British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Workington (27 August) 7pm

As per today's e-Newsletter:

Scott Courtney: "We have an exciting weekend ahead of us, Workington at home in the second leg of the Border Trophy should be pretty good".

"We need to claw back those 15 points -- but if our performance on Sky Sports against the Comets is anything to go by we are capable of achieving that, and getting our hands on the Trophy!"

"Unfortunately, Theo has to miss out on Saturday, as he'll be in Finland, racing in the Long-Track Grand Prix at Forssa".

"Because of the Border Trophy being outside regular PL rules, Workington have allowed me to bring in a guest for the match, which is great. So I've invited Scunthorpe's young Aussie Ryan Douglas to step into Theo's clogs on Saturday. He certainly won't let us down".

Workington will be without reserve Matt Williamson on Saturday, as he has been released to race in the NL Pairs at King's Lynn, and they will bring in Mitchell Davey as their guest. Both missing riders will return for the league fixture on Sunday.

With a fairly full evening in prospect -- the SRBF collection and a six-heat NJL mini-match, plus several presentations at the interval will add to proceedings -- it is hoped to start the parade spot on 6.50pm, with the tapes going up at sevon o'clock sharp.

Season ticket-holders are reminded that their tickets do not cover this Border Trophy match.

Declared line-ups on Saturday night:

Bandits: 1. Kevin, 2. Dawid, 3. Ryan Douglas (guest), 4. Matty, 5. TJ, 6. Dany, 7. Liam.

Comets: 1. Ricky Wells, 2. Mason Campton, 3. Kenneth Hansen, 4. Rasmus Jensen, 5. Claus Vissing, 6. Adam Roynon, 7. Mitchell Davey (guest).

Parade at 6-50pm with tapes up at seven, now there`s a novelty. :blink:

• Like 3

Dont you know the tapes always go up at 7 your watch must be slow on Saturday nights :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2

Dont know what problem is, its same at most other tracks around country albeit 7.30pm schedules There are more problems in world to worry about that meetings starting a few minutes late.

• Like 1

Dont know what problem is, its same at most other tracks around country albeit 7.30pm schedules There are more problems in world to worry about that meetings starting a few minutes late.

You see that's the thing though, it can quite easily be this every week but it's not, for some unknown reason, I think that is why he was making the point. It will be refreshing to see bikes on track at 7 and not Dick going through the team line-ups.
  • Like 2

I hope Ryan Douglas performs better than he did for us at Plymouth last week

You see that's the thing though, it can quite easily be this every week but it's not, for some unknown reason, I think that is why he was making the point. It will be refreshing to see bikes on track at 7 and not Dick going through the team line-ups.

Fair enough Might be best they say at 7pm then not tapes up That way we all win

A major announcement required on Saturday night or Dick might be talking to an empty stand. Time for a new newsletter me thinks

Trouble is when you start making announcements and counter announcements it simply snowballs. I think only announcement Berwick fans need is the progression into 2017 no matter who in charge? I think fans wont care a jot about folks falling out, they simply want their speedway and that same all over country.

Edited by Catch Me If You Can
  • Like 5

Weather vey nice here at Berwick, hopefully Workington put on a better show than they did in the Sky Meeting.

Weather vey nice here at Berwick, hopefully Workington put on a better show than they did in the Sky Meeting.

dont be so daft , we are always tat away from home . you will soon moan if we beat you , but we wont. lol.

Two trophies in one season, this has to go do as one of our most successful seasons ever :-)

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Workington pits tonight. First there was the handbags between Hansen and Roynon, then Wells putting Campton into the fence in heat 15, winning Berwick the trophy (Workington were on a 5-1 at the time and were on course for a one point aggregate win) and never bothering about his team mate coming round after. Vissing (who I think has a brilliant racing style, made for Berwick) was totally put off after his first ride.

Liam Carr had to be rider of the night. His ride to hold off Kenneth Hansen was the race of the night.

Hate to be negative but tonight there were some very bad signs tonight. I know this was effectively a challenge match, but it was a nice night weather wise, it is a Bank Holiday weekend, Berwick town centre is full of tourists, but the crowd tonight was poor and it was a very flat atmosphere early on. Again, if you went over to the town centre this afternoon, you would have no idea that there was a speedway meeting tonight. One thing about the promoters who came on board this season, they attracted a load of new sponsors in the programme and corporate. You get the impression that now they have left, the actual promoting of meetings will be back to zero.

Very nasty looking accident in the NJL meeting, hope the young lad is okay. Nice moment after the final race of the NJL match though, the Workington rider's reaction to winning the race, how much it meant to him.