" would be easier to decide upon?