British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Wight Warriors V Eastbourne

Anyone intending to travel to this match who need transport from either around the island OR from the mainland, should go to: http://www.wightwarriors.co/travel - it might well save you money!

Team news in due course as and when to hand (might not be until tomorrow morning) but as well as the south coast on track clash, off track it's going to be a real Caribbean style party atmosphere and not to be missed!

Eastbourne fans: prepare to visit 1957 if you are going to the Isle of Wight for the day, ahead of the speedway.

Wonderful place.

Danyon Hume, fresh of the back of his first ever 15pt maximum, guesting at No. 1 for Eastbourne

Danyon Hume, fresh of the back of his first ever 15pt maximum, guesting at No. 1 for Eastbourne

glad someone found out who it is... set up nicely for another 12-13points hopefully!
  • Like 1

Anyone intending to travel to this match who need transport from either around the island OR from the mainland, should go to: http://www.wightwarriors.co/travel - it might well save you money!

Team news in due course as and when to hand (might not be until tomorrow morning) but as well as the south coast on track clash, off track it's going to be a real Caribbean style party atmosphere and not to be missed!

just tried to get a 'deal' only to find i can't even get a car over to the island today and if i could can't get a return tomorrow until 8.00 when we need to be at lakeside. so thank you for the post bryn as we would have driven all the way to portsmouth for nothing , as we've never pre-booked before. i'm absolutely gutted , this was the first meeting i looked for when the fixtures came out.

Edited by gee jay

Go on the fast cat gee jay, its a piece of piss and takes no time

thanks ruckerroo , but not with all your holiday luggage it wouldn't be.

• Like 1

thanks ruckerroo , but not with all your holiday luggage it wouldn't be.

I take it then, as you need to be at Lakeside tomorrow and you have your holiday luggage with you and didn't book anything in advance in terms of ferry crossings for today, you're en route home from your holiday and it was something of a last minute decision to take in tonight's match on your way back? Shame you can't.

Do we know if Powell is riding or Brennan.... Or someone else for that matter?

no not at all it's just we have never pre-booked before and didn't even cross my mind until i saw your post and thought i'd save a few pounds .if i hadn't read it i would be driving to portsmouth now with no idea that there was a problem, so again thank you. several times before when we've strolled up and booked for the following crossing a guy has come up to the car and told us to board the one that's about to leave so this has come as a bit of a shock. we're on a speedway holiday with the warriors being in the middle of it , i actually picked this week as the eagles were on the island but as you know pre-booking anything involving speeding is risky with our weather and it's bad enough to waste fuel and tolls etc never mind ferry crossings and accommodation. we did the peter craven memorial . atm i'm feeling fortunate but very disappointed and we have a good plan b in poole v belle vue but it's not like watching the eagles on the island , not for me anyway.

Edited by gee jay

just tried to get a 'deal' only to find i can't even get a car over to the island today and if i could can't get a return tomorrow until 8.00 when we need to be at lakeside. so thank you for the post bryn as we would have driven all the way to portsmouth for nothing , as we've never pre-booked before. i'm absolutely gutted , this was the first meeting i looked for when the fixtures came out.

Go over on the catamaran instead, leaving your car in Portsmouth.

If you book, you can get a free taxi from the Pier Head at Ryde to the track.

The discounts still apply for foot passengers.

Watch Adam Ellis gee jay it's close enough

43-47 , very slick track, processional racing til last 3 or 4 races.

Eastbournes heat leaders shone as did iow reserves

Crowd more than ok

Good result for the Eagles on their travels ... Play-Off bound !!