British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
weatherwatcher

What Is Going On At Leicester

I must say I love my speedway and would hate to see anything happen to the club. But it has slowly gone down hill since it was in the PL.The stadium was nearly always full. With plenty of meetings a year, now I just don't know how the club manges to keep it head above water. I may have made a mistake about the re-schedualed meetings, I am not wrong though with the state that things are. There are no real big sponsers now bringing in the money they need.

It is time that the club passed to someone who is commited to the sport. Because I am afraid that those in charge don't seem to care. They moan about the drop in crowd levels, but really do you blame them. I for one do not see paying the £60 it cost me to get and the fuel to get there and back a very good return.

The first year in the EL you could live with, they promissed big name riders that never came, Last year the same and that was not a great deal better, there are no excuses about this year. There are better PL teams than we have there now, if they can't afford the top riders wages, then they should have gone back down to the PL this season, I know DH would think he had not achied what he set out to do, but I am sure the fans would have come back again.

At the moment we are the laughing stock of the EL. Far better to say we had a go at it, we can't get the big riders here, that is if you don't change race nights and go back to the PL.

It would be no disgrace. I really think that the club are finding it really hard. No meetings, then they have no money coming in.

The whole system of the EL looks looking at meeting wise as clubs will soon be out of pocket.

Sorry if this hurts a few, I am no doom and gloom merchant as some folks have said, but a speedway fan who loves the sport, and can see the writting on the wall.

Edited by weatherwatcher

They're even worse on the Coventry ones. Always the same handful of people though, most of whom don't even bother to go but still want to have a moan.

I go and moan. 😀

• Like 3

I must say I love my speedway and would hate to see anything happen to the club. But it has slowly gone down hill since it was in the PL.The stadium was nearly always full. With plenty of meetings a year, now I just don't know how the club manges to keep it head above water. I may have made a mistake about the re-schedualed meetings, I am not wrong though with the state that things are. There are no real big sponsers now bringing in the money they need.

It is time that the club passed to someone who is commited to the sport. Because I am afraid that those in charge don't seem to care. They moan about the drop in crowd levels, but really do you blame them. I for one do not see paying the £60 it cost me to get and the fuel to get there and back a very good return.

The first year in the EL you could live with, they promissed big name riders that never came, Last year the same and that was not a great deal better, there are no excuses about this year. There are better PL teams than we have there now, if they can't afford the top riders wages, then they should have gone back down to the PL this season, I know DH would think he had not achied what he set out to do, but I am sure the fans would have come back again.

At the moment we are the laughing stock of the EL. Far better to say we had a go at it, we can't get the big riders here, that is if you don't change race nights and go back to the PL.

It would be no disgrace. I really think that the club are finding it really hard. No meetings, then they have no money coming in.

The whole system of the EL looks looking at meeting wise as clubs will soon be out of pocket.

Sorry if this hurts a few, I am no doom and gloom merchant as some folks have said, but a speedway fan who loves the sport, and can see the writting on the wall.

Not sure the problem is so much money as race night, the top riders just won't commit to a Saturday night.

Saturday in the PL isn't a problem, in the EL it's a major problem.

Hemsley would have been aware of this from day one that's assuming no one told him which they clearly did.

I go and moan.

Really? Can't say I've ever noticed you moaning about anything. :P

• Like 1

Not sure the problem is so much money as race night, the top riders just won't commit to a Saturday night.

Hemsley would have been aware of this from day one that's assuming no one told him which they clearly did.

saturday night EL speedway almost put eastbourne out of business.

People are not stupid, it is obvious what the problem is, they are not paying their bills, pure and simple, and not just the Riders.

People are not stupid, it is obvious what the problem is, they are not paying their bills, pure and simple, and not just the Riders.

I have a genuine question, apart from the riders, what other bills aren't being paid & how do you know this?. I'm not doubting what you say just curious to know the answers.

Edited by stevethelion

I have a genuine question, apart from the riders, what other bills aren't being paid & how do you know this?. I'm not doubting what you say just curious to know the answers.

The goose that lays the golden egg is not for sale mate... ;)

Yep. Since I've been on this forum, it's noticeable there are always one or two gloom & doom merchants on Leicester threads.

Optimism is in short supply nowadays. Onwards and upwards. I hope

Not only is it in short supply, it seems to be actively discouraged. Dare to look for the silver lining and watch people begin to slate you!

• Like 1

Hasnt lakeside rode several Saturday nights at home this season, AJ and others didn't moan they raced on a Saturday at lakeside.

I think the EL needed Leicester to make the numbers up but have crapped on them like sky tv has done too.

• Like 1

Hasnt lakeside rode several Saturday nights at home this season, AJ and others didn't moan they raced on a Saturday at lakeside.

I think the EL needed Leicester to make the numbers up but have crapped on them like sky tv has done too.

I'd agree with you there, Leicester sports teams never been fashionable except the Rugger team, and maybe LCFC last yr....