British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Glasgow Vs Somerset Pl 21/08/16

OK - 52 -38

I'm being serious - we will easily beat Somerset @home. You tell me where that Somerset team is going to outrace us at Ashfield?

1. Close

2. No Chance

3.No.

4. No

5. No

6. No

7. We'll see

For me

1. Close

2. Close

3. Worrall

4. Close

5. Close

6. Close

7. Bewley.

I hate saying this but with the 2 guests and Rene and Danny unlikely to be 100% fit I think the rebels will take our home record. Since guesting for the tigers young Bewley has been scoring points for fun and he will help the rebels shade it.

• Like 1

Somerset by 40 surly!

Would easily have won by that if the meeting had been on tonight but closer than that on Sunday :D .

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Biggest test of the season, no doubt about that, hopefully the Tigers will shade it , we scored 50 last week and Lawson only scored 7, he will need to be back to his usual form to keep our home record in tact, key battles for me are the middle pairings of both teams and if Lunna is on it we should out score them at reserve, weather forecast looks good so let's hope it's a great meeting between the top two in the league at present, ( beware Newcastle) and the Glasgow boys come out on top,

Prediction Glasgow 49 Somerset 41

For me the key for Glasgow is Garcia.

He's been a tad inconsistent since moving to No2.

Let's hope the right one turns up Sunday.

Biggest test of the season, no doubt about that, hopefully the Tigers will shade it , we scored 50 last week and Lawson only scored 7, he will need to be back to his usual form to keep our home record in tact, key battles for me are the middle pairings of both teams and if Lunna is on it we should out score them at reserve, weather forecast looks good so let's hope it's a great meeting between the top two in the league at present, ( beware Newcastle) and the Glasgow boys come out on top,

Prediction Glasgow 49 Somerset 41

Maintain our 100% per cent home record tomorrow and that should clinch a top 2 finish . Wont be easy though , don't want to use the usual Edinburgh moan about guests making the opposition stronger as you never know what Jake Allan might have done , but that looks a solid septet the visitors have .

Last year Somerset won the corresponding fixture , though we threw it away that day , and we gained our revenge in the play off semi final . We don't want to slip up tomorrow though . At least the forecast is for a dry day tomorrow , in hindsight someone objecting to us racing on a Friday has done us a favour this season .

• Like 4

Last minute plea guys. Stick this month's wages on a Glasgow win. You'll be thanking me the morra.

Last minute plea guys. Stick this month's wages on a Glasgow win. You'll be thanking me the morra.

Let's hope some of the Rebels riders read your post! A good motivational tool for sure!;)

How's the track doctor doing?

It is to be a balmy 19 degrees and sunny so i would imagine the natural watering and sunny conditions today we will have a good track

It has been a blessing having Sunday racing this year.

Let's hope some of the Rebels riders read your post! A good motivational tool for sure! ;)

Don't think either team need motivating today if they do then there is something wrong.

• Like 2

I'll be watching this one wishing I was there as I think it will be a cracker. Safe meeting for all and may the best team win..... Being Scottish..... Hope it's Glasgow (did I actually say that?)

• Like 5

C'mon wee Dan the 12 Year Old Man - great start!

Heavens second ride even better - 0.1 seconds outside the T/R!!

• Like 1

Fun while it lasted!

Must be borrowing Cookie's 600's

And got some fuel from him!

• Like 2

Is there really a 20 minute delay whilst there is track grading? Incredible.

• Like 1