British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield V Edinburgh Pl 18/8/16 7.30

Cracking point especially after last nights performance. Fantastic stuff from Dan Bewley once again.

Keeps you ticking over nicely for a play off spot, with a run off home meetings you should qualify with some to spare.

Really excited by Bewley.

• Like 1

Bewley was awesome. Bates less so.

Sheffield unlucky with stead breaking down when on a 5-1, but Fisher would have got more than 7.

Good racing again and fair play to the Scots for a deserved point

• Like 2

I saw Dan in his first match at Armadale and thought he was going to clobber the fence coming out of the first bend every lap.By the end of the meeting I was thinking it's not luck he is staying on he knows what to do when in trouble he is a fantastic talent on my opinion.He is no "hang on and open the throttle merchant".He is on his way to the top IMO.Good Luck to him.

• Like 4

WOW the kid Bewley is amazing !

Greaves really struggling, hope he can turn it all around

• Like 1

I take it all back.

Guilty yet again of underestimating the lads.

No stroll in the park for sheffo or a 25 point humping for us. Instead what seems to have been a great fighting battle to lose by a whisker.

But in my defence I didn't expect Dan the 12 Year Old Man to be paid for a dozen and the whole team bar Kevin to pick up a race win each.

• Like 1

Well don Dan. Excellent performance for a rookie. All of the Monarchs had some good points, but for Sheffield, Josh, Arthur and Nathan didn't do their job.

• Like 1

Bewley was awesome. Bates less so.

Sheffield unlucky with stead breaking down when on a 5-1, but Fisher would have got more than 7.

Good racing again and fair play to the Scots for a deserved point

Stead was third when he broke down I would have said, it was some race leading up to that though.
  • Like 1

I would've been gutted if we hadn't taken a point at the end after such a close meeting throughout. Just goes to show, you can never write our lads off, it was harder without Ryan but they got on with the job

Well done to both teams for what sounds like an excellent speedway meeting (wish I'd been able to go)

The boy Dan...... Superb!!!!!!! 100% talent and a natural on a bike

Edited by Gr8scot
  • Like 1