British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitar_art

Strange Kent

Strange how Kent were able to fulfill there fixture last night V Belle Vue with a guest and r/r and yet for some reason are not able to race against the Brummies due to Being Decimated by Injuries.

Strange how in all the time I have watched the Brummies we have never cancelled a match due to injuries. (This includes a young shield final in 2007 in which we were able to field only two Brummie riders and a 2008 season where we had thirteen riders injured at one time or another!)

The minute they named their side for the Belle Vue match, Peter Morrish should have been on the phone to Len saying the Brummies are there next week. Theres no reason whatsoever why its not taking place now Kents injury crisis is thankfully better.

As far as im concerned they better hope that when it is staged we have a full side, theres no PL clashes/injuries or rider holidays. The precedent has been set now by Mr Morrish, if its a big meeting and a side has a riders out or unavailable it MUST be cancelled and rearranged

Edited by Brummie Kev

If it p!sses Drury off I'm all for it.

• Like 5

If it p!sses Drury off I'm all for it.

Well said dat man

Guest GiveusaB

I'd rather beat Kent when they have a full side.....I'm not in favour of taking advantage of a teams misfortune...I'll leave that one to POOLE!

I can see from a Brum point of view why they would be annoyed however at the time of cancellation the injuries looked far greater than they were.

That said i would still rather see a decent contest rather than the high flying Birmingham team against a not fully fit Kent side (Ayres, Clifton & Thomas are clearly not anywhere near 100% fit).

With both sides looking like guests will be required at no.1 it might swing on who makes the cleverest bookings?

Everyone is forgetting that Birmingham too have their injury problems. And it isn't about taking advantage its more about ensuring we get the matches in. Their are precious few dates available and both teams will also probably have play off matches to find room for.

Not sure i would call 1 rider an injury problem after all its the nature of the sport and Zac hasn't been as dominant this year (although i do wish Waj a speedy recovery).

Brum would do well to book either Williamson or Knight as guest and you will sail through to the final anyway.

Whenever this cup semi-final is completed, one fact remains Kent whoever they use, will have to improve, Brummies have won three of this season's meetings, one other which was drawn. Whatever happens, it should be great speedway. Let's hope we see both teams as near to full strength as possible.

• Like 1

Not sure i would call 1 rider an injury problem after all its the nature of the sport and Zac hasn't been as dominant this year (although i do wish Waj a speedy recovery).

Brum would do well to book either Williamson or Knight as guest and you will sail through to the final anyway.

Tom Perry and Tom Bacon have also had time off injured this year. Again we never sought to cancel any fixtures.

Everyone is forgetting that Birmingham too have their injury problems. And it isn't about taking advantage its more about ensuring we get the matches in. Their are precious few dates available and both teams will also probably have play off matches to find room for.

Is this about Injury problems though?, maybe Kent had a genuine reason to call it off on the 22nd but its not now. The other thing said by the Brummies is a Kent rider has holiday booked for the 22nd and they dont think the meeting should take place. I dont think that is an acceptable to call a meeting off when we went there without one our main riders, Tom Perry,as he couldnt get time off from his day job.

Now just to rub salt into the wound we have somehow agreed to going there on 12th September with it now being the second leg. We batter most teams at home but Kent are the one side that have run us very close on two occasions, 45 all draw and 47-43. With the riders they have they can easily keep it close in the first leg so then its advantage Kent. Total farce

Anyway lets wish David Mason a lovely holiday next week

• Like 2

Tbf has Drury submitted any proof of this being a reason. Because as far as I know Mason is out injured anyway with head hand and back injuries.

Ayres Clifton and Thomas probably should not of ridden, in fact Clifton only rode because guest Mark Baseby became unavailabe Monday afternoon and had to build his bike when he arrived at the track.

That all said if the boot was on the other foot I would also be suspicious. But knowing the Kent lads I can say without any doubt that Shanes and Verge were the only 2 kent riders fully fit Monday.

Tbf most brummie fans I ve had contact with supported the date switch (imo could be a bit sooner but hey ho) as they would rather turn us over closer to full strength.

Graham Dury has never pulled a stroke during his speedway management career, oh no, not him. Always plays it straight. Blimey!!

• Like 2

Is this about Injury problems though?, maybe Kent had a genuine reason to call it off on the 22nd but its not now. The other thing said by the Brummies is a Kent rider has holiday booked for the 22nd and they dont think the meeting should take place. I dont think that is an acceptable to call a meeting off when we went there without one our main riders, Tom Perry,as he couldnt get time off from his day job.

Now just to rub salt into the wound we have somehow agreed to going there on 12th September with it now being the second leg. We batter most teams at home but Kent are the one side that have run us very close on two occasions, 45 all draw and 47-43. With the riders they have they can easily keep it close in the first leg so then its advantage Kent. Total farce

Farce? Maybe. Total Farce? Nah. Mr Drury wins hands down when it come to total Farces. From Mildenhall to his last total farce running the clock down at Sittingbourne he comes out top of the pile every time. As a neutral who goes to kent a lot i hope birmingham come a cropper Big style in this tie. Perhaps it a Midlands thing with Birmingham rapidly overtaking Cradley as the most unpopular team in the NL.

Edited by westhamboy66
  • Like 1