British Speedway Forum
BWitcher

Charlie Webster Fighting For Her Life

Pleased to know she's recovered well

I wonder if she will now make a public apology to Ched Evans?

Cannot see why she should. Irrespective of the verdict, there are still aspects of his behaviour that night which many would find disgusting.

Cannot see why she should. Irrespective of the verdict, there are still aspects of his behaviour that night which many would find disgusting.

No doubt but at the same time she had no right to get involved in something she had nothing to do with her ....as most people said at the time her sole purpose was to get limelight for herself so she could play the victim . common sense told most people that verdict was Wrong and Charlie should have looked at that at the time before trying to destroy someones life

• Like 2

if you ask me EVERYONE behaved badly that night - both footballers, the others trying to film and the girl too.

However Evans paid a very heavy price but should now be free to carry on with his life.

IMO there was some hysteria at his release - at least 2 pro footballers have caused death and been imprisoned - neither was subject to such a reaction on their release and played professionally again.

• Like 2

Charlie Webster is not alone many were determined to make him suffer over and above what has now been shown to be an unjustified prison term.

Jessica Ennis Hill comes to mind !! Are people still saying that it was totally in order to ruin his career even now he has been found not guilty.?

• Like 2

3 people having sex isnt a crime, nor has it anything to do with anyone else what happens behind closed doors, he had a partner though snd cheated on her which is morally wrong imo... What else did he do so wrong or disgusting??
  • Like 1

Her opinion meant little after she was tweeting about mike tyson being a hero of hers or something, a convicted rapist who never had his conviction overturned

• Like 3

Just a note to those who quoted my post - I have NOT expressed a personal opinion. The decision is Charlie's to make.

I do wonder what the outcome of the re-trial would have been had it taken place in Scotland where a 'not proven' verdict is available. Being found 'not guilty' is frequently expressed as 'innocent' when there are often grey areas involving 'reasonable doubt'.

• Like 1

There`s a Ched Evans thread already opened on the General Discussions part of the forum, maybe those who want to post about the Evans trial could post on there, and leave this one for those who would like to wish Charlie well on her continued recovery.

• Like 9

There`s a Ched Evans thread already opened on the General Discussions part of the forum, maybe those who want to post about the Evans trial could post on there, and leave this one for those who would like to wish Charlie well on her continued recovery.

most level headed post i've read in some time.