British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Somerset Premier League Sunday 4th September 2016 At 6.30pm

After a good run in the league pushing us up to 3rd in the league the Diamonds were well beaten at Scunthorpe which is fast becoming our bogey track. However we were tracking 3 guest riders Ricky Wells, Josh Bates and Arthur Sissis for Robert Lambert, Steve Worrall and Lewis Rose so it doesn't make sense to dwell on that defeat.

Hopefully on Sunday against league leaders Somerset we will be able to track our strongest team apart from Lewis Rose who could miss the remainder of the season. Newcastle will need to bring someone in for Lewis

I am hoping for excellent racing against Somerset with another win by the Diamonds:

Newcastle

Steve Worrall

Victor Palovaara

Matej Kus

Ludvig Lindgren

Robert Lambert

Lewis Rose Guest

Danny Phillips

Somerset

Josh Grajczonek
Jake Allen
Charles Wright
Paul Starke
Rohan Tungate
Bradley Wilson-Dean
Luke Priest (G)

Whilst Newcastle's fans want the best for second reserve Danny Phillips his poor form will now affect the team as first reserve Lewis Rose is out injured.

Hopefully we can find a bigger scorer in the National League and even if no-one in the NL springs to mind. We need to gamble and bring someone in. My mate Bob Andrews has his grandson over from NZ. Bradley Andrews is riding for Bobs old team Cradley perhaps we should check him out

Back to the match on Sunday. Our promoters have a few points to play with so maybe they can book a guest to fill Lewis' shoes that can do the biz for us.

Somerset have a great solid side and diamonds fans will be pleased to see our old boy Paul Starke doing so well. I am keen to see Bradley Wilson-Dean as he is emerging as a rider to watch.

This match is a must win for Newcastle if we want to finish 2nd in the league

Ashley Morris for Lewis Rose.

Rose is now not at reserve, so no guest allowed... It will be rr at number 2 and palovaara at reserve or palovaara at number 2 and Ashley Morris at reserve.

Ashley Morris for Lewis Rose.

Hi Steve

is it a guest for Lewis or as Arson says R/R

Hi Steve

is it a guest for Lewis or as Arson says R/R

With signing Ashley, surely he will be first reserve and Victor at no 2.

With signing Ashley, surely he will be first reserve and Victor at no 2.

Has it been sanctioned then?

It should be today.

• Like 1

We could have a Grand Prix rider on show on Sunday . Good luck Ruthless Robert Lambert and welcome Ashley Morris

• Like 1

It should be today.

Ashley Morris now on the BSPA website GSA list as a Newcastle rider. Comes in on 4.58, but is immediately on 4.37 from Sept 1st.

As previously said, Victor remains at number two and Ashley is at number six.

Ashley Morris now on the BSPA website GSA list as a Newcastle rider. Comes in on 4.58, but is immediately on 4.37 from Sept 1st.

As previously said, Victor remains at number two and Ashley is at number six.

I'm pleased for Ashley Morris glad the lad has got fixed up he didn't deserve to lose his team place with Panthers and i'm sure he is the best available within the limits available , he's not Lewis Rose but i'm sure he wont let you down .

• Like 4

Yep, Ashley Morris is confirmed for the Diamonds no.6

While I can't see it being a whitewash, I feel like the lads will steal a win. Looking forward to Sunday!

Steve Worrall

Victor Palovaara

Matej Kus

Ludvig Lindgren

Robert Lambert

Ashley Morris

Danny Phillips

Ashley is 22yrs of age and from Wolverhampton. Good luck Ashley. May your spark plug never stop sparking :t:

Big test for Diamonds this one,,, expect the usual solid performance Grosh, but the rest of the Rebels, am not sure about, could be good, bad, or both,,, with possible more meetings between the teams, some shrewd team management may be required ;)

Looking forward to this one as a decent win will scare the other teams in the Playoffs. Fancy us over two legs with any of the 6 teams likely to be there, just hope other factors like injuries, etc, don't change that.

The NJL meeting planned after the main meeting has been cancelled, so we will be having a second half for local riders.

• Like 2