British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Somerset Premier League Sunday 4th September 2016 At 6.30pm

The sun is out, the ground is drying up! Well 15 miles away from the track it is! :t: The track staff will still working but on a much dryer surface now and all will be fine by 6.30 pm. Let us give new boy Ashley Morris a big welcome and beat the Rebels.

• Like 1

No rain forecast after 2pm-ish. It's now 11.35am. It would have been called off by now, so it's all systems go for what should be a cracker (as Frank Carson used to say).

pitty Panthers didn't show the same amount of effort as Newcastle to get match on
  • Like 1

Looking forward to see how Rohun Tungate goes around Brough since he's been tearing up the EL recently

Also looking forward to see BWD, Zach and Jake Allen :t:

Tungate has another commitment so R/R, rider absence is main reason I don't attend anymore

Tough ask for the Rebels with r/r for Tungate, comfortable win for the diamonds for me.

Edited by Always a RACER

I was going to go to this tonight cause I thought it would've been a cracking meeting with 2 very inform sides. Only to find out half an hour before start time that Tungate isn't there.

With R/R I can only see a comfortable home win, so not bothering to go now.

And no mention on the Diamonds website of Tungate missing.... So think I'll keep my money and watch England instead

I was going to go to this tonight cause I thought it would've been a cracking meeting with 2 very inform sides. Only to find out half an hour before start time that Tungate isn't there.

With R/R I can only see a comfortable home win, so not bothering to go now.

And no mention on the Diamonds website of Tungate missing.... So think I'll keep my money and watch England instead

Giving how crap this England game is I`d get along to Brough Park and be thankful for it.

• Like 2

Giving how crap this England game is I`d get along to Brough Park and be thankful for it.

Haha it has been pretty dire like

How come Somerset get a facility for Tungate being in Poland? Is it because it's a rearranged fixture?

How come Somerset get a facility for Tungate being in Poland? Is it because it's a rearranged fixture?

we haven't,we got to run r/r as it is a rearranged fixture.

R/R is a facility! No facility would mean a National League 3 pointer!

• Like 5

Superb performance tonight gutted I missed it due to holidays, plus well done ashley solid home debut by the looks of it.

Quite a performance from the Diamonds and its good to see Matej Kus back among the big points, hopefully you will have softened Somerset up for the next away meeting.

Somerset were blown away tonight. Obviously Tungate's absence made it very difficult but I expected far more, partiularly from Josh G who had a poor night by his standards and didn't really show much appetite for the battle either. Charles Wright rode well, Starke give it his all as usual and I have to say Jake Allen was worth far more than his two point return. But the Rebels were poor and didn't look anything like a side who had only lost 1 match all season. Obviously it would have been closer with Tungate riding but still a comfortable home win (and perhaps no 8-1).

That is credit to the Diamonds though. Lambert looked very determined from the off, perhaps getting rid of the frustrations from last night. That's the quickest he's looked for a while. Morris did ok on debut - I think that's what I expected from him. Should be good enough to win heat 2 at home and pick up some third places. Steve & Victor not quite at their best tonight but it shows how strong we were that we still managed to get 57. It is such a shame that Lewis picked up that bad shoulder injury as I honestly think we would have had every chance of winning the league and KO Cup double. Perhaps we still have a chance although I think Lewis will be a big loss away from home given the form he was in.

Special mention to Matty Kus. He was absolutely awesome tonight. Never thought I'd see Matty Kus blasting to a paid 15 point maximum around Brough but he did so in some style absolutely rocketing out of the gate all night. Top drawer and a very apt choice of programme cover.

Also credit to the track staff. It chucked it down all day and all night yesterday and rained again this morning so the track must have been in some state. It rode very well so they did a cracking job.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 3

Said it many times,Newcastle over two legs will take alot of beating..still my tip for the title

• Like 2

While the track staff deserve credit, natural watering of the track by the weather always seems to produce a better track on the day if the rain stops in time.Proves that turning up on the day and watering is not always best track prep.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1